First Angel's Message

Posted By: dedication

First Angel's Message - 09/24/13 06:44 AM

Quote:
Rev. 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The first angel begins the great last warning message to be given to the world.
It is the "everlasting gospel", yet it includes an urgent message that is specific for the last days.

These specifics are contained in verse seven.

1. The judgment message

2. Worship the Creator (with the words sounding much like the fourth commandment).

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/24/13 07:06 AM

The message began in the early 1840's --
"Christ is coming very soon" was sounded by many voices.

Those who believed changed much in their lives.

Quote:
They saw their backslidings, their worldliness and unbelief, their pride and selfishness. Many sought the Lord with repentance and humiliation. The affections that had so long clung to earthly things they now fixed upon Heaven. The Spirit of God rested upon them, and with hearts softened and subdued they joined to sound the cry, “Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his Judgment is come.” {GC88 368.3}

Sinners inquired with weeping, “What must I do to be saved?” Those whose lives had been marked with dishonesty were anxious to make restitution. All who found peace in Christ longed to see others share the blessing. The hearts of parents were turned to their children, and the hearts of children to their parents. The barriers of pride and reserve were swept away. Heart-felt confessions were made, and the members of the household labored for the salvation of those who were nearest and dearest. Often was heard the sound of earnest intercession. Everywhere were souls in deep anguish, pleading with God. Many wrestled all night in prayer for the assurance that their sins were pardoned, or for the conversion of their relatives or neighbors. {GC88 369.1}

This was a wonderful time of reformation and revival, and for many it was a bitter disappointment when Christ did not come when they expected?
But for many others it was not genuine. There were among them many who had been actuated by no higher motive than fear. When the time passed they ridiculed their former activities and friends and went right back to their former lives.

Yet the message was CORRECT!

The hour of God's judgment had begun. Soon, very soon, Jesus will return. Now there is no "set time" for that coming, and people are not to stir up a religious fervor according to a calendar date, but we are to live in earnest anticipation based on a genuine life commitment.

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/24/13 07:56 AM

1844 was a "turning point" year for the world.

The call to worship the Creator
was challenged by another movement that worked in direct opposition to this call.

While William Miller was studying and preaching,
Charles Darwin was exploring and theorising on a new concept on how things came to be. After several years of studying and exploring Darwin sketched out his ideas in an 230 page easy in 1844 !!
The theory of evolution rose during the same time, and in opposition to, the sounding of the three angels' messages.

The call to "fear God and give Him glory"
was counteracted by another message that sought to ban all concepts of God.
Marxism

There were a number of other movements as well springing up at the same time.

The time of the end messages of Revelation 14 began.

So what does it mean to us -
to fear God and give Him glory, for the hour of His judgment has come, worship Him Who made heaven and earth, the sea and the fountains of water?
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/24/13 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dedication
Quote:
Rev. 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The first angel begins the great last warning message to be given to the world.
It is the "everlasting gospel", yet it includes an urgent message that is specific for the last days.

These specifics are contained in verse seven.

1. The judgment message

2. Worship the Creator (with the words sounding much like the fourth commandment).

Only SDA ever did formulate, and hold to, the doctrine of an investigative judgement. It did not arise from Rev. 14 however, but Rev. 14 was, unfortunately, co-opted as evidence of it. Instead, astute Bible students can see clearly that the phrase, "the hour of his judgement is come", is really saying two things:

1. that this being THE HOUR of "his judgement", that the judgement was within the hour, that is very, very near, even at the door, so to speak; and

2. that "his judgement" is the fire and brimstone against the wicked and salvation for the righteous. This latter point is taken up by the third angel and the voice from heaven as a consequence of what the second angel proclaims concerning Babylon.

It requires some amount of theological gymnastics to equate the "judgement" spoken of by the first angel to an investigative one rather than to one, indicated by the context, as being of fire and brimstone. It is time that SDA really sit and ponder carefully what they are really preaching.

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/25/13 07:04 AM

Yes, the message isn't popular in the world today, but it is the last urgent message.

The concept of the judgment hour wasn't really understood until after the Great Disappointment. Prior to the Great Disappointment the Millerites believed it referred to Christ's second coming.
After the Disappointment they realized that "the hour IS COME" (present tense) was followed by still more messages. The first angel's message was only the beginning, not the end. They grew in their understanding as they spent much time in study and prayer.

The Revelator clearly tells us the first angel has the "everlasting gospel" or covenant to preach to all nations, tongues, and people.
Thus obviously the 1st angel with his announcement that the hour of judgment IS COME, (not coming soon but IS COME) has to do with a judgment hour BEFORE the execution is carried out.

The third angel warns of the execution, but the first angel tells of the "hour of judgment".

This first angel is enlarging people's understanding of the everlasting gospel as well as initiating the last great message to the world. Thus there is something about this message that is more than what people usually consider "the gospel".

The first angel's primary message is
1) The announcement that God's judgment hour IS COME
2) The call to worship the Creator (with words that sound very much like the fourth commandment).

Those who embraced the message discovered (after the disappointment)
1) That Miller was right about the time lines, the way Christ would return, and that God's judgment hour had come
2) They discovered however that the judgment hour was not the 2nd coming itself, but the fulfilment of Daniel 7 when the Son of Man appears before the Ancient of Days and celestial court to receive His kingdom.
3) Further study brought them to understand that there is a judgment "hour" taking place in that heavenly court since 1844.
4) This sanctuary truth also showed the commandments as the foundation of the judgment and ONE of those commandments was not upheld by the Christian world -- the Creation 7th day Sabbath.
5) The call to worship the Creator was understood to include acknowledging the memorial of Creation -- the Sabbath.

The three angels messages begin by saying the message is part of the everlasting gospel, so much so, that the third angel warns that to ignore the messages and accept Satan's (and human devised)counterfeits results in damnation.

Yet many now claim that teaching about a judgment of believers and the observing of the so called "jewish" Sabbath is denying the gospel? But the Revelator clearly says the angels proclaiming this judgment hour and worship of him Who made all things message, have the everlasting gospel.

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/25/13 01:02 PM

Yes, the message isn't popular in the world today, but it is the last urgent message.

The concept of the judgment hour wasn't really understood until after the Great Disappointment. Prior to the Great Disappointment the Millerites believed it referred to Christ's second coming.
After the Disappointment they realized that "the hour IS COME" (present tense) was followed by still more messages. The first angel's message was only the beginning, not the end. They grew in their understanding as they spent much time in study and prayer.

The Revelator clearly tells us the first angel has the "everlasting gospel" or covenant to preach to all nations, tongues, and people.
Thus obviously the 1st angel with his announcement that the hour of judgment IS COME, (not coming soon but IS COME) has to do with a judgment hour BEFORE the execution is carried out.

The third angel warns of the execution, but the first angel tells of the "hour of judgment".

This first angel is enlarging people's understanding of the everlasting gospel as well as initiating the last great message to the world. Thus there is something about this message that is more than what people usually consider "the gospel".

The first angel's primary message is
1) The announcement that God's judgment hour IS COME
2) The call to worship the Creator (with words that sound very much like the fourth commandment).

Those who embraced the message discovered (after the disappointment)
1) That Miller was right about the time lines, the way Christ would return, and that God's judgment hour had come
2) They discovered however that the judgment hour was not the 2nd coming itself, but the fulfilment of Daniel 7 when the Son of Man appears before the Ancient of Days and celestial court to receive His kingdom.
3) Further study brought them to understand that there is a judgment "hour" taking place in that heavenly court since 1844.
4) This sanctuary truth also showed the commandments as the foundation of the judgment and ONE of those commandments was not upheld by the Christian world -- the Creation 7th day Sabbath.
5) The call to worship the Creator was understood to include acknowledging the memorial of Creation -- the Sabbath.

The three angels messages begin by saying the message is part of the everlasting gospel, so much so, that the third angel warns that to ignore the messages and accept Satan's (and human devised)counterfeits results in damnation.

Yet many now claim that teaching about a judgment of believers and the observing of the so called "jewish" Sabbath is denying the gospel? But the Revelator clearly says the angels proclaiming this judgment hour and worship of him Who made all things message, have the everlasting gospel.

You are forcing your own interpretation on the text. Rather, listen to the Word of God. Jesus said, "NOW IS THE JUDGMENT OF THIS WORLD: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (John 12:31-32)

Jesus did not leave you to believe as you please concerning the matter of judgment. First of all, he said that it was "NOW", i.e. in His day. Secondly, He said what it was, that "the prince of this world shall be cast out." It had nothing to do with the opening of books to discover the sins of men. And thirdly, he spoke of the accompanying message of salvation saying, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

But SDA WILFULLY force their own interpretation on Rev. 14 instead of allowing the Bible to interpret itself. By the way, Peter also spoke of "a judgment of God that NOW IS" in his day, and it was not investigative either. (1 Peter 4:12-19)

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/26/13 03:32 AM

Yes, I realize people want to reject this foundational message. We were warned that this would happen.

As to
John 12:31-32 this isn't speaking of the same time and event as Revelation 14.

In John 12 Jesus is speaking of His death upon the cross.

Quote:
12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.
12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Jesus came to suffer the penalty of sinners. By taking the penalty of death upon Himself, Christ frees us from the domain of Satan. Satan, having usurped the dominion of the earth which was given to Adam in Genesis 1, claimed all humanity and he world as his. When Christ took our sins and died our death, Satan became a defeated foe.

Yes, that was a judgment of the world -- the great turning point in the history of earth. The door of salvation which was only promised prior to the cross, was thrown wide open to all who would respond in faith.

But that is not the same "hour of judgment" that is spoken of in Rev. 14.
Revelation 14 speaks of a judgment hour just before the second coming.

Revelation and Daniel complement one another.

Revelation 14 looks back to Daniel 7 for further understanding.

In Daniel 7 we see various beasts (kingdoms) vying for the dominion of the earth. The problem is they are all building on principles of the first usurper, not on the principles of heaven.

Finally we see the heavenly court scene where the Ancient of days comes on His throne with wheels burning like fire. Ten thousand upon ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

We see the Son of Man (Jesus in His glorified human body) being brought before this heavenly court. "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed."

Jesus has taken His place at the head of the human race -- the position Adam lost and surrendered to Satan -- Christ has redeemed and now receives the dominion back, and through Him believers will inherit this everlasting kingdom.

Before this heavenly court He presents the names of the overcomers who will inherit the earth due to His great redemptive work.

Quote:
Rev. 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
3:6 He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Yes, it is after these beasts in Daniel 7 have exhibited their violent battles for dominion (after the times,time and half a time =1260 years) that

Quote:
"the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his (the blasphemous horn's) dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/26/13 07:25 PM

Yes, I realize people want to reject this foundational message. We were warned that this would happen.

As to

Quote:
12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Jesus came to suffer the penalty of sinners. By taking the penalty of death upon Himself, Christ frees us from the domain of Satan. Satan, having usurped the dominion of the earth which was given to Adam in Genesis 1, claimed all humanity and he world as his. When Christ took our sins and died our death, Satan became a defeated foe.

Yes, that was a judgment of the world -- the great turning point in the history of earth. The door of salvation which was only promised prior to the cross, was thrown wide open to all who would respond in faith.

Revelation and Daniel complement one another.

Revelation 14 looks back to Daniel 7 for further understanding.

In Daniel 7 we see various beasts (kingdoms) vying for the dominion of the earth. The problem is they are all building on principles of the first usurper, not on the principles of heaven.

Finally we see the heavenly court scene where the Ancient of days comes on His throne with wheels burning like fire. Ten thousand upon ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

We see the Son of Man (Jesus in His glorified human body) being brought before this heavenly court. "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed."

Jesus has taken His place at the head of the human race -- the position Adam lost and surrendered to Satan -- Christ has redeemed and now receives the dominion back, and through Him believers will inherit this everlasting kingdom.

Before this heavenly court He presents the names of the overcomers who will inherit the earth due to His great redemptive work.

Quote:
Rev. 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
3:6 He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Yes, it is after these beasts in Daniel 7 have exhibited their violent battles for dominion (after the times,time and half a time =1260 years) that

Quote:
"the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his (the blasphemous horn's) dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

John says, "Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth — to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people — saying with a loud voice, 'Fear God and give glory to Him, FOR THE HOUR OF HIS JUDGEMENT HAS COME; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.'"

This is the same thing Jesus says, "NOW IS THE JUDGEMENT OF THIS WORLD; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."

Read carefully about how He defines JUDGEMENT: "now the ruler of this world will be cast out." It is only SDA who invented a doctrine of an investigative judgement. The Bible interprets itself and tells you what is "this judgement". It is the casting out of sinners from the people of God, the Second Advent in the first instance and Calvary+Pentecost in the second.

Posted By: Harold Fair

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/27/13 12:16 AM

Mr. Peterson, what Bible are you using? Look at it and find out just when Satan was cast out of this Earth.

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/27/13 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
Mr. Peterson, what Bible are you using? Look at it and find out just when Satan was cast out of this Earth.

What Bible are YOU using? Jesus did not anything about being "cast out of this Earth".

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/27/13 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: James Peterson

Quote:

'Fear God and give glory to Him, FOR THE HOUR OF HIS JUDGEMENT HAS COME; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.'"

This is the same thing Jesus says, "NOW IS THE JUDGEMENT OF THIS WORLD; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."

Read carefully about how He defines JUDGEMENT: "now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
Yes, read carefully, for in John 12:31-33 it says plainly that Jesus was speaking of His death upon the cross.

This event marked the defeat of Satan as ruler of this world.

Satan was "cast out" twice already.
1) Before the creation of this world when he rebelled against God and deceived 1/3 of the angels. However, in the book of Job we read of him walking the earth, yet he still had access to the counsel meetings of heavenly beings. He still had some sympathy in the minds of heavenly beings who did not yet fully understand the malignancy of his deceptive ways.

2) At the cross Satan fully exposed his utter evilness, while the Creator revealed He loved mankind enough to take their sin and punishment in order to offer them life! Christ's resurrection was the triumphant victory over sin and death. At this point Satan was defeated --he was fully cast out from heaven and lost any claim to the dominion of this earth.

Quote:
Rev. 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The above casting out, is NOT at the end of the world but at the time of Christ's death and resurrection, Satan was now a defeated enemy. Yet it's not the end for satan is still active, furiously doing his best to destroy God's people. But God's faithful overcome by the blood of the lamb and their testimony.

Revelation 14 takes us to the last days and is speaking of a different judgment.
It is NOT the judgment of satan -- he already is a defeated foe.
This is God's judgment "the hour of HIS judgment is come"
This is when Christ "the Son of man" appears before the celestial court (as described in Daniel 7) and to HIM is given the dominion and kingdom of this world.
He in turn presents the names of those who "have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb" and overcome in his power.
(See Rev. 3:5 and 7:14))
And Daniel 7 tells us judgment is given in their favor and they will inherit the earth with Jesus, while the evil usurper and his worshippers are destroyed.

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/27/13 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: James Peterson

Quote:

'Fear God and give glory to Him, FOR THE HOUR OF HIS JUDGEMENT HAS COME; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.'"

Read carefully about how He defines JUDGEMENT: "now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
Yes, read carefully, for in John 12:31-33 it says plainly that Jesus was speaking of His death upon the cross.

This event marked the defeat of Satan as ruler of this world.

Satan was "cast out" twice already.
1) Before the creation of this world when he rebelled against God and deceived 1/3 of the angels. However, in the book of Job we read of him walking the earth, yet he still had access to the counsel meetings of heavenly beings. He still had some sympathy in the minds of heavenly beings who did not yet fully understand the malignancy of his deceptive ways.

2) At the cross Satan fully exposed his utter evilness, while the Creator revealed He loved mankind enough to take their sin and punishment in order to offer them life! Christ's resurrection was the triumphant victory over sin and death. At this point Satan was defeated --he was fully cast out from heaven and lost any claim to the dominion of this earth.

Quote:
Rev. 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The above casting out, is NOT at the end of the world but at the time of Christ's death and resurrection, Satan was now a defeated enemy. Yet it's not the end for satan is still active, furiously doing his best to destroy God's people. But God's faithful overcome by the blood of the lamb and their testimony.

Revelation 14 takes us to the last days and is speaking of a different judgment.
It is NOT the judgment of satan -- he already is a defeated foe.
This is God's judgment "the hour of HIS judgment is come"
This is when Christ "the Son of man" appears before the celestial court (as described in Daniel 7) and to HIM is given the dominion and kingdom of this world.
He in turn presents the names of those who "have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb" and overcome in his power.
(See Rev. 3:5 and 7:14))
And Daniel 7 tells us judgment is given in their favor and they will inherit the earth with Jesus, while the evil usurper and his worshippers are destroyed.

******* STAFF EDIT *******

Re: First Angel's Message - 09/28/13 07:50 AM

A biblical presentation

Rev. 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven,
having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth,
and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice,
Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come:
and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

THE JUDGMENT SCENE DISCRIBED

Daniel 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of days was seated;
His garment was white as snow,
And the hair of His head was like pure wool.
His throne was a fiery flame,
Its wheels a burning fire;
10 A fiery stream issued
And came forth from before Him.
A thousand thousands ministered to Him;
Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.
The court was seated,
And the books were opened.

WHO IS BROUGHT BEFORE THIS ASSEMBLED COURT?

Daniel 7:13 “I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.

WHAT IS THE FIRST DECISION OF THE COURT?

Dan. 7:14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

WHAT DOES JESUS PRESENT TO THE COURT?

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I (Jesus) will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Matt. 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men,
him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men,
him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Mal. 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard [it],
and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels;
and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

WHAT IS GOING ON DOWN HERE ON EARTH?

Daniel 7:21 “I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints,
and prevailing against them,

WHAT JUDGMENT IS GIVEN TO THE OVERCOMERS?

Dan.7 22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High,
and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.

WHAT JUDGMENT AGAINST THIS PERSECUTING HORN?

Daniel 7:26
the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his (the stout horn's) dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.

Rev. 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice,
If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture
into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence
of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

THE END OF THE INVESTIGATION ANNOUNCES

Rev. 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still:
and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

JESUS COMES WITH THE REWARDS ALREADY DETERMINED

Rev. 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Daniel 7:27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,

Re: First Angel's Message - 10/01/13 07:06 AM

So we see that the three angels are heralding the eminent coming of Christ.

The first angel announces the hour of God's judgment is come. The timelines outlining earth's history have reached their termination point and earth has entered the "time of the end".

In Daniel 8 we hear the question:
8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long the vision
(The vision began with Persia and moved on to Greece and on to the Roman horn) 2300 years.

The daily removed and the abomination of desolation set up is 1290 days (years) according to Daniel 12:11, which would be part of the 2300 years as they are also part of the vision in Daniel 8 and included in the question "How long the vision [concerning] the daily [sacrifice], and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?"

The vision reaches to "the time of the end"
Daniel 8:17 "So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end the vision."

The endpoint of the vision is for the time of the end and points to the cleansing of the sanctuary.

For the meaning of this cleansing we look to the day of Atonement.

The word in Daniel 8:14 is
(#6663) “ntsadaq” from "tsadaq" which has a forensic meaning of “justify, vindicate, clear, made righteousness, cleanse" .
Forensic means it is connected with or used in courts of law.
The word used in Daniel is a stronger, term then the “cleansed” used in Leviticus, for this cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary IS THE REAL THING.

Indeed this passage might well be translated: “Then shall the sanctuary have atonement made for it”.

Remember that the REAL “cleansing“ must be done with the BETTER sacrifice of Christ. (see Heb. 9:23) When Christ cleanses the heavenly sanctuary it will stand in the courts of eternal law for all eternity.

“Then shall the sanctuary be cleansed” announces the beginning of the great Day of Atonement. It is the beginning of the judicial court conducted in heaven as outlined in Daniel 7, when the ancient of Days takes His seat, and all the angels are witnesses, the books are opened and the court is in session.

Following this judicial court, the counterfeit “religious” horn and beast is destroyed and God’s saints receive the inheritance.

So the three angels announcing the judgment hour announce both the trial or investigation period and the execution of that judgment.

This is the last work of our great High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary, before He comes in the clouds of glory to this earth to claim His redeemed ones.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: First Angel's Message - 10/08/13 02:36 AM

bump

Bumping this to keep it in the Active Topics list.

Re: First Angel's Message - 10/09/13 03:11 AM

Understanding the "Hour"

The use of the word "hour" G5610 in scripture suggests the speaker is talking about something to occur at "that same time" or within a very short time.

For example:

Quote:
Matt. 8:13 "And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour"
Matt. 9:22 "And the woman was made whole from that hour"
Matt. 10:19 "take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour"
Rev. 3:10 " I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev. 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake

And notice in the chapter of Revelation 14 there are TWO different "the hour is come" verses, describing two different "time has come" for two different events.

First:
The first angel announces
Rev. 14:7 "the hour (G5610) of his judgment is come"
The Greek in the aorist tense carries the idea that this hour HAS arrived. When the first message goes forth the judgment has begun.

Then comes angel two and three with their messages of warning urging people to come out of Babylon and not follow the crowds into false worship --

and AFTER these three angels' messages, and a blessing is pronounced on those who keep God's commandments and have the faith of Jesus, we read

Rev. 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the hour(G5610) is come for thee to reap;

Re: First Angel's Message - 10/12/13 06:35 AM

Worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and fountains of water.

In this statement He is giving His "signature".

God is the Creator -- the One Who designed and made us. It is His act of creation that gives Him fully right to demand obedience from His creatures.

This whole controversy over worship in Rev. 12-14 is over worship and focuses special attention to those who:
keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus.

Only one commandment has God's signature -- the fourth --Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: First Angel's Message - 10/12/13 12:38 PM

dedication,

I sent you a PM. smile

Re: First Angel's Message - 10/15/13 08:57 AM

Coupled with the three angel's messages is what used to be known as the "sealing message".

This was considered of utmost importance because every individual will receive either the seal of the living God or the mark of the beast. There is no neutral ground, whether a person wants it or not, believes or disbelieves their destiny will be in one group or the other.

The seal is linked to the Sabbath -- the one command that bears the signature of the Creator God.

Yet, Not all who profess to keep the Sabbath will be sealed. There are many even among those who teach the truth to others who will not receive the seal of God in their foreheads.

So what is involved in this sealing message?

Re: First Angel's Message - 02/13/14 09:27 AM

There are several "judgments" in scripture, and really no need to confuse them.

Satan was defeated at the cross.
When Jesus cried out -- "It is finished;" Satan knew that he had been defeated in his purpose to overthrow the plan of salvation.

Colossians 1:20-22 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel.

The last sentence leads us to understand why there needs to be an "investigating" judgment.
Not all who accept the wonderful gift of salvation continue in that hope.

This need for the judgment is not understand by people who believe "once saved always saved" or by those who believe everyone will be saved in the end.

But the text includes an "IF"

"If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled"

So, near the end of earth's history, but before the second coming, the Bible shows us the court scene.

Daniel 7:9 As I watched,
thrones were set in place,
and an Ancient One took his throne,
his clothing was white as snow,
and the hair of his head like pure wool;
his throne was fiery flames,
and its wheels were burning fire.
A stream of fire issued
and flowed out from his presence.
A thousand thousands served him,
and ten thousand times ten thousand stood attending him.
The court sat in judgment,
and the books were opened. NRST

Oh, some will say, that judgment was just to judge the stout little horn.

Yes, it does that -- but consider what that horn represents.
That horn represents the papal dominated Christian world. For centuries this self proclaimed representative of Christ has slain the opposers to her doctrinal and temporal authority. The martyrs blood is crying up to God for judgment and justice. (See fifth seal) -- are they really condemned heretics as the dominating church says?

It's not to inform God, but to make all things clear as each name is brought before the court. They are not judged by groups -- each individual is investigated. There will be Catholics accepted (as well as many rejected). There will be Waldenses rejected, (as well as many accepted).
And as the judgment comes closer to our day, there will be Advenstists reject, as well as Adventist accepted. And there will be people from other denominations who are accepted.

What? How could that be?

Jesus points to the books and says -- look and see how they trusted me, look at their faith in me, look at their repentance, look at the good works they allowed the Holy Spirit to guide them too.

And all heaven breaks out in singing over one more soul that repented and turned to accept and follow Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

But how many times sadness enters the heavenly court as it is seen that professing believers showed by their lives that self was their lord, not the One Whose name they carried.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Matt. 10:32-33 Whosoever therefore shall acknowledge me before men, him will I also acknowledge before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Posted By: Johann

Re: First Angel's Message - 02/13/14 03:00 PM

A biblical presentation

WHAT JUDGMENT IS GIVEN TO THE OVERCOMERS?

Dan.7 22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High,
and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.

Rev. 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still:
and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

JESUS COMES WITH THE REWARDS ALREADY DETERMINED

Rev. 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Daniel 7:27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,

Our great hope. Judgment in favor of the saints.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church