Is the condemnation in message to Laodicea applicable to SDA's?

Posted By: His child

Is the condemnation in message to Laodicea applicable to SDA's? - 11/01/15 03:28 PM

"And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" (Revelation 3:14-17).

If the message to the Laodiceans applies to SDA's is the denomination in danger of being expectorated from Christ's mouth or is the gist of the message that an occasional church member might be in danger but the denomination and its leaders are in no danger?
Posted By: Alchemy

Re: Is the condemnation in message to Laodicea applicable to SDA's? - 11/03/15 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: His child
"And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" (Revelation 3:14-17).

If the message to the Laodiceans applies to SDA's is the denomination in danger of being expectorated from Christ's mouth or is the gist of the message that an occasional church member might be in danger but the denomination and its leaders are in no danger?

As most prophecies in the Bible, this prophecy serves as a warning and a promise. God's warning of what we might become and how to avoid it. God tells us clearly what the suffering will be if we don't heed the warning.

But, if we heed the warning and repent. If we and God search out our hearts so we do find our first love. If we accept the responsibility of all the messages of all seven churches. The blessings from God will be more than worth it.
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Is the condemnation in message to Laodicea applicable to SDA's? - 11/07/15 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: His child

"There is, in some of the members of the church, pride, self-sufficiency, stubborn unbelief, and a refusing to yield their ideas although evidence may be piled upon evidence which makes this message to the Laodicean church applicable. But that will not blot out the church that it will not exist. Let both tares and wheat grow together until the harvest. Then it is the angels that do the work of separation." {1MR 303}

It seems that the denomination is to stand, while some members will fall.

I would add that Church leaders are just as susceptible to temptation as other
Church members, and their trials tend to be even more arduous. The Church does not fall; however, this is not an indication that the leaders will not do so.
They need our prayers more than most!

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church