Cafer Lily in bloom

Posted By: Amelia

Cafer Lily in bloom - 03/29/02 10:50 PM

Today my cafer lily is in full bloom. This thing is huge and resides in our bathroom. Thats right, the bathroom. He loves it there. But only in this house. Any other part of the house and he gets ugly. When we had the apt, we had to keep him in the kitchen. This lily doesnt bloom all the time. He went several years without blooming and then now, he's bloomed 3 yrs in a row. So I thought everyone would like to see him all dressed up. The bloom head is as large or larger than my head. I will post the pic to Daryl and hopefully he will put it here for you all.

Amelia

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Cafer Lily in bloom - 03/30/02 04:52 AM

It is a lovely picture even though I had to crop it a little.
Posted By: Zita

Re: Cafer Lily in bloom - 03/31/02 08:29 AM

Daryl, you are blessed to have that beautiful lily.

My favourite colour too.

Thanks for showing us.

I have beautiful African Violets that will only bloom on my kitchen window sill.

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Cafer Lily in bloom - 03/31/02 03:42 PM

I sm not the one who has it. Amelia has it and sent a picture of it to me.
Posted By: BELLE

Re: Cafer Lily in bloom - 07/03/03 07:32 AM

I have the same lily but was told a different name, I wish I could be sure what it was - anyway, why I am writing, mine bloomed twice in the same year two years in a row. I let it get slightly dry after it has rested and put it where it gets the most sun and it budded again in the fall.

It hasn't bloomed this year yet, we had such a long winter in Ontario.

I have an oleander blooming this year for the first time in about 9 years. At that time our furnace failed on a bitter cold weekend and we were away and the plant froze but the root remained viable.

Re: Cafer Lily in bloom - 07/09/03 06:22 AM

Well a friend just happened to ask me about my Clivia today so now I know the other name for that lilly (above).

They are so dramatic when they are in full bloom.

Re: Cafer Lily in bloom - 08/13/03 10:47 PM

My Cafer lilly has now bloomed for the first time this year. My friends touch it to see if it is real it is such a dramatic flower.

Now I am having difficulty getting my hibiscus to bloom. I put it outside for the summer but no buds yet.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church