Prayers Relating to Hurricane Katrina

Posted By: Daryl

Prayers Relating to Hurricane Katrina - 09/01/05 07:35 PM

[Pray or Praying or Prayer] Firstly, I hope we are all praying for those affected by Hurricane Katrina.

Secondly, I am wondering if any of our own SDA members were affected by this hurricane, and, if so, in what way? I ask this so we can also pray specifically for our own church members there.
Posted By: Restin

Re: Prayers Relating to Hurricane Katrina - 09/01/05 08:36 PM

http://www.nadadventist.org/ You can get latest info on this website.

I live in Florida and went thru the four 'canes of last year, so can really relate. I've been trying to find local SDA disaster services where I can volunteer some work, as I don't have a lot of money.

What they really need is money to fund the SDA relief operations, which are considerable. The SDA conferences and local churches in the south are in action and usually linked with the local non-denominational and government disaster relief services.

I read about some damage at one of the Academies, and some Adventists injured. Don't know the full scope of it yet. Been watching it on Fox Satellite News, which is covering it live, 24 hours a day now.

Yes, we need to pray, and need also to wake up. I don't believe for a moment that God did not deliberately allow the New York disaster to occur only on the very symbolic day of 9/11, or 911, which is the national emergency phone number in America. God is trying to tell us something, i'm sure of that.

Re: Prayers Relating to Hurricane Katrina - 09/07/05 04:39 AM

Here is a more specific site regarding how this hurricane affected our churches there:

http://www.southwesternadventist.org/hurricane.php?storyid=510

Re: Prayers Relating to Hurricane Katrina - 09/07/05 04:50 AM

Here is another site on this and its effect on our church members, churches, etc.:

http://www.southwesternadventist.org/hurricane.php
Posted By: Stephanie Suranyi

Re: Prayers Relating to Hurricane Katrina - 09/17/05 06:56 AM

I am not sure whether or not this is appropriate. If it is not, then, Daryl, please delete my post.

I got an email from obesityhelp.com, another forum to which I belong. This is set up specifically for those who have had or are contemplating bariatric surgery. Now, we all know about the basic needs of the general public affected by the hurricane. I know we are all doing what we can to help them all. The email I received was a wake up call to me. It asked if anyone could help people with special needs, more specifically, those who are post op gastric bypass patients. I was floored. I mean, I knew there were probably GBP patients there, but I didn't really think about the fact that they may not be getting everything they need.

Before anyone gets upset, thinking I am asking for money, I am not. However, if your heart is telling you "help these people" specifically the special needs GBP patients, contact me and I will give you the email contact information. I do know that they need multivitamins, calcium supplements, and protein powders/ bars. Those are some things specifically mentioned. Again, there are many special needs vicims in this disaster, but this is one that is near to my heart. I do understand if anyone is unable to help.... I have limited resourses myself. But, I felt I should inform all I could.

Feel free to email me and I will give you more information.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church