Ten Commandments Day

Posted By: razorren

Ten Commandments Day - 11/02/05 06:14 PM

Finally, a day in which we can come together and celebrate God's eternal moral law.

We continually hear of Jewish and Christian religious symbols being removed from public places. The removal of symbols like the Ten Commandments is evidence of a secular humanist agenda to remove all vestiges of the Judeo-Christian moral tradition that made this nation great.

We must not let the opponents of traditional values succeed.

The focal point of this movement is the first annual Ten Commandments Day that will be held on Sunday February 5, 2006. On this date we are calling on all religious leaders who are concerned about traditional Judeo-Christian values to host special celebrations and/or deliver stirring messages centering on the Ten Commandments.

Some of the many Christian leaders involved with the Ten Commandments Day include:

Dr. Paul Crouch, Founder and President of the Trinity Broadcasting Network
Bishop T.D. Jakes, CEO of The Potter's House of Dallas
Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ)
Benny Hinn, Founder of Benny Hinn Ministries
Richard Shakarian of the Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship
Bishop George McKinney of Church of God in Christ
Pastor Billy Joe Daugherty of Tulsa Victory Christian Center
Ted Haggard, President of the National Association of Evangelicals
Dr. Mark J. Chironna, Overseer of The Master's Touch International Church
Richard Roberts, President of Oral Roberts University
Marilyn Hickey, Founder of Marilyn Hickey Ministries
Bishop Paul S. Morton, Founder of Life Center Full Gospel Baptist Cathedral
Dr. Charles Phillips, Official Representative to the United Nations as a Non-Government Official to the Economic Concilias
Bishop Harold Ray, Pastor of Redemptive Life Fellowship
Dr. Charles Green, Pastor of Faith Church of New Orleans
Bishop Eddie L. Long of Bishop Eddie Long Ministries, Inc.
Jerry Horner, Th.D., Director of Doctoral Studies, Beacon University
Floyd Flake, Pastor and former Congressman
And many more. . . .

more info here: http://www.tencommandmentsday.com/

--Ren
Posted By: Darius

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 11/03/05 07:10 AM

Again Christians reveal that they have no clue. If He were not omnipresent God would certainly not attend this "celebration."
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 11/02/05 08:10 PM

I wonder what the average sda church will do. On one hand the elevating of the ten commandments, on the other hand doing so together with Benny Hinn et al. As for the idea of having a ten commandment celebration, Darius probably has a point.

/Thomas
Posted By: Charlene Van Hook

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 11/03/05 04:50 AM

I wonder how the SDAs can celebrate this holiday when the meaning of the fourth commandment [seventh day Sabbath/Saturday ] is not sacred to the "believers" in other churches! To participate would place SDAs with the world and not "come out of her, my people".

Interesting.
Posted By: Avalee

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 11/05/05 04:42 PM

Very strange these people saying they beleive in the Ten Commandments and break the 4th one. I would think our church will not be a part of this. [Praying]
Posted By: razorren

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 11/16/05 07:38 AM

200 MORE CHURCHES COMMIT TO THE FIRST ANNUAL TEN COMMANDMENTS DAY: SPECIAL OBSERVANCE TO BE CELEBRATED WORLDWIDE FEBRUARY 5TH

Nov 3, 2005 (BOCA RATON, FL)-- Another 200 churches have signed on to take part in the first annual worldwide Ten Commandments Day coming up on Feb 5, 2006, reported Ron Wexler, President and CEO of the Ten Commandments Commission, one of the world's fastest growing faith-based grassroots efforts. "This is in addition to the hundreds of churches, synagogues, ministries, and organizations that have already partnered with us in this massive, organized show of support for God's law and righteous standard," he said.

Wexler expressed his thankfulness and joy for the latest outpouring of support for the Ten Commandments effort. "We knew it would come, but this latest series of commitments exceeds our wildest expectations," he said. "Our ultimate hope is for one million churches, cathedrals, synagogues, and other groups around the world to partner with us and participate in the first-ever global Ten Commandments Day celebration."

Ten Commandments Day on February 5th [Sunday] will be an opportunity for millions of church and religious leaders, along with believers from around the globe, to come together in unity, repentance, prayer, and hope, explained Wexler. "I earnestly believe and pray that together we will be able to bring a reverence for God's word and authority back to the nations of the earth," he said.

For churches, synagogues, and believers who observe a Saturday Sabbath, Ten Commandments Day will be celebrated on Saturday, February 4 th.

Full story here: http://www.religionnews.com/press02/PR110305B.html

--Ren
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 11/17/05 12:21 AM

Cant help wondering, could this not be an witnessing opportunity if joined?...

/Thomas
Posted By: bethybug

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 05/03/06 04:23 AM

this is ABSOLUTELY a witnessing opportunity!! I understand 3ABN is renting a place in Washington to hold a service on Sabbath....to participate in 10 commandments day. We have been passing out the book by Danny Shelton about the 10 commandments to this area. People are open to reading it right now because of this!

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 05/03/06 03:06 PM

I thought LIFE was a witnessing opportunity, but I have been known to be mistaken.
Posted By: Jeff

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 05/03/06 04:56 PM

Darius, life is a witnessing opportunity, but life also presents opportunites to witness in specific ways. Calling attention to the importance of the 10 commandments is not a bad thing in itself.

Jeff

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 05/03/06 05:36 PM

But when your purpose for joining is to show how those behind it are "hypocrites" you are witnessing to the lack of unity that Christ decries and your witness becomes negative.

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 05/03/06 09:04 PM

Daraus, whose purpose is it to do that? Is it the purpose of anyone here who has talked about it as a witnessing opportunity?

Jeff

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 05/03/06 09:29 PM

Did anyone here print lots of books, etc.

Re: Ten Commandments Day - 05/03/06 09:47 PM

Well, I guess there is the "twice removed" book. I haven't read it yet. Still setting over there on my desk.

Jeff
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church