The Pope and the Grand Imam forge historic alliance

Posted By: Charity

The Pope and the Grand Imam forge historic alliance - 02/08/19 04:13 PM

Here's a link to a fascinating, historic document signed recently by the papacy and the Grand Imam of Islam.

https://www.trunews.com/stream/pope-signs-historic-pledge-of-fraternity-with-muslim-grand-imam

You all may want to print and save it in a vault to be used later in holding the Papacy to it as an infallible statement of the Pope.

One of the surprises in the document is the Pope's clear endorsement of the traditional family. This and other surprises help to explain the complete silence of the mainstream western media in not covering this seismic document.

The Grand Imam is the highest authority in Sunni Islam which is the world's largest religious group at about 1.5 billion or 21.4%. Roman Catholicism comes in second at about 1.2. It would be interesting to know what coverage this was given by Al Jazeera and the Islamic media. Al Jazeera is a state funded news agency based in Qatar and Qatar is 90% Shi'a Muslim so it likely wouldn't be favorably covered there but it would be interesting to read what the reaction was in Egypt, home of the Grand Imam, Iraq, Saudi Arabia etc.

A few other fascinating statements are 1) the clear endorsements of freedom of conscience, 2) condemnation of Jihad, 3) agreement on God as creator. Although Egypt is known for it's own violations of human rights, it's far more respectful of freedom of conscience than most other Arab/Islamic states in the region. Wouldn't it be a divine Providence if these other states responded favorably and allowed a brief window of religious freedom. Are we about to witness an explosive gospel harvest in the Middle East? Let's pray that we are. Another possibility is that this is a fulfillment of the prophecy, "When they say Peace, Peace, then sudden destruction cometh."
Posted By: His child

Re: The Pope and the Grand Imam forge historic alliance - 02/22/19 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Charity

One of the surprises in the document is the Pope's clear endorsement of the traditional family. This and other surprises help to explain the complete silence of the mainstream western media in not covering this seismic document.

Surprise? Pope Benedict made speeches endorsing the family too. But he turned a blind eye while priests molested young boys.

Now Francis admits that priests have kept nuns as sex slaves, and it was revealed yesterday that priests have fathered children and have a network to adopt them out. Not to forget the woman who said that her priest seduced her when she was 15 and made he had made her have 3 abortions.

Valuing the family? The rhetoric is not matching the reality. "Babylon is fallen is fallen, come out of her My people."
Posted By: kland

Re: The Pope and the Grand Imam forge historic alliance - 02/23/19 12:39 AM

I object to "traditional" family. That reduces it to: it's traditional to eat with our right hands, but some choose to use their left.

Perhaps, "normal" family, or "natural" family.
Posted By: Nadi

Re: The Pope and the Grand Imam forge historic alliance - 02/23/19 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: kland
I object to "traditional" family. That reduces it to: it's traditional to eat with our right hands, but some choose to use their left.

As in "It's normal to eat with your right hand but the abnormal eat with their left?"

Or maybe "It's natural to eat with your right hand, but un-natural to eat with your left?"

????
Posted By: His child

Re: The Pope and the Grand Imam forge historic alliance - 02/26/19 03:27 PM

Is your objection to God's design in Eden?

Re: The Pope and the Grand Imam forge historic alliance - 02/26/19 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Nadi

As in "It's normal to eat with your right hand but the abnormal eat with their left?"

Or maybe "It's natural to eat with your right hand, but un-natural to eat with your left?"

????
Thanks for making my point. As in, it's "traditional" to eat with your right hand, at least in the U.S., but is not a moral issue.

Re: The Pope and the Grand Imam forge historic alliance - 02/26/19 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: His child

Is your objection to God's design in Eden?
huh?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church