HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? #146390
10/28/12 10:05 PM
10/28/12 10:05 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Are the writings of Ellen G. White inspired by God in the same or similar sense that the Bible is inspired by God?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: Daryl] #146395
10/28/12 11:11 PM
10/28/12 11:11 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"The apostle (Paul) cautioned the Thessalonians not to despise the gift of prophecy, and in the words, “Quench not the Spirit; despise not prophesyings; prove all things; hold fast that which is good,” he enjoined a careful discrimination in distinguishing the false from the true. He besought them to “abstain from all appearance of evil;” and closed his letter with the prayer that God would sanctify them wholly, that in “Spirit and soul and body” they might “be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He that calleth you,” he added, “who also will do it.” {AA 263.3}

"But the scriptures, while foretelling this dreadful apostasy, also plainly teach that just before the second coming of Christ, many will be rescued from the darkness of error and superstition. Once more the earth is to be lightened by the glory of God. The pure truths of the Bible are to shine forth. And in this time of heavenly illumination marking the approaching end of the age, the gifts of the Spirit are again to be manifest in the true church. “It shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: and on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy.” Acts 2:17, 18; Joel 2:28, 29. {CET 242.2}
In clear terms the prophet John speaks of “the remnant,” or the last church, as those who “keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” Revelation 12:17. In another passage the same writer gives a plain definition of what he means by the “testimony of Jesus.” When on one occasion John attempted to worship the angel who appeared to him in vision, the angel said: {CET 242.3}
“See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God.” Revelation 19:10. {CET 243.1}
Under similar circumstances the same angel said, as recorded in another place: {CET 243.2}
“See thou do it not: for I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren the prophets.” Revelation 22:9. {CET 243.3}
The thought expressed is the same in both these passages. In one, however, John’s “brethren” are said to have “the testimony of Jesus;” in the other these “brethren” are called “the prophets.” {CET 243.4}
Therefore it is the prophets who have “the testimony of Jesus;” and the angel who appeared to John is evidently the special messenger who conveys instruction to all the prophets,—doubtless the angel Gabriel, who is mentioned as having appeared to Daniel. See Daniel 8:16; 9:21. The same angel further said to John, “the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy.” Revelation 19:10. {CET 243.5}
Comparing the Bible expression, “the testimony of Jesus,” with the statement of Revelation 12:17 concerning the “remnant ... which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ,” we conclude that prior to Christ’s second coming His true church will be keeping His commandments, and that they will have the Spirit of prophecy. {CET 243.6}
The rapid fulfillment of the predictions of Holy Scripture regarding the signs and events which were to mark the closing scenes of earth’s history, is a sure evidence that we are now living in the last days. Therefore a company of Christian people who keep the commandments of God and who have the testimony of Jesus Christ—the Spirit of prophecy—should today be in existence. Where may they be found? {CET 243.7}

Our church must have the Spirit of Prophecy or it is not God's true end time church.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: Daryl] #146532
11/03/12 01:13 AM
11/03/12 01:13 AM
Rick H  Offline
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Are the writings of Ellen G. White inspired by God in the same or similar sense that the Bible is inspired by God?
When God spoke to Samuel was it any diffent from Elijah or Isaiah, but every man has to let the Holy Spirit guide them on this, it cannot be proven by force of text.

Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: Rick H] #146566
11/03/12 10:15 PM
11/03/12 10:15 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Yes let every man who has the Holy Spirit guide them in this, BUT it has to be proven by the word of God which came through men.

I they speak not according to this word then there is no light in them.

The force of the text is in God's word which is the ONLY way to prove the Spirit.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: Rick H] #146570
11/04/12 12:24 AM
11/04/12 12:24 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Basically, since all messengers of God were verbally inspired, and it is by personal conviction that it is recognised, so that's how we assemble for worship of Jesus as a church: personal conviction.

Yes, we can explain it, but we are personally convicted by the Spirit of Jesus.

Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: Colin] #146571
11/04/12 01:48 AM
11/04/12 01:48 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Yes Brother, but we have the Spirit of Prophecy that will PROVE who has truly been convicted by the Spirit.

When those who have been spreading lies see the fulfillment of the prophecies those who were truly entrusted with deep truth come to pass, then they will know they were deceived and their knees will knock, and their bowls be loosed.

We have a sure word of prophecy. When the fulfillment of what the true SDA Church has been proclaiming comes true it will also further strengthen our faith in those words to sustain us through what we know will come next.

Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: Colin] #146574
11/04/12 03:33 AM
11/04/12 03:33 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
What do you mean by "verbally inspired"?
Do you believe they sat down with quill and parchment and then God dictated the message word for word as they wrote it down?

The different styles of writing by the different Biblical authors show that was not the case.

As to testing the prophets, James is correct, it must be tested by scripture and be in agreement. Simply relying on our senses is not enough.

Even Jesus, instead of dazzeling the disciples with His brightness, took them through scriptures, from Moses through all the prophets to show them the mission of the Messiah (See Luke 24:27)
And Paul praised the Bereans as being noble, for they checked out what he said by comparing it with scripture. (Acts 17:11)

Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: dedication] #146576
11/04/12 04:50 AM
11/04/12 04:50 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Yes, exactly dedication.

But I think Colin was trying put into words something that is hard to explain.

The men of God were brought into scripture by so many different paths, but it is safe to say they were all inspired by the holy Spirit through the angel of prophecy.

Gabriel is constantly seen talking to his brethren the prophets in scripture.

Then what happens usually is they go on about their lives and then miraculous things happen associated with what God had told them and He inspires them to write these things so it becomes practical for use by others in their experiment of faith.

Moses listened to God at the burning bush then used the information verbally to other leaders for Israel, and some of it was written down immediately and placed next to the ark, and some eventually got written down, but it was not for many years. The Holy Spirit preserved the stories and brought it to mind perfectly while he was writing. Same with the Apostles, God inspired them exactly what to write through life experience.

Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #146632
11/05/12 11:53 PM
11/05/12 11:53 PM
L
lucky  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Ont., Canada
I don't believe that the bible was inspired of God. However, I do believe that men were inspired of God to write books and those books can be found in the bible. Jesus tells us Himself that Moses wrote of Him thus proving inspiration. I do not believe that everyone who wrote letters which were chosen by men to become a part of the New Testament were inspired of God. Jesus never promised us a book with nothing but the truth in it. He did promise us that the Holy Spirit would guide us into all truth and that those with Wisdom would understand.

Neither do I believe that Ellen White was inspired by God or His Holy Spirit. God sent His Son into this world to tell us the Truth (John 18:37) and the Truth is good enough for me. What has Ellen White told us that Jesus Christ did not? Should we teach others information that Jesus never taught?

Jesus provided eyewitnesses to His ministry on earth and if anyone claims to speak to or for Jesus other than what has been provided by those who followed Him while He was in the world we need to weigh their words with the Word which was made flesh to prove them True.

Re: Are the Writings of Ellen G White Inspired by God? [Re: lucky] #146634
11/06/12 12:40 AM
11/06/12 12:40 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
God has preserved His word perfectly and He brought the most inspired perfectly balanced elements of His faith together in the 66 books.

Even the flaws in that book were ordained by God.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!