HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
New Reply

Bold Italic Underline Strike-through   Fonts Font Size   Font Color Smilies   Image Tag   Quote Quote Quote List   Insert Link Insert Email Link   Quote Spoiler  
Post Icon
Post Options
HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.

CAPTCHA Verification

In response to: "Re: Fourth Quarter 2017 The Book of Romans"
dedication
dedication
Predestination?

9:17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you and that My name may be declared in all the earth.”

Did God deliberately harden Pharaoh's heart against Pharaoh's will?
What God does is show HIS TRUTH in a compelling way, but when God shows TRUTH-- people react, they either accept it or they go to GREAT LENGTHS to oppose it. Thus one can say that God "did it" but it was THEIR CHOICE and THEIR REACTION.

God didn't "shut down" Pharaoh's receptive abilities to truth, Pharaoh did that himself in his stubborn resistance to the awesome revelations of God's reality.
God didn't "shut down" the minds of the Israelites who rejected Christ as their Messiah-- they shut their own minds down in opposition to compelling revelation of God through Christ.

But the truth remains, WHEN GOD'S TRUTH shines forth in power, those who resist must harden themselves and end up building massive mental walls to keep God's spirit out of their lives.

That's what Pharaoh did, BUT rather than hinder God it only made his power show forth greater.
That's what Israel as a nation did as well. The Messiah, Himself, worked among them yet they would not accept Him and they hardened their hearts against Him. But God's truth still shone forth with power.

When the light is bright, that is when the two camps separate and it can be clearly "discerned between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not."

Some may question: If God knew Pharaoh would respond to God's revealed compelling evidence by hardening his heart, why did God allow him to be Pharaoh in the first place?

Others may wonder, IF GOD knew Israel would harden their hearts against HIM, why did He chose them in the first place?
Well, God's power shone through with even greater brightness because of the stubbornness of man.

Romans 9:18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

Well some may question, why did God allow this bright light to come to Pharaoh if he was only to reject it? Because through it God showed His mercy to all who responded to Him!
In the same way we may question why does God shine forth compelling evidence if HE knows people will only reject it and harden themselves?

Yet it is by shining forth compelling evidence that God draws many to Himself, and to these He shows mercy, even though many harden themselves in the process.
Yet God knows what He is doing!

When God's truth shines forth, people respond in only one of two ways-- they harden themselves against it, or they are drawn God.

9:19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?

God is in control of the development of His plan. People ask; "what choice do we have then if God controls everything Why are we still called sinners?

The answer follows: Our choice is to submit to the will of God, to allow Him to fashion our lives according to His plan.

When God's truth shines forth, no person can remain neutral--
they either respond, or harden themselves against God.

Thus it makes a clear distinction between them that serve God and them that serve Him not, and no one will yet say God is unjust.

9:20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it “Why have you made me like this?”
9:21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

People are to submit to the will and righteousness of God. Some will be called to do a humble, common work for the Lord. Some will be called to do a great work for the Lord. Our duty is to submit to our Creator and not "answer" or talk back to God.

Others use the excuse to continue in sin, saying, but God made me like this it's part of who I am.
But evil propensities plague us because we have inherited a sinful body from our ancestors. God is in the business of transforming our hearts and minds. He is capable of transforming even the those most sunk into sinful lifestyles if they are only willing and calling upon Him.

Romans 12.1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

So people still question, Lord, if only you had made me a more "honorable" person, I would have responded. If only you had given me more money, or better position---
Why do you question God? "Whosover believeth in Me, shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16" Don't make excuses that you are less honorable, or too honorable and that caused you to harden yourself against God.

9:22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
9:23 And that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,

Notice the longsuffering of God with those who HE KNOWS, before they were even born, that they would reject HIM. Yet, His longsuffering with them is astounding. Think of Judas. Christ knew he was a traitor, yet with loving longsuffering He drew Him to Himself, till Judas "went out into the night", and personal destruction." A potter does not create a vessel just so he may destroy it. He creates vessels for useful purposes. Yet many vessels end up in the garbage pile--WHY?
Because they are not plyable, the potter cannot mold them into the desired shape.

The same holds true for people, those who do not present themselves to God, who refuse to be molded by the Master Potter, cannot be kept-- they will be destroyied.

He endured with great patience--these vessels of wrath.
God doesn't throw them away right away. He tries to make something good out of them, but in the end they must be destroyed if they do not submit. Just like a potter will eventually throw out all pottery that does not meet with His standard, even though this was not the reason why he first started making them. Yes, God can still make good come out of things. Even in the vessels destined for wrath because of their own choice, God's power, mercy and justice will be seen.
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!