We Have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Freeze Cross

Posted By: Barb Loman

We Have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Freeze Cross - 07/22/07 02:17 PM

We have a shih tzu/bichon freeze cross. It's Stan's pet and I can't enjoy it cos if he's holding it and I go near - it feels threatened I am going to take it away.

It actually will bit me or anyone else that will appear to take it away from Stan.

It really spoils having this doggy very much as I am kind to it but it's a one person dog. How can you stop this? Barb
Posted By: crater

Re: We Have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Freeze Cross - 07/23/07 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Barb Loman
We have a shih tzu/bichon freeze cross. It's Stan's pet and I can't enjoy it cos if he's holding it and I go near - it feels threatened I am going to take it away.

It actually will bit me or anyone else that will appear to take it away from Stan.

It really spoils having this doggy very much as I am kind to it but it's a one person dog. How can you stop this? Barb

Barb, it sounds like you have a big dog problem with your little dog.

I might suggest a website, that might give you some ideas on where to start.

Cesar Millan, has a television show called The Dog Whisper, where he helps pet owners with there problem dogs. I have seen him deal with this very thing you are talking about. I see he has a website and a page you can go to for Cesar's Tips

Hope your dog problem can be remedied soon. \:\)
Posted By: Barb Loman

Re: We Have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Freeze Cross - 08/03/07 12:35 PM

Thanks Crater - I'll look up the doggie whisperer site cos
this spoils terribly my relationship with Stan's doggie. Even when grandkids go to pat her - she snarls.

Makes me cringe.

Look out for us - we're about to spend 3 months up your way in 3 weeks time. We're very brave as we're hiring a motor home for 5 weeks so if you see anyone on the wrong side of the road just say there goes those crazy 'Down Unders' - Barb
Posted By: crater

Re: We Have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Freeze Cross - 08/04/07 05:51 AM

Your welcome Barb.

Sounds like you have quite a trip planned.
Posted By: Redfog

Re: We Have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Freeze Cross - 08/04/07 06:36 AM

My wife works at an animal hospital and deals with behavior problems all the time, I'll try to get her to reply to this in a couple of days. She might have an idea or two.

Redfog
Posted By: fun2believe

Re: We Have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Freeze Cross - 01/20/08 02:02 AM

Barb,

Have you prayed about this yet? God can help you, you need only ask. Thru Christ all things are possible.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: We Have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Freeze Cross - 01/20/08 02:27 AM

As a lot of water has gone under the bridge since Barb's last post, I wonder how things are going now?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church