Mans Most Faithful Friend (Post your pictures)

Posted By: Rick H

Mans Most Faithful Friend (Post your pictures) - 09/19/08 10:22 PM

I have to get my pictures of my Chow Chows, but I came across a youtube of a white chow just like mine (and couldnt resist sharing grin ), and for some reason the white chows seem to have the most loving personalities between the red, black chows, and they love children. Check it out, here's a few white chows..

and they are just the cutest things when pups..

Posted By: crater

Re: Mans Most Faithful Friend (Post your pictures) - 09/20/08 07:14 AM

They are cute pups, but then just about all pups are cute.!

We had some Walker hounds show up last fall after a big thunder storm. They were real cute, but were not a breed that I want. I heard the parents on the hill above us, so definitely no. When I took them in a carrier to the animal control, the howled all the way there.!

How long have you had your dog? Have you had other chows?

With all that fur are the they bothered by the Florida heat?

Did the breed originate in China?
Posted By: carolynmartin

Re: Mans Most Faithful Friend (Post your pictures) - 09/20/08 08:06 AM

Wait a minute!
Did I read this correctly?
The pups were real cute but not the breed that you wanted.
YOU heard the parents on the hill above you.
They howled all the way to animal control and you are grinning.
UM UH If these pups were a breed you wanted them what?
AND are you aware that walker hounds are VERY expensive and their loss no doubt cost the owners hundreds of dollars.
I have spent the last 35 years of my adult life returning lost cats and dogs to their rightful owners.In doing so hopefully helping my neighbors cow out of the ditch..
"Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you"
Quite honestly I am appalled to have read this on an Adventist site.
Shuddering in the heart of America
Posted By: crater

Re: Mans Most Faithful Friend (Post your pictures) - 09/21/08 08:00 AM

WOW, carolynmartin, aren't you being a bit judgmental!

There is more to the story, a LOT more. I don't have much time to tell it.

I will just say that I spent hours trying to find the owners name and phone number, but it wasn't listed. ( you see I knew the names had been the in newspaper a few times in recent years, criminal justice system. I was pretty dedicated, but only had the crime to go by). So I searched the internet tying to find the article or crime report so, I would have their name. It took some time but I found it, but they weren't in the phone book. I also called the local market to see if they had been reported missing. I also called around to neighbors that I had numbers for. And I did tell animal control where I thought they were from and the owners name. I just wasn't going to try and take them to the owners myself, I think for good reason. I would rather that a law officer did so.

I can see the home from my land, but getting there is much more difficult, and I didn't have an address. There are about four roads that go up the hill from this one landing, they are all dirt and rutted, most people wouldn't want to take their car up there. I have been up that way a few times years ago in a jeep, but I wouldn't have know which road to take.

Most people people don't go up that way with out a reason. There is an old commune up one of the roads and I don't think law enforcement even goes up there much. In the country you just don't start driving up peoples drive ways and roads. Not looked to kindly upon.

But anyway good for you and all your good works. \:\)
Posted By: Rick H

Re: Mans Most Faithful Friend (Post your pictures) - 09/21/08 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: crater
They are cute pups, but then just about all pups are cute.!

We had some Walker hounds show up last fall after a big thunder storm. They were real cute, but were not a breed that I want. I heard the parents on the hill above us, so definitely no. When I took them in a carrier to the animal control, the howled all the way there.!

How long have you had your dog? Have you had other chows?

With all that fur are the they bothered by the Florida heat?

Did the breed originate in China?

I've raised chow chows for almost 20 years, my close friend used to have them, and taught me the intricacies of the breed. They wil attach themselves at a early age to their owners and are fiercely loyal, so when I have a litter I make sure I have people to take each pup when they are ready or put a ad to sell them as they are quite intelligent and recognize each person they come across and sometimes choose a person as their favorite and dote on them.

You cannot have 2 males or 2 females as they are very territorial, this is also were they get their reputation as they will defend their turf against strangers, and unless you are with the owner or you are their favorite its not a good idea to reach over and pet them. My first Chow Chow was a red chow and she absolutely loved a friend of mine that came over to watch them when we were away, she would be happy to see me when I came home, but she would be in absolute delight when my friend came over and would tussle and lick him all over.

I have had many Chow Chows, but the white ones seem to be much more attached, and will give you their paw or put their noses under your knee or nudge you in some way so you pet them. My male chow (Simba) will stand up agaisnt the fence and give me his paw and just shake with joy when he sees me, most average dogs are lucky if they wag their tail when the owner comes home.

Rick
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Mans Most Faithful Friend (Post your pictures) - 09/09/13 03:00 PM

I embeded the videos in the opening post of this thread.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church