You knew! Why then did you not tell us?

Posted By: Rick H

You knew! Why then did you not tell us? - 08/19/17 09:34 AM

You knew! Why then did you not tell us?

The SOP tells us the following:

“In the visions of the night a very impressive scene passed before me. I saw an immense ball of fire fall among some beautiful mansions, causing their instant destruction. I heard someone say: “We knew that the judgments of God were coming upon the earth, but we did not know that they would come so soon.” Others, with agonized voices, said: “You knew! Why then did you not tell us? We did not know.” On every side I heard similar words of reproach spoken..”

Have Adventist made clear what is going to happen at the end, to the wicked and the saints. Or is the message been muddled or unclear? I think at least in this and other forums the truth has been shown for all those who want to know, what does everyone think?
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: You knew! Why then did you not tell us? - 08/19/17 07:46 PM

There are so many, who do not visit these forums, who do not want to hear Truth for fear of conviction, or who's minds are shrouded in Babylonian confusion and an atheistic educational system, never able to see Truth as anything but a fable for weak fools, so many who take google and Darwin as their gods. You have met them, I'm sure. Such people answer warning with mockery, laughter, and derision.

I wonder if those with knowledge in Sister White's vision were just so tired of being dismissed as delusional that they stopped reaching out and cloistered themselves inside tiny echo chambers...
Posted By: dedication

Re: You knew! Why then did you not tell us? - 08/19/17 10:04 PM

There are many who do not visit forums, but rather seek truth by reading and studying scripture and sharing it with their friends and neighbors.
Many think forums are a waste of time and energy as a lot of "Babylonian confusion" is presented on forums, and it is often very difficult to pick out truth from amid the error.

I'm just praying enough truth does get presented that the many silent visitors here can find some spark of truth that drives them to their Bibles to discover more.
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: You knew! Why then did you not tell us? - 08/20/17 01:48 AM

There are many who have no idea what truth is, nor where to begin in finding it. They have souls hungry for something better than their beer bottles or their empty traditions, they sense there is a higher truth out there somewhere, but are lost in an epic bedlam of modern informational "noise." They need Jesus, but know it not. I believe Ellen White's quote applies to such.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church