Canadians Please Raise Your Hands!

Posted By: Anonymous

Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 03/26/02 10:12 AM

I am curious to see if people who are Canadian would post here & let us know.<p>It would be interesting to see how many of us there are.<p>And, what should we discuss in this forum?<p>Oh, and not to forget, are Americans allowed in here? smile

Is it true that Canadians are all a bunch of farmers?
Posted By: Andrew Marttinen

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 03/27/02 06:59 PM

I'm a Canadian but not a farmer. I grew up in Toronto--but things were different there in the 70's.

I think winning Canada for Jesus is one of the main issues that we out to discuss here. Canadians have a unique mindset and so far our church's best efforts are fruitful only in fits and starts.

I have a special burden for our country's First Nations population. They were some of the first converts in Ontario and may be the key to what Canada's evangelistic future holds.

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 03/28/02 07:11 AM

Andrew

I have had some really precious experiences with some native Canadians.

I will share some of that when I get time.

I would be curious to know more from you re the certain mindset of Canadians, and how this should direct our eforts for them, as a church.

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 03/28/02 05:59 AM

I am happy to see some activity in this particular for SDA Canadians only forum. smile

And yes, only SDA Canadians as well as non-Canadians residing in Canada have access here.
Posted By: Chantale Bérubé

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 03/29/02 06:08 AM

I'm canadian.
No where near from being a farmer!
And that's it!
Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 04/01/02 10:52 PM

I'm Canadian. Grew up around farmers, but wouldn't necessarily call myself one! Definitely a country girl though! I've had enough of big cities already! I had to marry a city boy....

I love Canada. Having lived in the states for 2 years, we take what we have here for granted.

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 05/18/02 04:40 AM

Sarah

Is there any significance to the fact that you were the last one to post here, and the date of your post was APRIL FOOL'S?

Nevertheless, here is a picture of something Really Canadian: (ME!)

Posted By: D R

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 06/01/02 04:29 AM

Good day eh?
Yes "I am Canadian"
even better, "I am a Maritimer"
I am not a farmer but Michelle (my wife) and I do plant seeds. We are the New Brunswick representatives for "Christian Record Services" WOW what a great job (life) We love to work with and become friends with our blind friends in NB.

In the back window of our Caravan we have a great sticker. It is a Canadian flag and it has large letters on it that is a prayer for us all. It says..."GOD BLESS CANADA" [Razz]
Posted By: D R

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 06/01/02 04:41 AM

[Confused] ...as I sit here looking at my "last post" (yikes)
I am reminded of a long running and deeply planned advertising slogan of Molson Beer...they have a product called "Molson Canadian" with the slogan of "I am. Canadian"
Now most people do not see that this is a slander to our God. besides the fact that it is an alcohol product, the marketers are playing a dangerous game here. Taking the Lord's name in vain is not something we should look at lightly...How is it that this add, seen everywhere, t-shirts, hats, NHL hockey rink billboards, Hockey night in Canada television ads, etc...

The slogan is not "I am Canadian" nor
"I am, Canadian" nor "I am a Canadian" etc...BUT it is "I am. Canadian" the period does follow the "am" in all of the print ads... There is only one "I am." and He is the Great "I am". I have discussed this with various people, and some have suggested that the Beer advertisers were just ignorant with this ad. I know from past experience that the Beer companies do not do anything by accident, they spend tens of thousands of dollars researching each individual logo, ad, product...
Look at this ad the next time you see it, and remember " Thou shalt not take the Lords name in vain" God bless us all, and be with our youth in these days of confussion...

[ May 31, 2002, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Daniel Richards ]

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 06/01/02 05:12 AM

Hello Daniel

I have to say that I admire greatly the work you do for the blind. I investigated the ministry you are doing, as well as the Literature Evangelism Ministry, and I did the LE work for about five years. But the Christian Record Services is second to none.

It is a great ministry to be in, and I wish you all the best, as you work with God in this important effort for the blind. Besides needing a wheelbarrow for the brail version of the Bible, I am sure there are challenges; but I just know how impressed I was with everyone that I had contact with, regarding ministry to the blind, here in Canada.

Your bumper sticker sounds good, but the beer commercial stuff, well, I used to drink that kind of beer, and it does become your God, but you are right; "there is only one Lord!" [Smile]

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 11/29/03 03:20 AM

I guess I had better raise my hands. wave

I am a Canadian, and like Daniel, also a Maritime Canadian, and more specifically a New Brunswick Canadian for I was born in New Brunswick and have always lived in New Brunswick. smile

I also agree that we have concerns and issues unique to Canada, especially in the area of evangelism. Not only do we have the ministry amongst the natives of this land, but also amongst the French Canadians of this great land of our's. I am also happy to hear that great things have recently happened amongst the French Canadians in our Quebec Conference. smile

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 08/31/06 08:26 PM

Ok Canadians! cdn_flag

It's time for us to raise our hands again. wave

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 09/04/06 04:08 PM

I just now moved this into the public forum, therefore, I hope the Canadian members of MSDAOL will do as I did, and raise their hands. wave
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 09/05/06 04:42 AM

Hello Daryl,

Could you please fill us in with the details (or a link) for the following comment posted above on Nov. 28, 2003:

"I am also happy to hear that great things have recently happened amongst the French Canadians in our Quebec Conference."

Thank you,

Gordon

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 09/05/06 04:46 AM

Above comment? confused
Posted By: Kay Sullivan

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 02/20/09 05:25 AM

I am Canadian from Canterbury, New Brunswick. I live in USA but consider Canada Home.

Re: Canadians Please Raise Your Hands! - 02/20/09 03:10 PM

In response to this again, I can't remember what happened, but it was obviously something great that caught my attention back then.

Originally Posted By: gordonb1
Hello Daryl,

Could you please fill us in with the details (or a link) for the following comment posted above on Nov. 28, 2003:

"I am also happy to hear that great things have recently happened amongst the French Canadians in our Quebec Conference."

Thank you,

Gordon
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church