Canadian Federal Election 2008

Posted By: Daryl

Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 09/09/08 04:08 PM

As many of us in Canada are probably aware, Prime Minister Harper, via the Governor-General of Canada, abolished parliament and called a Federal Election for Tuesday, October 14th.

This topic is to discuss the ins and outs, pros and cons, etc. leading up to election/voting day.

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 09/09/08 04:09 PM

Do you think it was a wise move on Prime Minister Harper's part to have parliament abolished and to have a federal election called?
Posted By: D R

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 09/11/08 05:26 AM

Daryl as you know, PM Harper had a law enacted that would stop the Party of power from "calling elections" This law was set up to have a predetermined "Election day" and the Conservatives broke this law, did they not, when they asked for the Gov, gen. to stop the running of Canada and allow this election??\

May I suggest that you meld this topic with another one, "Does God allow evil to run its course...... " Now I am not saying one Party or another is evil BUT I do miss the Progresive Conservative Party, they did seem to me to be a better choie than what we have today.

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 10/06/08 12:47 AM

Where is this other topic located?

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 10/06/08 12:48 AM

If the Prime Minister broke the law in calling this election, then why wasn't he charged for breaking this law?
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 10/07/08 07:16 AM

Hi Daryl,

As you'll have noticed, the evangelical Christian right is running the Conservative Party. So they can break the law without being under the law because 'the end justifies the means.' (Then just ask the pastor for absolution on Sunday) Stephen Harper had to make his long-planned reach for a majority before the economy tanks. He tried the 'legal' route with repeated attempts to elicit a vote of non-confidence from Parliament. A motion has been filed to challenge this election notice.

Is election illegal? Court postpones hearings until after Election Day:

http://www.straightgoods.ca/SGBlog/SGBlogs.cfm#329

Posted By: gordonb1

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 10/07/08 07:26 AM

The right wing American evangelicals are running the Canadian government. Read the excellent article by Marci McDonald - find out how the Sunday movement will take us all by surprise. Shame on Religious Liberty leaders for keeping this quiet.

Stephen Harper and the Theo-cons:

http://www.walrusmagazine.com/articles/2006.10-politics-religion-stephen-harper-and-the-theocons/

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 10/15/08 03:46 AM

Interesting stuff you posted here, but right now I am watching the election results, which I don't think I can really post here yet without breaking any laws regarding this in this public forum, therefore, I think I will create an election results topic in the more private forum here for Canadians only and post the results there for the reason that the general public can't read them there.

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2008 - 10/15/08 03:26 PM

Here are the final results of the Canadian election:

CON = 143 (12 short of a majority government)
LIB = 76
BQ = 50
NDP = 37
IND = 02
GP = 00
========
TOT = 308
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church