HEALTH FACTS

Posted By: Anonymous

HEALTH FACTS - 11/26/00 01:58 PM

Beta Carotene and Cancer:

In a twelve-year study looking at physicians, results showed that using beta carotene supplements reduced the risk of colon cancer among men who consumed alcohol on a daily basis. Beta carotene also reduced the risk of prostate cancer among men who had initially low blood levels of beta carotene and those who were obese
Source: 12 International Carotenoid Symposium; Cairns, Australia; July 1999

Smoke Your Life Away:

After looking at deaths due to smoking, it has been suggested that every time a male smokes a cigarette, he loses 11 minutes of his life. Source: British Medical Journal 320, no 7226, January 1, 2000: 53

Re: HEALTH FACTS - 12/13/00 05:02 AM

Ken,
I have sent you two email via bonnieparson.com. I have not received answer, I am wondering if you have received them or not. Would you, please, reply here or to my email? Thank you.

Won

Re: HEALTH FACTS - 01/19/01 06:26 PM

Dear Won: I have been trying to reach you via e-mail as well but no luck. I just noted that the e-mail address you have for me is not correct it is bonnieparson@yahoo.com so try this.Thanks Ken
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church