Low Bone Density

Posted By: Catherine

Low Bone Density - 08/20/00 05:21 AM

My husband has been having back problems, and a recent visit to the chiropractor revealed that he has low bone density and several deteriorating discs. He was told to take calcium for his bone density. But is this sufficient to reverse the problem and prevent osteoporosis? Is there something else he should take or do to help restore his bone density?

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Low Bone Density - 08/20/00 01:49 PM

1st contact Weimar @ 800-525-9192 & talk to one of their MD's about his situation.

2nd consider carefully controlled progressive resistance excercises. Working out with weights in a controlled, supervised manner under a sports physician's care that the Weimar MD would agree to colaberate with.

Supplment Calcium Citrate (it absorbes better) and lots of extra cooked greens. Drink or cook with the juice that holds the bulk of the calcium after cooking that is quickly available before digestions' main work takes place. Best varities are Collards & Kale that are locally grown on calcium rich soil.

A tofu/greens/mushroom/onion quiche, or juice used in making bread, or a "green godess" style salad dressing, etc would give more variety. Greens every day in the same form will probably make him rebel.

The progressivly heavier weight supporting excercise's are not intended to bulk the muscles but stress the bones and cause them to respond by absorbing the added dietary calcium more rapidly.

Remove all soda pop - it uses phosphoric acid to keep the carbon dioxide fizz. Phosphoric Acid & carbon Dioxide dissolved in liquid when injested change the blood chemistry to a more acid state & the body uses calcium from the bones to buffer this back to normal levels. Caffeine and too much protein also do this.

The body likes vegetable source calcium the best, dairy calcium is not chemically built as well for human bones.

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F. Sutton (edited August 20, 2000).]

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Low Bone Density - 08/20/00 08:50 PM

You might also contact Ken and Bonnie Parsons, they have a health web site and offer info for different problems.

They also run a health store with suplements and other items for optimum health.

They can be reached at this e-mail address:
bonnieparson@yahoo.com

They gave me some advice for supplements to help me lose weight, and they seem to be working.

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Gerry B.

[This message has been edited by Gerry Buck (edited August 20, 2000).]

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church