Gum Problems

Posted By: Anonymous

Gum Problems - 11/25/00 05:08 AM

Just talked to my daughter in OK. She just told me her gums are all swollen and not much left of them..she has Pyorrea...I can not spell it....she has no medical coverage..husband can or will not keep a job..so is unable to go to Dr. She is working but does not make enough I guess. She is still smoking. Is there anything out there that is available for her to get to help the pain the swelling. I told her to try and get some golden seal...that of course is so expensive. How about Garlic? I had this problem, but was able to get dental help around 22 yrs. ago.

Avalee

Re: Gum Problems - 11/25/00 05:56 AM

The inflamatin of gum should thoroughly be cleaned by a professional. This is the first stage of treatment. If it is really bad she should be on some sort of antibiotics to bring the condition under control. Listerine mouth wash might help, no other mouth wash. Listerine has about 22% alcohol in it, this will help to keep the bacteria in check. If she does not have some sort of financial means to take care of the condition she should call OK Dental Society and get a referral to some dentist who can treat her inexpensively. Most of all, she should quit smoking as this is one of the causes of this disease. Untreated, she will loose teeth.

Won Bae, DDS

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Gum Problems - 11/25/00 07:14 AM

Welcome, Dr. Won. Glad to have you on the forum and contributing here. Who better to answer this question than a dentist!

------------------

Re: Gum Problems - 11/25/00 05:11 PM

Thank you Dr. Won Bae for you suggestions. I have passed them on to my daughter. The rest is up to her

Avalee

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church