distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite

Posted By: Anonymous

distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 07/08/05 10:05 PM

There it is "and drink freely of pure soft water."
Soft water is without the minerals. We call that hard water. That's page 419.5 of CDf. But Vander- is right. The best can kill you being too much.

I have a dietetics book by registered dieticians
who are SDAs and they are distilled water users when it comes to choosing one or the other.
james F.Balch, M.D., Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C.

And there it is again not salt water or gold water. This time it is "soft water" CDF 419.8, "use soft water for drinking". Did you know that there is more gold in ocean water than anywhere else. Now gold has an
atomic wgt of 196 and that can kill you like it did the hebrews. Maybe that is some of why we don't drink sea water. And ooowh, there should be a lot of iodine in seawater with all the kelp
that grows there. That hvy at wgt 127 iodine that gives kids acne with late in the day hamburgers or
just too much iodized salt. It makes the water hardwater.

Whatever you do, choose ye this day the the good
reasoning of the Lord your God.

An amazing conception to me of Jesus and His
dialogue. He always changed the topic. It even
reads to me that the Sermon the mount changed
with every verse. And how He put back the questions to his questioners and the burden of answering them even when they couldn't.

So this is the last of making food and drink
paramount from me.
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 07/09/05 12:37 AM

I dont think drinking sea water is an option, thats as you pointed out also dangerous. What we ought to drink is clean sweet water, as found in springs, wells and formerly in lakes...

/Thomas
Posted By: debbie

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 07/12/05 05:26 PM

Thomas I agree with you. Can you tell me exactly what "soft" water is? Is it without any minerals?

I do know that when doing laundry, if you have soft water you won't need as much soap as a little bit goes much further but I've never really understood what soft water really is.

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 07/12/05 07:23 PM

Hard and soft water depends on the concentration of Ca2+ and Mg2+ ions. Other mineral ions dont add noticeably to water hardness. Some water softerners exchange these ions to Na+ ions. Though im not sure it may mean that softened water acctually has more mineral than the hard water. While it interfears with soap I think it wont kill you, though my chemistry book doesnt say anything about it...

/Thomas
Posted By: debbie

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 07/12/05 08:25 PM

Well, I am quite deficient in the chemistry department. My husband took a chemistry minor in College so he knows all about it. I would ask him but he is away for the time being, although he will be home in about 10 days or so.

What is Ca2+ and Mg2+ ??? Are these a type of mineral?

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 07/12/05 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by debbie:
What is Ca2+ and Mg2+ ??? Are these a type of mineral?

Ca2+ => water soluble calcium
Mg2+ => water soluble magnesium

I dont remember if these are the english names...
Posted By: Daryl

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 01/14/07 12:14 AM

I understand there are really four major types of drinking water:

1 - Mineral water
2 - Distilled water
3 - Artesian water
4 - Water purified by reverse osmosis

What type of water, listed above, or not even listed above, is the best for drinking?
Posted By: Fran

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 01/14/07 01:22 PM

I have no clue which we should drink!

I drink Distilled because I had a blood test where some metal was high. So I started drinking distilled. Blood work is great now.

I cook with cast iron skillets and iron pans. I also use glass. I try to avoid plastic at all. Sometimes I use Stainless Steel, but try to limit its use.

I would like to hear the answer to your questions Daryl.

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 01/14/07 05:38 PM

I read where distilled water is the best choice water you can drink, followed by the next best choice of drinking water purified by reverse osmosis.

But, what happened to drinking water from a stream, or from your own well?
Posted By: Johann

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 01/14/07 09:17 PM

We have many wells among the mountains here in Iceland. Many of these give crystal clear and clean water and is delicious. In some places you have water that comes out of the ground filtered by minerals, or metals, some of which are not beneficial to your body. In other countries I have seen wells that are too close to sewage systems and therefore contaminated.

Rain water is actually distilled water from the sky, and should be good, if it wasn't for the fact that many clouds are contaminated by industrial smoke, even hemispheres away from the causing industry. There is so much industrial contamination on earth today, something unknown when the Bible was written, and even not so noticeable when Ellen White lived. Perhaps we should, therefore, rather heed the warnings of Scripture and EGW against contamination, rather than looking for a Thus Saith the Lord on what kind of water is best for us to drink?
Posted By: Charity

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 01/19/07 10:37 PM

I have a 130 foot deep well drilled in limestone. The water is very hard, so hard that people in this area have to replace their electric water heaters about three times as frequently because of the mineral build up. It collects at the bottom of the tank and surrounds the lower element until the element is submerged and not contributing much to heating the water. Once that happens it is hard to get the build up out, but I've done it once by removing the lower element and carefully (the tank is glass lined) scouping it out with a pipe.

The water tastes good. I've been drinking it for 17 years thinking that hard well water is fine to drink. I'll try switching to soft water and see if there is a difference. Thank you to anonymous for that post and to the rest of you.
Posted By: D R

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 03/17/07 05:29 AM

Steam Distilled water is a bargain price for us at about $3.00 for 18.9 litres. So as for me and my house we drink steamed distilled. Also at our Beach house we have amazing clean, clear and chemical free water flowing from our almost 100 foot (about 32 meters) deep drilled well. So I drink my well water and distilled. My wife prefers to only drink distilled and to cook and clean with the well water.
-At our Moncton Church school I have told all the kids to NOT DRINK the city tap water. And I keep a steady supply of distilled water in their water cooler. They go through about 2 18.9 litre jugs per week.

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 05/15/12 03:16 AM

The subject of drinking distilled water has come to our attention again.

Using Google to search for more information, I found this thread on Google Search, therefore, I am reviving this thread.

As I also read some negative stuff about drinking distilled water, I am wondering if there are any health hazards from drinking distilled water?

Thoughts?
Posted By: jamesonofthunder

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 05/15/12 05:13 AM

I love the wisdom God showed through Mrs White and her husband James. To me this is one of the main fruits that should come from being connected to God.

In their day they had to make due with the water in the area that they were evangelizing. James quickly became intolerant of this situation and looked for answers to the problem, and discovered an invention used very little back then, activated charcoal filtering. He would fill a tall jug with a spout at the bottom full of activated charcoal and then pour water through to cleanse the so called drinking water to suitable cleanliness. He was given wisdom from his connection to God and it showed. His farming was impeccable, growing crops in areas no one else had tried before very successfully.

Distilled water is only dangerous if done improperly in an unclean environment, a product of contamination. But it can also be too pure. If you have absolute pure water you need to add calcium and magnesium to about 25-50 ppm concentration so the water will not draw minerals through the duodenum and stomach lining by osmosis to equalize.

This can lead to calcium deficiencies. At least that's a doctors theory. I would much rather have ultra-pure water than dirty though.
Posted By: kland

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 05/15/12 09:05 PM

But filtering water through charcoal is different than soft or distilled water.

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 05/15/12 11:09 PM

Yes I agree, just a thought on the subject

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 05/15/12 11:16 PM

Mrs White did not mean to use a water softener here which wasn't invented in her time, she just meant find a source of soft water not contaminated by Iron or other impurities.

The use of a charcoal filter can alleviate a lot of impurities.

But now with the reverse Osmosis technique we can afford purified water at way less expense and this is ideal for drinking.

Pre-filter, Charcoal Filter, Reverse osmosis.

Better than distilled.

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 05/15/12 11:18 PM

Go to Walmart and fill up 5 gallon containers and use a ceramic dispenser... Perfect, room temp water.

Re: distilled water or pure soft water by EGWhite - 05/16/12 07:59 AM

Also if you're worried about osmotic calcium deficiency look into Aquamine (Red Algae based) powder. It has the perfect Cal/Mag levels from a natural source not from ground sea shells.

Use a teaspoon for 5 gals of 000ppm water (dispenser at Walmart)
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church