What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors?

Posted By: Daryl

What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 12:44 AM

What does anybody know about Naturalpath Doctors?

Are they actually better than and preferable to the Medical Doctors?

Any information anybody has on Naturalpath Doctors will be most appreciated.
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 01:50 AM

Hello Daryl,

Do you mean Naturopathic Doctors (N.D.), also known as Naturopaths?

-Those who practice using natural methods, generally non-invasive and free from pharmaceutical drugs. Includes a wide gamut of therapies, some New Age. Those practitioners who follow the Health Message as given to E.G. White could be considered Naturopaths, even if unlicensed. She practiced Naturopathic medicine, shunning the noxious potions of her day and instead relying upon water treatments (hydrotherapy), herbs and natural remedies. John Harvey Kellogg likewise used naturopathy, although he was also a licensed M.D. and general surgeon.

I believe N.D. is a recognized accreditation in some Canadian provinces. Some are also M.D.s. Most medical doctors as a rule are ignorant of the light given us by God. This includes graduates of Loma Linda Medical School and other SDA institutions.

Jesus Christ the Great Physician was a naturopathic doctor.

The Ministry of Healing contains the healing wisdom of the Creator of the body temple. Counsels on Diet & Foods, although a compilation, is also valuable.

Numerous books by Calvin & Agatha Thrash explain the drug free alternative to restored health. "There are many ways of practicing the healing art, but there is only one way that Heaven approves" 5T 443.

"God's remedies are the simple agencies of nature that will not tax or debilitate the system through their powerful properties. Pure air and water, cleanliness, a proper diet, purity of life, and a firm trust in God are remedies for the want of which thousands are dying; yet these remedies are going out of date because their skillful use requires work that the people do not appreciate. Fresh air, exercise, pure water, and clean, sweet premises are within the reach of all with but little expense, but drugs are expensive, both in the outlay of means and in the effect produced upon the system." Ibid

There is likely a Naturopathic Medicine organization in Nova Scotia/the Maritimes. Only by relying upon the instructions given us by God can we distinguish those using spiritualist methods from true natural remedies. Of course it is God's people who should be giving these treatments to the the world. For this reason we were given great light upon health. Sadly we have rejected this light and do not feel the need to repent or reform. We have been converted by the world.

Did you mean Naturopathic Doctors?

Gordon

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 03:09 AM

Yes, I mean Naturopathic Doctors as in ND.

Do they normally take blood samples and analyze the blood to see what is wrong with the patient?

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 04:19 AM

Hello Daryl,

I am unsure. I would guess that most NDs do not draw blood, but some may be trained in blood/urine/saliva analysis. In the right hands, these tests can be useful diagnostic indicators. NDs may also be partnered with a medical clinic/lab to administer the same tests provided by most hospital test centers.

Gordon

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 04:31 AM

Daryl,

I would look for the online Canadian body or the local one which either accredits or promotes NDs, or pick up a copy of 'Alive' magazine at your nearest health food store. Some of their contributors are M.D./N.D.s.

Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors:

http://www.cand.ca/index.php?id=home&L=0
Posted By: franklyamazed

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 07:17 AM

Hi Daryl,

ND's typically lack the scientific training to understand the disease processes that they may be dealing with or appropriate treatments. References to Jesus as an ND are completely off the mark. His cures were divine healings, not herbal wraps or potions.

This is not to say that our health message is not relevant or important, but only to say that Naturopathic Medicine can be very dangerous if it supplants the intelligent application of medical science.

Ellen White supported the application of medical knowledge to the treatment of disease. Much of what she condemned in her time is now practiced by those who promote food supplements and alternative medicine.

The ND's that I have heard leave me,

franklyamazed
Posted By: Lexie

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 09:01 AM

Daryl
My personal experiences with Naturopaths has not been favourable, to say the least. I believe that there are genuine people out there, who practice along the lines of natural remedies, but many are inflated with their own pride, and eventually are proved to be bogus health practitioners. I would want to see their qualifications before I allowed them to practice (practice being the operative word), on me.

I believe that God has provided us with qualified medical doctors, with so many new technologies; especially in this day and age, so why should we not use their expertise?

Two particular cases of 'SDA church people' who claimed to be Naturopaths come immediately to mind. One was advertising in the yellow pages of the phone book as a medical practitioner, when all the qualifications he had was a certificate in massage. That was just straight out lying, advertising in the medical practitioners column of the phone book.

Another such person is still before the courts on a charge of manslaughter, for his mis-treatment and eventual death of one particular patient. I understand that there are others waiting in the wings to come forward, after this case is settled. After a thorough police investigation this guy too, only had a certificate in Swedish Massage, rather than the PhD he claimed to have - from some on-line university.

The Department of Fair Trading fined him $35,000.00 the first time he came under their notice. He was doing something with 'blood analysis'. That fine didn't stop him. He was taken to court again by the Dept of Fair trading and fined $50,000.00 the next time(there must be a lot of money to be made this way). Police finally intervened after someone died at his hands. Investigations continue.

From those experiences, I would not recommend naturopaths.
Posted By: Pete P Pete

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 09:41 PM

I would have a great hesitancy as describing Naturolpathic practitioners as qualified to treat medical problems.

An SDA minister and his nurse wife once recommended a naturopath and we went to him supposing he was an MD. We took a family member who had trouble breating. I'll never forget the day he placed the patient on some sort of machine and announced he was allergic to buttonwood!! I looked at his posted credentials and found he was not an MD.

Later the family member was taken to a allergist who gave instructions which, along with removal of the adenoids, gave considerable relief to the person. So I say beware!

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 09:51 PM

According to the following link, Naturapath Doctors seem to be big and well organized here in Canada:

http://www.cand.ca/index.php?id=home&L=0

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/14/07 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: gordonb1
Hello Daryl,

I am unsure. I would guess that most NDs do not draw blood, but some may be trained in blood/urine/saliva analysis. In the right hands, these tests can be useful diagnostic indicators. NDs may also be partnered with a medical clinic/lab to administer the same tests provided by most hospital test centers.

Gordon

Yes, it seems that some Naturopathic Doctors, which may be the more proper title and spelling, are also Certified Blood Analysts, which is why I asked about the blood analysis.

Does anybody know about the Certified Blood Analysis aspect of all of this in relation to Naturopathic Doctors?
Posted By: Tammy Roesch

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/15/07 05:24 PM

Well, there are horror stories regarding ND's, that is for sure...but don't close your eyes to the many more horror stories that come from the MD's. If people had any idea of how many people die from the side-effects of drugs, well...you would think twice about going to the regualr MD.

Sadly, most of the ND's are involved in some kind of Eastern mysticism healing (iridology, kinesology, etc.)but, if you can find a good ND, and they are out there, it is well worth it.

If you can't find a good ND, go to a MD and get the blood work all done, ask for the records yourself, and mail them to Uchee Pines or some other natural clinic that will try to help you remedy your health issues without the use of drugs.

I believe in MD's for diagnosis and emergencies...but not for getting rid of health problems....they have little training in cause & effect and prevention....their training lies mainly in diagnosing the disease and figuring out what is the best drug for the disease...

There are even companies, Daryl, that I have heard of, where you can send your blood work to, and have it analyzed. Let someone figure out what is wrong, then take it from there....using the natural remedies....

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/15/07 05:59 PM

I came across this site on blood analysis:

http://www.blood-link.com/article.htm?articleid=K2V3-2S

What do all you think of this information?

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/15/07 06:23 PM

I don't agree with some of that, Daryl. There is a book out there called, "Eat For Your Type"...and they have diets for each of the different blood types... Depending on your type, you might be recommended to eat meat. I do not believe that meat is healthy for anyone, no matter what the type.

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/15/07 07:13 PM

What about the other blood analysis part?

Do you agree with that?

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/15/07 08:31 PM

Yes, I think it is a very good test...it is after the test, when they try to tell you that you need to "eat meat" that I have a problem with. I have talked with people who have had this test done, twice.... one right after the other, like a 1/2 between. The first time, they just take the test, the 2nd time, they eat something really good or something really bad, and take the test again, and there is a major difference in the blood between the two tests. I would like to get one of those machines myself, as I think it could really help people see the benefits and dangers of what they are eating....

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/15/07 10:47 PM

Is the following true though from that site?

Quote:

This process (referring to the blood analysis), says Parker, indicates where in your body you may have health issues to address.

It's the "where in your body" that I am really wondering about.

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/15/07 11:05 PM

Well, I have a big question mark on that one. Don't know how I missed that part... That sounds a little like iridology, where they look in your eye and tell you which knee you had surgery on 12 years ago... I don't like that.. I know though, that you can see a marked change in the blood by eating good/bad food very quickly, within minutes....but I really question if they can tell "where in the body" you are having trouble. Personally, I think that if a person believed that, it would open the door for an unscrupulous person to really take advantage of them and sell them all kinds of remedies that they "need" for that particular part of their body.
Posted By: crater

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 01/16/07 09:41 AM

Various countries and states would have their own regulations regarding the practice of naturalpathic medicine. The older Naturalpaths may not have had the accredited schooling that they have now, as well as the associations, and such. At least they have had for the past twenty years. Unfortunately many are into 'new age' practices.

I personally know a SDA naturopathic physician and I have taken over 60 hours of Medical Missionary Training classes from him. In his classes he teaches how to filter out much of the erroneous ideas in the "alternative / complementry" healing field. He basis his practice and treatments on the SOP natural laws of heath, as well as a solid scientific base. He has also been an administrator of a medical clinic.

His name is Rob McClinttock. I believe he has was on 3abn years ago. He is active in teaching the laymen principles for working the right arm of the gospel. He has given classes throughout the USA as well as other countries and in recent years has gone on mission trips to preach and to treat disease in some of the Latin American countries.

He has put together an herbal " Gods Healing Leaves" as a result of his classes and people asking for a good herbal with out the "new age" intrusions. Rob keeps up on the latest scientific literature and applies this knowledge in his practice and in formulating vegan products that I can trust. His products are available at an affordable price and the sales proceeds support his ministry. He is located in the state of Washington not far from the Canadian border. He has a website, http://www.healingleaves.com

I believe that Curtis Akins, seen on 3abn is a Naturalpathic physician as well.
Posted By: crater

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 02/08/07 12:22 PM

I didn't find a forum where we can respond to Barbara Kerr's letter; so as her health and treatment are part of my topic, I chose this one. Sorry but it is the closest as I could think of, in what is available to choose from. My guess is that Daryl will move it if it is not the best spot.

My mother and I met Barbara and her mother a few years ago when Barbara was on her latest cookbook tour. They had a table at a market that carried the "natural foods" on the self along with the regular items. The town was college town, lot of "new age / spiritualism" there. They were there witnessing, so we went to show our support and purchase a cookbook. We found Barb and her mother very nice and happy for a couple of "sisters" stop by.

I was sorry to hear of her more recent health problems, but am glad she is finding treatment that appears to be working for her. Will keep her in my prayers.

When Barb was telling about her treatment, I recalled this post in the "NEWS" that Daryl posts. Wonder if there is any connection in the two treatments?

I enjoyed Barb's excellent cooking programs. I don't watch to many of the current cooking programs as there is just a little to much "mischief", going on now in the 3abn kitchens for my taste.

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 02/17/07 04:14 AM

I know a couple who went recently to a Seventh-day Adventist ND in Miramichi, NB.

This ND has a website: http://www.riversidenaturaltherapy.com/
Posted By: D R

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 03/03/07 06:02 AM

Daryl this fine couple (from Miramichi) have opened my eyes and my heart ! I am longing to grow in Spirit and in Truth and with a cleaner body/mind I will be a better listener and learner.
Posted By: nathanv117

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 04/30/07 12:41 AM

Hi,

Can you please let me know NDs who are M Ds also in Toronto or elsewhere in Canada or USA?. Nathan

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 04/30/07 04:16 AM

Nathan,

I replied to your PM, therefore, if I were you, I would contact this person, as, if I remember correctly, by natural means, he healed a person of the disease you spoke to me about in your PM.

BBD,

I never noticed your post until now. From what I am hearing about him, he seems to be in tune with the Great Physician.
Posted By: nathanv117

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 05/18/07 10:06 PM

Hi Daryl, Thanks for the valuable info. I will be in touch with that person.

Nathan

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 05/18/07 10:15 PM

You are welcome. \:\)

Re: What Do You Know About Naturalpath Doctors? - 08/17/09 10:20 PM

Anybody else here can add to this topic on what you know about Naturalpath Doctors (NDs)?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church