Oxygenated Water?

Posted By: Daryl

Oxygenated Water? - 11/19/09 05:19 PM

Is anybody familiar with oxygenated water, its benefits, etc.?
Posted By: Rosangela

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 11/20/09 12:14 AM

I hadn't yet heard about this. In this article some benefits are promised, like more energy, less chance of cancer, prevention of virus and bacterial infections. This other article says that there is no scientific proof that drinking oxygenated water increases the level of oxygen in one's bloodstream, and that the body's ability to take in and utilize oxygen is a task of the respiratory, not the digestive, system.

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 11/21/09 02:48 AM

How does one determine who is right and who is wrong? smile
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 11/21/09 03:31 AM

Water is H2O and our body returns it as such. Our body is designed to take oxygen out of the air we breath via the lungs. Adding more oxygen to water is likely to cause expensive burps and that's about it.
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 11/21/09 09:33 AM

"...expensive burps"! ROFL

I don't know much about it, but it does seem a little different from the tales I've heard of microwaved water. At least here, there is a difference in chemical composition.

Oxygen does affect the body in various ways. Vitamins C and E are supposed to counteract some of its effects, which is precisely why they are called antioxidants. The body can "rust out" from the inside.

Since oxygen can have both a positive and necessary contribution to health, and a negative consequence to health, something like "oxygenated water" really needs some scientific backing and/or proof before I would accept it as beneficial.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Posted By: crater

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 11/27/09 09:28 PM

There seems to be all kinds of special waters; restructured water, and Willard water are a couple that come to mind. The producers have claims of health benifits.

I just try to avoid drinking chlorinated and fluorinated water. Soft pure spring water would be great if one had access.
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 11/28/09 04:22 AM

Hi Crater,

Now is the time to seek out clean untreated water.

You've provided, perhaps unwittingly, a good rule of thumb for these final days:

If one can access treated water, one is too close to a population center.
_____
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 11/30/09 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: gordonb1
Hi Crater,

Now is the time to seek out clean untreated water.

You've provided, perhaps unwittingly, a good rule of thumb for these final days:

If one can access treated water, one is too close to a population center.
_____

Gordon,

The rule of thumb you propose may only be properly applied in North America, at least if we are speaking in terms of potable water.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 12/10/09 04:41 AM

Check out the following link as well as the Download link further down and tell me what you think:

http://www.goodforyou.ca/aerobicoxygen-2.aspx
Posted By: JCS

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 12/10/09 09:32 AM

Oxygenated water?

Sounds like a fancy name for diluted hydrogen peroxide.
Posted By: Rosangela

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 12/10/09 08:08 PM

Quote:
Check out the following link as well as the Download link further down and tell me what you think:

http://www.goodforyou.ca/aerobicoxygen-2.aspx

It seems good to kill bacteria and purify water/vegetables. About drinking it, you can give it a try. If they have been on the market for 20 years, it seems safe and you have nothing to lose.
Posted By: JCS

Re: Oxygenated Water? - 12/11/09 01:54 AM

I definitely believe it.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church