Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean

Posted By: Elle

Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 12/27/17 12:53 AM

Introduction

The reason I'm posting more frequently these days is that I'm 95% bed ridden because the cancer has spread severely in my bones and liver. Now i need a wheel chair to get around. Before I walked with great pain bc the cancer has eaten up my pelvis to the point of having a whole. I didn't see my bone scan yet, my deduction of the description of it by 3 of my physicians and when i started to deal with these assumed musclar issues; i would speculate that the cancer was already spread in my bones over 6 months ago without me knowing bc I stubbornly refused to do any scans. I had attributed my pain in my right leg and left arm as some muscular injury. Since, I have many new pain location. smile

This post is not about my pains and sufferings, blaming the Canadian hospital system or the big pharma mega corps, blaming myself for my lacks, or anyone else.

It is a deep reflection of what I have learned thru the fire of tribulations the Father has put me thru so to burn some"flesh" off so that my new created man conceived in me can grow to the next spiritual level.

It is also an attempt to seek a balance approach to cancer treatments available at the hospital if your situation you are in is similar to mine.

Being schooled in SDA health institute and university, working as an assistant health researcher with Dr. Sang Lee at Weimar, and from my personal research on the subject; I had many pre-conceived ideas that made me un-balanced in my approach to tackle with discernments from above the best course of action for my unique case.

I know that many brothers and sisters in our Church dies of cancer for doing what I've done and letting the cancer invade our body when it could of been prevented with surgery, radiation or chemo when caught early.

I'm not advocating these barbarian practices; however reality is that's what our hospital system currently offer. Then if you have more time than i and have the financial means to pursue alternatives methods...you are faced with a sea of confusion as to discern what is a sound approach and what is quackery that can also eat up your time availability.

The physician working at the hospital are schooled in thinking the pharma's way. Some know better but if they want to keep their job they need to submit to the hospital procedures or loose credibility and their license. So their hands are bonds. We need to understand their situation and build a good relationship using their expertise as best as they can offer. I have been very well received at the hospital and they have learned to know me and also make some compromises to meet me half way.

I have great hope that our hospital system will gradually change due to the recent fall of Mystery Babylon. But these changes will takes time. So we need to be patient and understanding supporting them to grow also in these coming changes without judging them.

Here's my two main disposition that if i would of known what i know today; i would of made the discision to work with the hospital personel and procedures.

A)My cancer is a HER-2 (Human Epidermal growth factor receptor-2) positive type of cancer. 30 years ago at Weimar doing research, I didn't learn about this gene. I don't even know if it was discovered yet. This is an overly expressed growth hormone gene that tells my cancer cells to multiply and grow fast. Meaning I don't have the luxury of time to try all kinds of alternative methods. I can still do any lifestyle changes but for my case combined with surgery to remove the lump with some anti-HER-2 drug and their recommended chemo to go with it. Again the physician is bond to use hospital allowed procedures. I need to work with him.

B)I am extremely poor. I have absolutely no means to pay for alternative methods of treatments. If I had the money the first thing I would pursue is immunotherapy. The hospital won't give me that option unless I first fail all their standard procedures.

So this is only the introduction. I will further try to share what I've have learned in more details so if it can aid one brother or sister to seek with me a better balanced approach to view their own cancer case: then it is worth while writing it.

Regardless the Lord strongly is impressing me to write this "wilderness" experience down probably for His own purpose whatever it is.

Anyway also writing things down or studying scriptures keeps my mind off my pain, restlessness and sleeplessness. So I hope you can bear all my postings these days as I forsee that my bed-ridden situation, muscular & bone degradation will continue for the next 2 to 3 months before the anti-HER-2 drug & chemo can kick in. Then probably it will take the next two years or so to rebuild my body from this near death experience.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 12/29/17 10:40 PM

pray We have had you on our prayer list since we learned of your fight with cancer. pray
Posted By: Garywk

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 12/31/17 01:30 PM

Elle,

I had no intention of ever posting here again, but I came by here tonight and read your post and just had to respond.

I'm really sorry to hear of your health issues. I don't have the resources to help you financially, but I will be praying for you.

I really like your attitude towards what is happening right now. I don't see how you could have a better one. God will see you through come what may. Just keep on putting yourself in His hands and the best possible outcome for you will come about for God has promised this to those who trust Him, and He always keeps His promises. He will not fail you.

All things work together for good for those who trust God. We don't know why things happen, but we do know God works it out so what happens to us is the best thing for us. Just keep on exercising the faith I see in your post here.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/01/18 06:10 PM

Elle,

We are continuing to pray for you.

Have you heard about the B17 Vitamin in relation to beating cancer??? If not, google it.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/01/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Daryl
Elle,

We are continuing to pray for you.

Have you heard about the B17 Vitamin in relation to beating cancer??? If not, google it.

Apricot seeds...yes bought some...ate some.,.however ulceratve cancer on skin continued to spread but the lumps in my breast did decrease. I was doing the Essiac tea, cofee enema 2x daily to decrease level of toxins, juicing one anti- inflammatory drink a day, eating anti-inflammatory foods the remaining meals, drinking over 3 litters of water, et... All of these things did help reduce the lumps and inflammation in my breast significantly to the point that my breast that was severely deformed and had lost heat-cold reaction...had restored its natural function and looks. But that nasty ulcerative cancer that had surfaced on the skin was spreading more aggressively and was not showing any signs of healing. All that I was doing did not help...and I think at that point the cancer spread into my bones as it was right after the mastectomy that I started to feel those assumed muscular issues. So their was two month or so prior to surgery (when I was doing all that stuff to heal that ulcerative cancer) that I speculate the cancer had spread to the bones for me to start feeling the pain of it at the surgery time.

Tx Daryl for all your and the church support from a long time. Give my love and appreciation to the church family.

Your little sister church where my membership reside stood up to the plate when I became in great needs. As you know our church is very small; but that didn't hinder anything. I had one sister that was cooking some meals for me, another picking up my mail and feeding my cats, and a brother taking care of the house problems. And I could of have more help from other brothers and sisters as they have offered multiple times their willingness. It is me who has a problem receiving help. And the Lord knew my problems of independence and probably made me in a state of dependency so I could overcome that.

So the church family were wonderful in my deep time of needs. I will be forever grateful.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/01/18 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary K
Elle,

I had no intention of ever posting here again, but I came by here tonight and read your post and just had to respond.

I'm really sorry to hear of your health issues. I don't have the resources to help you financially, but I will be praying for you.

I really like your attitude towards what is happening right now. I don't see how you could have a better one. God will see you through come what may. Just keep on putting yourself in His hands and the best possible outcome for you will come about for God has promised this to those who trust Him, and He always keeps His promises. He will not fail you.

All things work together for good for those who trust God. We don't know why things happen, but we do know God works it out so what happens to us is the best thing for us. Just keep on exercising the faith I see in your post here.

Your post and prayers means a great deal to me. Tx Gary. Also want to thank ProdigalOne, the wanderer and all the others who have expressed concerns or not... I know all are also praying for me and I appreciate that greatly

Do not focuss your prayers on healing. It may not be in the Fathers plans. I don't ask for that myself. I do know that the cancer made me face a lot of my erroneous pre-conceived ideas about health. So many things I had to face and re-consider ... Even my mental and emotional health ... If it wasn't for this cancer...I would of never gotten out of these falsehoods or un-refined partial truths and moved into a better life that I was so unsuccessfully able to go into.

I'm not saying I got it all figured out...far from it. I think what was accomplish by all this is I was able to see these pre-conceived ideas as heart idols by which before I thought these were solid truths. Now there's a lot of work ahead to know what is the Lord true health message in the midst of this sea of confusion Babylon has put the world into.

So I don't know if I'll be involve in this work or not...but this could be one of His purpose for me behind Him given me cancer(an extreme aggressive and invasive case of it) so I would leave the farming sector and go back into health as He has put me into it when I became baptized 30 years ago.

Concerning faith... Well for the longest time I was complaining to the Lord for giving me the cancer plus all these life issues that I think it should of ceased by now. I thought He was a little excessive in giving all of these and still continuing and pilling up further. When I thought my situation couldnt get any worst, it got more worst and more and more..... The lattest just two days ago I got the news that my oil furnaces shut off abiut a week ago and my house and pipes are frozen solid. Huge problem that is not easily solve.

So for the most part, I have stopped complaining and I accept the added heat that the Lord gives me. So my attitude has changed as theirs not much I can do besides seeking to learn what He's trying to teach me and enter in His will whatever He want s me to do. And hoping that this heat will eventually stop whenever He thinks it is enough. I know it will eventually stop and that this is only for a time period whatever length its suppose to be.

I know the Lord loves me and He won't give me one degree of heat unnecessarily. But this heat is still very hard and painful. My heart has been broken and it did affect our relationship. I know He will dry up all tears, but I think it will take some time. And yet the irony of all of this is that in my spirit I'm very grateful for all of this smile , yet my soulish mind is still sulking.
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/02/18 04:59 AM

Elle, if there is a positive aspect to your trials, it is that we get to hear more from you. I am grateful for you and your God filled heart.

I know that you have asked that we not focus our prayers on your healing.
Alas, your healing is the first and the last of all my prayers for you.
My dear Sister, please forgive me, but I find myself being a bit greedy when it comes to hearing from you. Whether, I agree with them or not, your words invariably come from a place of love. We would all be poorer for the lack of them.

Learn what lessons the Father has for you, shine what Light He kindles within, grow in His strength and His grace, and for the sake of your selfish brothers and sisters who love you:

Father, in the mighty name of Jesus, we beseech You, please heal our sister, Marie-Mai.

Amen!
Posted By: daylily

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/04/18 01:59 AM

Elle,
So sorry to hear this! Have you been to this web site? www.chrisbeatcancer.com. He has lots of good information that seems to be balanced. He isn't a Seventh-day Adventist but he should be! He has interviews with cancer survivors who didn't take the traditional chemo or radiation route and survived.
Posted By: kland

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/04/18 02:29 AM

Don't know if you've seen this on Youtube.
Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/05/18 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By: kland
Don't know if you've seen this on Youtube.
Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rBUGVkmmwbk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tx. I viewed the video and his website. Certainly something to look further into if I had the funds to get treated in Texas or if there's an affiliated clinic somewhere in Canada. But it looks very expensive.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/05/18 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: daylily
Elle,
So sorry to hear this! Have you been to this web site? www.chrisbeatcancer.com. He has lots of good information that seems to be balanced. He isn't a Seventh-day Adventist but he should be! He has interviews with cancer survivors who didn't take the traditional chemo or radiation route and survived.

Tx daylily. I had good results with juicing and eating anti-inflammatory foods or teas (essiac tea). The lumps in my breast decreased significantly and regain its normal look and function after only two months. But what was puzzling is that it had no effect on my canceric ulcers that was eating my flesh very rapidly on top of the skin. Plus the cancer had spread in my bones. I had to deal with the skin cancer ulcers that was extremely painful and deliberating me by draining my blood reserve that I became anemic. So that's when I got a mastectomy and a few months after these cancerous ulcers came back but 10 times more numerous spread on greather area going into my back. So I went tru radiation therapy to deal with that. I had to be away from home for all of these treatments and couldn't continue my juicing.

When I got back home, at that point the cancer that was already spread in my bones had already made a hole in my pelvis that i hardly could walk anymore and couldnt use my left arm because ofvthe damaged in my shoulder bones. So i couldnt walk, drive and became bed ridden. I couldn't live alone anymore and ended up living with my sister. I didn't want to make things complicated for them and went along with their diet trying to abstain from the dairy, the meat, and the gluten as much as I could.

After viewing your link, I wanted to get back to juicing and discussed it with them. So I need to get a smaller juicer then my clunky big heavy champion juicer as they are trying to sell their condo and their kitchen is small and needs to be kept very tidy at all times for viewing.

I'm glad that they agreed that I can get back to juicing and to my diet.
Posted By: daylily

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/06/18 02:02 AM

I'm glad they agreed too, Elle! I will be praying for you. It sounds like you've had a rough time of it. I know that Chris Wark took IV vitamin C therapy and other things that I don't remember.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/09/18 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Elle, if there is a positive aspect to your trials, it is that we get to hear more from you. I am grateful for you and your God filled heart.

I know that you have asked that we not focus our prayers on your healing.
Alas, your healing is the first and the last of all my prayers for you.
My dear Sister, please forgive me, but I find myself being a bit greedy when it comes to hearing from you. Whether, I agree with them or not, your words invariably come from a place of love. We would all be poorer for the lack of them.

Learn what lessons the Father has for you, shine what Light He kindles within, grow in His strength and His grace, and for the sake of your selfish brothers and sisters who love you:

Father, in the mighty name of Jesus, we beseech You, please heal our sister, Marie-Mai.

Amen!

I just re-read this. Tx you ProdigalOne for your selfish prayer smile At the first read I didn't know what to say. It took some time to digest and a second read to see that was quite brotherly of you.

That was very well expressed and I believe your selfishness could be seen as selflessness when it is express from the point of view of the body as a whole.

I believe no one is better than another. We all sinned and we all started by being a vessel of destruction. God just works on a few selected one first and transforms them into a vessel of glory (Rom 9). Theres three harvests in the law. No matter which harvest we end up...Without Gods keeping His vow to writes His laws on our heart table via the fiery works(baptism) of the Holy Spirit...no one, including the overcomes, would make it.

From the restoration of all things point of view...Sooner or later we will all be married to Christ and form His body. ...everyone life experience will be given some revelation of our Father that really doesnt belong to us but it belongs to the body. I believe it is together as a body that we will see our Father's face more clearly. Every contribution from the body are important. We are all equal having all a role to play in this great plan to subdue all things so that God can be once again all in all.

All to say...tx for your loving words and prayer of healing.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/15/18 07:27 PM

Elle, I believe the best hope is in the juicing raw food diet, no processed / packaged foods. If our bodies have the best materials for healing, the probabilities are stacked in our favor.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/20/18 10:45 PM

Elle, I believe the best hope is in the juicing raw food diet, no processed / packaged foods. If our bodies have the best materials for healing, the probabilities are stacked in our favor.

I do believe you are right.

But those with an aggressive invasive form a cancer, I believe they need something extra whether it be hi-dose of Vit C via IV, some form of immunotherapy, oncogene de-triggering and tumor-suppressor gene triggering, enzymes correction, or Mexico's 12 days multiple cancer extreme treatment, and I'm sure there's other ways that will help your lifestyle & diet change.

However all these alternative methods cost lots of money and many of us cancer people really don't have the funds for these nor have any revenu coming in. I am fortunate to be a resident of Canada having access to free health care, medication, and home care. That's why I believe that I personally need to resort to modern medicine's barbaric measures since I have lost much time (not did I have much time to start with) and found myself with a life threatening position in less than a year while refusing all standard procedures. The first being the ulcerative skin cancer. While this was happening, the breast cancer was also heavily spreading in my bones and liver causing a secondary and third life threatening situation.

I have read that some people with a HER-2 positive gene can die in less than 6 months after the first early detection. That's my point...not everyone has time under their sleeves to resort to lifestyle changes to reverse this fast moving cancer. It may slow it down or even regress the lumps under the breast, but as I seen in my own case that it did not heal the ulcerative skin cancer nor did it stop the spread of the cancer to my bone and liver. That's my take on this.

Also I just saw last weekend the head elder of my church whose mother in law just died of breast cancer last summer. Her cancer had spread into her bones also. I ask him "what did she do?" He said she juiced--no chemo, no radiation. I need to further interrogate to have move details but ,knowing her a little, I assumed she juiced for the whole length of time she was fighting her cancer in the 5 years span before she died summer 2017. She had come to visit me twice at my farm as we have much in common and I know she is a sincere devoted Adventist that followed our health reform. So bless her little heart.. at the end she died despite all that effort. My speculation is that she probably had a fast aggressive invasive cancer similar to mine, and probably the juicing gave her more time. I wished I could of talked to her before she passed to get a first hand witness of what she went thru. Maybe she has something written down. I will ask as I think this is valuable and precious information that belongs to all of us.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/20/18 11:51 PM

I have great news! yay

I almost back away from going to my targeting anti-HER-2 treatment and chemo therapy last Thursday. Basically they are giving me two target treatment which is an antibody injection of anti-Her-2(Pertuzumak aka Perjeta) and anti-Her-1 (Trastuzumab aka Herceptin). Both of these medication has minor side-effect and only target the cancer cells receptors by blocking the normal Her-2 growth factor message to multiply itself crazily. But the hospital policy won't administer these targetting medicine without a certain chemo therapy alongside with it.

My oncologist agreed that I would only have 3 rounds of Docetaxel which is one of the harshest chemo there is but works well with these anti-her-2 medicine. So I'm glad he is compromising also and meeting me half way.

So the plan was that on the first treatment was to give all 3 medicines seperatly with an observation timeframe of 1 hours afterwards to make sure my body didn't react to any of these medication. So Thursday I was going in for only the Pertuzumab -- Anti-HER-2. The freshly made medicine only arrived 2 hrs I was there. By then I started to become restless with all the stress of my bones pains that I am constantly under. With the additional factor I was in a room with 10+ more patients receiving chemo with all the staff, and receiving my first dose of target therapy, so my restlessness flared higher than usual. So I was under a pain crisis where my heart rate, pulse and respiration went hi with all the legs jiggling I was doing trying to release that restless sharp leg pain under my knees. The staff thought that potentially I was having a reaction to the Pertuzumab. I was trying to assure them that it was not from the Pertuzumab and it was a heighten form of my typical restlessness disease that usually hits me all night but has been getting worst in the past months preventing me to sleep. Lately, I was averaging of 2 hours of sleep per day which is not good at all for someone sick as myself plus going on some heavy treatments. I've been heavily sleep deprived for over a year but before I would average to about 4 to 5 hours of sleep. It's only been 3 months that my sleep time has decreased heavily with an increase of restlessness.

The first subject the nurses address to tackle this problem is the fact that I wasn't on any pain killers. They gave me some hydro-morphone that I have tried twice for over a few months time. Really it did nothing for me to decrease the pain level. The first time was when I was battling against the ulcerative cancer on my skin for a couple of months. The second time was when I was doing radiation therapy for 1.25 months as I needed to over-extend my arm that they pulled all the lymph nodes out when they did the mastectomy. I had not yet regain all of my mobility when I went to radiation therapy three months after the surgery. So they had to strap down my arm like 4 inches beyond my reach of motion and hold it there for at least 30 minutes. That cause me lots of pain and they told me to get back on the hydro-morphone plus taking some extra ones just before the treatment.

From these two past experiences, hydro-morphone did not reduce my pain in my arm or all my bones-joints pains that I was already suffering then. Anyway, they still gave me an injectional form of hydro-morphone and some benadryle in case I had an alergic reaction to the pertuzumab and some lorazepam that is suppose to take away the restless leg symptom. Within 1 hr I had calm right down. My spinal pain, back pain, abominal muscle pain, my front cranial pain, my left shoulder join pain, my right hip pain and knee pain....all went down very significantly -- from a 10 to a 3. I even slept for the rest of the treatment. Arriving home, I had two visitors that came back to back...and I couldn't wait to hit the bed which I did at 6:30 and slept right thru 11pm. Then slept from midnight to 7am.

I went to my Friday morning Herceptin and chemo (docetaxel) treatment given separately with observation time by which I had absolutely no reaction or even noticed any side effect yet. I told the chemo nursing team that I had slept like a baby yesterday and the pain level is still at a level 3 this morning. They gave the credit to the hydro-morphone. I said I really doubt very much that it had anything or little to do with it. That I moreso believe that one of them have the gift of healing. They all laughed and some said that if it would be one of them it would be Cassandra. Cassandra was next to me most of the time and rubbed my back several times while in my pain crisis. You never know, maybe she was praying inside her heart while attending to me.

Also, I don't want to attribute this incident to only Cassandra's prayer or potentially her healing gift as I do know that the Lord does give the healing gift to some of his body members. But all your prayers : my local churches, everyone at this forum, the nice ProdigalSon expressed selfish-selfless prayer, and all others that I know that is praying for me in my family and my circle of friends has contributed to this also.

Today on day 3, my pain level is still down to a 3; however last night my restlessness came on again. I took some of that Lorazepam and slept again like a baby all night. We will see how this will pan out on the long run. I'm very encouraged.

So I want to thank you all for your support and prayers.

Warm Blessings to all of you.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/25/18 06:22 AM

Here is an inexpensive drink that may help:

A DRINK WHICH KILLS CANCER CELLS

The author of this concoction says this remedy works and is very simple to make and drink.

Directions are as follows:

#1 - Juice together one medium beet, one medium carrot, one apple.
#2 - Pour the above combination into a blender and add one clove of garlic, one half tablespoon of tumeric powder.
#3 - Two tablespoons of organic honey.
#4 - One piece of fresh ginger, washed with skin on, cut up small.
#5 - One tablespoon of lemon or lime juice.

Blend altogether and drink immediately.

Some folk take this mixture once per week. Others with more severe cancer take it daily.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/25/18 08:11 PM

Not sure how important the honey is to the cure, but lot's of luck finding "organic" honey.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 01/26/18 02:23 AM

Organic honey is plentiful here in Atlantic Canada at the Atlantic Superstore.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 02/01/18 08:14 PM

How do the keep the bees from going to the GMO canola? Or elsewhere?
Posted By: dedication

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 02/02/18 11:20 PM

It sounds like a powerful drink.
Beet and carrot juice, garlic, turmeric, ginger, lemon all help.
However, if one has cancer, they have to drink that stuff in huge quantities if they want to "kill" the cancer.

Actually all the ingredients are best from organic sources, not just the honey.

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 02/10/18 12:07 AM

Could someone tell me how honey is certified as organic?

Re: Seeking a Balanced Approach to treat cancer depending on your type of cancer and your financial mean - 02/10/18 12:52 PM

Could someone tell me how honey is certified as organic?

I do agree with kland point and would add to it the fact that all the bees strains in all the world are heavily genetically diseased. Interestingly for Canadians, the Newfoundland bees has been preserved from this and are considered the only CLEAN bees in the world.

As far as my understanding about being certified organic; it all depends on the by-laws of the organizations that certifies you. Many are extremely slack almost allowing anyone despite of their unsound agrcultural practices to use the association organic stamp on their products as long they pay the org. association fees.

In regards to honey, anyone who considered going into raising bees know that all bees are heavily infested with many diseases that is control by regularly spraying the colony with anti-biotics, antisectiside to control the mites, and whatever else. Even with strick organic practices you cannot get away from these diseases. The only way is to buy clean bees from Newfoundland that because of their unique geographical isolation their bees did not suffer the diseases other nations has.

It just so happened that thru my work with an local artisan coop- store that I occasionally help in their retail shop...I met on three occasions the NFLD economist consultant and project manager who works for the bee industry in NFLD and is also a professor at their university. Anyway from asking multiple questions what I got from her is there are a few beekeepers that do sell real organic honey; but most are mainly interested in selling queen bees. That's were the focus's of their effort will be stear towards.

So yes i agree with kland that real organic honey is rare and hard to find.

Anyway in terms of what is a better sugar even tho it would be organic....I don't think honey fairs well. I think Maple syrup fairs much better if you can find some that is lead free. I make my own Maple syrup that is lead free because I purchase an evaporator that the solder used is lead free. In 1994 they past a law to prohibit any further fabrication of Maple syrup equipment using solder with lead. However theirs no law that prohibits producers to use their old equipment with lead. So most Maple syrup on the market have lead content beyond the allowable max.

Then still using Maple syrup free from lead is still not the most ideal sugar and it should be used very sparingly on special occasions for guest or family.

I used to use brown rice syrup as a sweetner in my cooking until I found out that it is high in arsenic. Especially if you have a gluten free diet where your grain consumption is mainly rice and rice flour, then your arsenic level gets higher.

The best alternative sugar I have found is coconut sugar, raisins and dates.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church