What Is The Difference Between "The Mighty God" & "The Almighty God"?

Posted By: Daryl

What Is The Difference Between "The Mighty God" & "The Almighty God"? - 01/12/03 08:03 PM

From these texts and more, what is the difference between the Almighty God and the Mighty God? Is there any difference?

quote:

Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Genesis 49:24
But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)

Genesis 49:25
Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

Deuteronomy 7:21
Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the LORD thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible.

Psalms 50:1
A Psalm of Asaph. The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I ask this as there are those out there who actually believe that there is a difference, therefore, how do you answer those who believe differently?
Posted By: Daryl

Re: What Is The Difference Between "The Mighty God" & "The Almighty God"? - 02/26/03 12:27 AM

Doesn't anybody have a Bible answer for this question?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church