What does God do with our Sins...?

Posted By: Rick H

What does God do with our Sins...? - 02/25/12 02:24 PM

We know what happens when we bring them before the Lord and confess our sins....

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psalm 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Isaiah 43:25
I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

and from SOP:
'Whatever the character of your sin, confess it. If it is against God only, confess only to Him. If you have wronged or offended others, confess also to them, and the blessing of the Lord will rest upon you. In this way you die to self, and Christ is formed within. . . .' {TMK 239.3}

'When, under the temptations of Satan, men fall into error, and their words and deportment are not Christlike, they may not realize their condition, because sin is deceptive and tends to deaden the moral perceptions. But through self-examination, searching of the Scriptures, and humble prayer, they will, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, be enabled to see their mistake. If they then confess their sins and turn from them, the tempter will not appear to them as an angel of light, but as a deceiver. . . .' {TMK 239.4}

But if we have sins of ommission or unknown sin, or if we backslide into sin what happens?
Posted By: Colin

Re: What does God do with our Sins...? - 02/26/12 08:31 AM

Backsliding requires restarting, that's all - tho' that be radical. grin

Unknown sins calls for hungering and thirsting after righteousness till you are filled: the Holy Spirit reveals unknown sins to each of us only when Jesus knows we are spiritually mature enough to be ready to face such 'bad news'. It's not bad, though, but a righteous break through with Jesus - we'd be ready to let it go, even if only with prayer and fasting. smile
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: What does God do with our Sins...? - 02/28/12 07:45 PM

What qualifies as an unknown sin, that is, sins the Holy Spirit waits to reveal until the born-again believer is ready to live without them?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church