Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 11/09/02 06:47 AM

My son and I just finished watching an online video presentation on music by former rock musician Brian Neumann (best known in Europe and South Arfica) at the Adventist website Amazing Discoveries. It is actually an 80 minute version of a 6 video series on music. The videos are titled:
  • The Language of music (An in-depth study of music as a language)
  • The Primitive Heart (An intriguing and revealing journey into the ancient history of music from its earliest times until our present day. Practical demonstrations and amazing inside evidence revealing in unequivocal terms the nature and influence of certain commonly accepted modes of music.)
  • The Mind of the Machine (Live footage, personal interviews and latest information concerning the popular music scene. All major contemporary styles of music will be discussed and analyzed.)
  • Moving the Masses (A rare trip into the heart and philosophy of the contemporary Christian Music scene. Incredible footage and music examples.)
  • Words to the Wise (A study into the Bible and music. Taking a look at some hard to understand texts in the Bible. Learning from the experience of the children of Israel and getting a grasp on what God expects from us in our music, praise and worship to Him.)
  • A Change Of Mind (The most critical seminar in the series giving the tools with which to choose good music. Gives an academic and spiritual methodology for determining acceptable and not acceptable music for Christian consumption.)
  • A Personal Testimony (Brian Neumann spent more than 16 years in the Rock-Pop industry as a professional musician. Hear his testimony of how God brought him from rebellion back to Jesus Christ.)
The website also says of Brian Neumann:
quote:

He worked as a vocalist, guitarist, composer, performer and session musician in Europe as well as in Africa. Since his return to Jesus, Brian has done extensive research into the language of music, its effects on the human psyche and the spiritual, mental, and physical implications attached to choosing the right or wrong kind of music. Brian has lectured extensively on this topic in counties such as Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Poland, Canada, USA, Botswana, Iceland, Namibia and South Africa.
Scientific as well as Biblically-based presentation is also available on video, and is an excellent source of information for the whole family.

Neumann touches on all aspects of music. It had to be interesting to keep us watching online for over an hour.

Note that at the very beginning of the series has footage and music from his days as a rock musician, but he is also talking over the music. There are also transcripts of the online video on the website.

This is definitely worth the time to watch and hear. Those with high speed access will get better reception. If you can't get good reception because of a dial-up modem, by all means read the transcripts. The links for them are at the top of the page.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 11/09/02 03:36 PM

[Thank You] Thank you, Linda, for posting this information. [Thank You] [Smile]

I met Brian Neumann personally at our campmeeting a few years ago. He spent a whole week of campmeeting with us on this very subject. He was extra busy as he did a presentation all week with the youth as well as with the adults. We also noticed some of the youth sitting in on the adult meetings. I also video-taped those presentations for the adults. I also have a copy of his own music, after his conversion of course. [Smile]

I think it would be worth our while to listen and/or read his material on the site you provided and discuss it here. When I get a chance, I plan on doing this myself.
Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 05/10/03 11:07 PM

I have just found Brian Neuman's book, The Language of Music online at TAGnet. This is the entire book manuscript, not the book for sale.

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 05/11/03 02:24 AM

Thank you for the link, Linda. [Thank You]

From the little bit that I already read it looks like it is going to be heavy reading.
Posted By: Greg Goodchild

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 05/13/03 07:48 AM

Neuman works with Dr. Walter Veith at amazingdiscoveries.org and his tapes are worth watching as well. I have them and have been using them for an in home evangelistic series. Very helpful.
Posted By: marcel

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 05/13/03 01:15 PM

I was at school with Brian (Helderberg College High School)although not in the same grade. He is a bit younger than me.

Brian is a very pleasant chap. He is a very talented musician and artist. His special items during Sabbath School were always a treat.

He preached at my congregation a while back and I then realised that he was an excellent preacher as well!

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 07/27/10 03:27 AM

Brian Neumann can be seen giving his presentations on the recently new Amazing Discoveries Channel, which uses the same satellite frequency, etc. as 3ABN, the Hope Channel, etc.
Posted By: Maggie

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 03/28/11 02:06 AM

From Facebook today:
Amazing Discoveries Brian Neumann is no longer associated with the Amazing Discoveries ministry and has stepped down as speaker and director. This sad decision was made in light of certain choices Brian has made in his personal life that we cannot condone. As a result, we have made the difficult decision to no longer sell his material in our store or air his material on the satellite channel. We are also not accepting any bookings for Brian, and cannot forward any requests to him at this time. We ask for your continued prayers for Brian and his family.

I just started watching Amazing Discoveries a few months ago...can't put a face with the name.
Maggie

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 03/29/11 02:32 AM

This is very sad news. frown

He was a speaker at our Maritime Campmeeting several years ago.

I wonder what happened?
Posted By: Dora

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 04/01/11 05:51 AM

Really sorry to hear that re Brian Neumann. I have listened to a lot of his material, and it is very good. I have some of this series downloaded to CDs, and have shared them with others. Yes, I wonder what happened. We must pray for him...some of the brightest lights will go out..I pray to be faithful..
Posted By: D R

Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series - 05/06/11 07:42 AM

The ollowing can be found from

http://www.bibelschule.info/streaming/Brian-S.-Neumann---Leadership-in-Praise-and-Worship_23974.pdf

"1. Worship, in the contemporary, “user-friendly” environment, has become more about
pleasing man than God; thus, we have lost the prime focus of worship.
2. Because of the desire to “please ourselves” we have no desire any more to correctly
interpret the Scriptures on the topic of worship (a small collection of assorted texts
that refer to drums, dancing, clapping, and the raising of hands has become the basis
for our doctrine/teaching on this issue).
3. Many have developed a remarkable aversion to the Bible’s and Ellen White’s many
clear, unambiguous statements on what God expects from us in the worship we bring
to Him.
4. In a desperate attempt to attract and retain their unconverted youth and the
“unchurched,” some in church leadership (from the loftiest positions down to the lay
worship leader) have dared to receive instruction from the “broken cisterns” of Egypt.
As a result of the above factors, an increasing number of leaders are adopting all kinds
of questionable practices in their worship and evangelistic services, creating much confusion,"

Wow this is a mess, we are to worship in a quiet and timid way?
quite a bit of assuming and blanket statementing...
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church