TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine

Posted By: Daryl

TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 09/21/06 12:45 AM

TRO was hacked two weeks ago today and are still offline.

Does anybody here know the latest on this?
Posted By: Redfog

Re: TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 09/21/06 05:32 AM

I've been wondering about that myself. You can still access their website, just not any forums.

Redfog

Re: TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 09/22/06 02:18 AM

I got a email from Richard at TRO and he stated that their forums will be up and running when he is sure they can't be hacked again. Daryl since you've been through this maybe you could offer him some insights?

Redfog

Re: TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 09/22/06 02:47 AM

TRO has been using old outdated software, therefore, until he upgrades to the latest more secure software, there isn't anything any of us can do.

Re: TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 09/30/06 02:55 AM

Over three weeks have gone by and TRO is still offline.

Re: TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 09/30/06 04:30 PM

My guess is that TRO might not come back. It seemed to be having less and less posts as time went on. I admired it at times for being as conservative as it was, but at the same time it also seemed to me that it's conservative stance was a limiting factor in maintaining active members or in it's growth.

Redfog
Posted By: liane

Re: TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 10/01/06 10:23 PM

The last I have received of information has been that Brother Richard has gotten new software for The Remnant Online.

How long I do not know before we are back online is not yet known, so please pray that the Lord will bless us when we return and that our fellowship with those that care about The Remant Online will know that there is but a short time before the Lord comes.

As I view all that is going on in my own personal life and those around me I see trials, one after another and yet we all are holding our faith and trusting in Him to take care of all that we love and care for.

Re: TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 10/01/06 11:05 PM

I do not wish to see the demise of any forum, particularly TRO, even though........
Posted By: liane

Re: TRO (The Remnant OnLine) Forum Hacked Two Weeks Ago And Are Still OffLine - 10/07/06 03:09 AM

Hi Brother Daryl:

There will be no demise, just a matter of time. Brother Richard wants to be sure that we can do this better all around so that we can protect as much as possible.

I have not idea when, but I have been told it is going to come back. The moderators are contacting each other through e-mail so that we stay close and keep up the fellowship.

This has indeed been a trial for all of us, but we know that God is in control and whatever is to happen is according to His will and desires.

Over the years I received many blessings of fellowship and knowledge from The Remnant Online and expect to do so in the future.

Please do keep us in your prayers.

Will keep you posted as we learn and get set up.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church