The PARL Academy 2007

Posted By: Daryl

The PARL Academy 2007 - 11/27/06 12:53 AM

This academy is designed for Seventh-day Adventists to dig deep into their own faith perspective and be able to give an answer; "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you." (I Peter 3:15) It is not just an average church seminar – we are interested in applicants who are not only serious Bible students but individuals who want to do something about their faith in society at large.

There is an increasing need of individuals who have not only the knowledge, but the skill to be able to use their knowledge to address the public in a meaningful way. Our program covers three and one half days of intense study and rigorous discussion of the issues that are facing Public Affairs and Religious Liberty in the Church and in society at large.

We expect that less than 30 registrants will be accepted in total, so register as soon as possible. Those who graduate will not be the same.

Go to the following website for more information:

http://legal.sdacc.org/parlacademy/index.php?framesrc=http%3A//legal.sdacc.org/parlacademy/main.php
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: The PARL Academy 2007 - 11/27/06 01:26 AM

If we had a witness about what God has done for us, personally, in our daily lives. Then we wouldnt need to attend an academy to learn what to say.

Re: The PARL Academy 2007 - 11/27/06 02:03 AM

It is my understanding that the PARL Academy deals with religious freedom issues and in how to respond to them.

Lawyers and law students would be particularly interested in this type of event.

Re: The PARL Academy 2007 - 11/27/06 02:20 AM

It says there that the following may participate:

Quote:

Who May Participate?
University, college and seminary students; pastors; laity; lawyers; church elders; religious liberty leaders. ONLY up to 30 registrants will be accepted in total for the June 2007 session, so register as soon as possible!
Posted By: Pete P Pete

Re: The PARL Academy 2007 - 12/02/06 05:56 AM

I'm personally very interested in religious liberty and separation of church and state. It seems that I only occasionally read about these subjects in church magazines and seldom hear anything relating to them in church itself.

Have people become complaisant or is PARL not generally energetically promoting the program? Or are there other reasons?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church