Hurricane Irma CAT 5 force...

Posted By: Rick H

Hurricane Irma CAT 5 force... - 09/09/17 04:25 PM

Well, looks like Hurricane Irma is going to come and make our Sabbath a bit harder to congregate. But it wont stop us from worship or praising God for all His blessings and care. We are hunkering down and it looks like its going to hit everything in Florida, and the eye is literally going right down the middle of our town. Say a prayer for us down here, as the winds are already picking up, and we will be cut off for the duration....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/08/us/hurricane-irma-caribbean-florida/index.html
Posted By: dedication

Re: Hurricane Irma CAT 5 force... - 09/10/17 10:02 PM

Praying for you and others in Florida, trust you are safe.

The Lord’s our Rock, in Him we hide,
A Shelter in the time of storm;
Secure whatever ill betide,
A Shelter in the time of storm.

The raging floods may round us beat,
A Shelter in the time of storm
We find in God a safe retreat,
A Shelter in the time of storm.

In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is shifting sand.

Re: Hurricane Irma CAT 5 force... - 10/06/17 06:43 AM

Have not heard from Rick since that last post stating hurricane Irma's eye was coming right down the middle of his town. I pray that he and his family and the church members that bravely gathered to praise the Lord the Sabbath just before the storm hit, are all O.K!
Posted By: Rick H

Re: Hurricane Irma CAT 5 force... - 10/25/17 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: dedication
Have not heard from Rick since that last post stating hurricane Irma's eye was coming right down the middle of his town. I pray that he and his family and the church members that bravely gathered to praise the Lord the Sabbath just before the storm hit, are all O.K!

The town was like a ghost town. I went through it in my home, God put His hand of protection over the church members and me is all I can say. The eye was close to my front door, blew the shingles right off the top off my roof, and took my trees down, some fell on my roof and the water came in, and it knocked out the cell towers, internet, phones, electricity, water and blocked the roads and flooded the streets with 1-4 feet of water. Slowly they have brought it back, but my connection to the internet is still not fully restored, so will post more later.

Re: Hurricane Irma CAT 5 force... - 10/29/17 04:13 AM

So thankful you are all safe and God protected you from danger. However, it appears you all suffered considerable damage to your homes and property.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church