How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week?

Posted By: Daryl

How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week? - 10/20/03 03:41 AM

Lisa suggested that we share how we prepare for the Sabbath each week, therefore, please use this topic for that purpose. [Smile]

How do you personally prepare for the Sabbath each week?

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week? - 11/27/03 11:50 PM

Doesn't anybody want to respond to this topic?
Posted By: Will

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week? - 11/28/03 12:13 AM

I make sure all personal business is taken care of before the Sabbath.

God Bless,
Will
Posted By: John H.

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week? - 11/28/03 06:41 AM

What Will said; also I try to make sure I have food to eat that won't require much preparation. Something I can just open and eat, or heat briefly. (Of course, being a bachelor, that describes a lot of what I eat anyway ;-)

Studying the sabbath school lessons ahead of time.

Praying to the Lord and asking what He would have me contemplate/think about/deal with this week during His time.

Making sure there's enough gasoline in the truck for any 'ox-in-the-pit' emergency, so as to avoid having to buy gas on the sabbath.

[edit - spelling]

[ November 28, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: John ]
Posted By: R.A.

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week? - 11/28/03 05:58 PM

Sabbath is a precious treasure that I long for each week. On Friday the anticipation builds and as that moment of sunset arrives I say a prayer that God will cleanse my mind from everything that is not worshipping Him. I pray that He will put a hedge around me to protect me from the evil one during these sacred hours ahead. I ask that my mind be "quickened", that I may be enabled to hear the sweet voice of the Comforter whispering "this is the way walk ye in it." The hours of sunset on Sabbath evening come all too quickly. It is over too soon. But then there is next Sabbath to look forward to.

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week? - 11/29/03 12:09 AM

Amen, R.A., and welcome to Maritime SDA OnLine! [Smile]
Posted By: bethybug

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week? - 04/20/06 02:04 AM

I LOVE this subject! I start Sunday to prepare for Sabbath. I don't always get EVERYTHING done during the week but I prioritize with my goal to be "ready for Sabbath". For instance I will figure out the menu for Sabbath early in the week so I can get all the ingredients ahead of time. I fix our clothes by Monday or Tuesday so I don't have to worry at the last minute. I try to do divide up the big cleaning things during the week to prevent being exhausted Friday. I try to find at least one really interesting discussion question for SS during the week and research it to the inth! I leave Friday for straightening up things only...so we can relax into Sabbath. Whatever does not get done I will not do at the last minute....it will be there next week and I am going to guard the edges of the Sabbath. I do try to plan activities for Sabbath for the family so we don't nap the whole afternoon. Sabbath is fun!!

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Sabbath Each Week? - 05/04/06 04:36 AM

I just noticed your post.

What a wonderful way to spend the week preparing for each Sabbath.

How many others do something similar, and how?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church