The Unkown Truth About Petecost

Posted By: Avalee

The Unkown Truth About Petecost - 07/03/05 02:40 AM

For those of you who do not get the Adventist Affirm I have uploaded an article written by Samuel Koranteng-Pipim, PhD. You can get it from this link:
The Unknown Truth About Pentecost

I emailed the author and he was kind enough to give me permission to put this online for you to read. He also would like others to go to the Adventist Affirm and find out what a blessing you will receive from this publication.
Posted By: Jan

Re: The Unkown Truth About Petecost - 07/03/05 03:05 AM

That publication is a great blessing. Highly recommend it.

Re: The Unkown Truth About Petecost - 07/03/05 03:21 AM

If I am not mistaken if you start a subscription at this time you will also receive Samuel Koranteng-Pipim's book Here We Stand.

HERE WE STAND
Evaluating New Trends in the Church
Samuel Koranteng-Pipim, Editor
Posted By: razorren

Re: The Unkown Truth About Petecost - 07/06/05 06:25 AM

Thanks Avalee.

I have not read the article yet, but the site is excellent and has great material.

I am reading another article on the site by Pastor Ofill entitled: The Fruit of the Spirit: A Must or an Option?

Ren
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: The Unkown Truth About Petecost - 07/06/05 02:33 PM

He makes an interesting study here, one worthy of consideration. If he had stuck to his point and resisted the temptation at cheap scores against "gospel xy etc" it would have been recomendable. However now I would only suggest those that already believe as Samuel K-P to read it. If your intended audience is people who are already converted it would be a rethorical trick to ridicule "them" to create a sence of group belonging. If your audience is anyone who would listen, then the examples ought to be chosen a bit more carefully.
Othervise, once you get past the 2-3 first pages its a good article...

/Thomas

Re: The Unkown Truth About Petecost - 07/07/05 12:12 AM

Thanks Thomas for your input. We do all have our opinions. Praise God for the freedom we have to be able to have those.
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: The Unkown Truth About Petecost - 07/07/05 11:07 PM

quote:
In other words, the sermon that brought about a revival and 3,000 baptisms on the Day of Pentecost was essentially a Bible study. The revival on the Day of Pentecost was not the result of a Christian rock concert disguised as "praise worship," praise dancing, or some other form of gospel gimmick with its associated gospel entertainment, gospel of power, gospel drama,
quote:
He chose not only to record the events in His Word, but also to institute festivals that would appeal to the senses of every person in every generation. Leviticus 23 is therefore a special kind of dramatized prophecy.
quote:
gospel clowning, gospel magic, etc. Peter did not waste the time of his audience, telling them jokes and stories, or recycling the popular opinions of the day. Instead, he gave the people a Bible study! His was a Bible-based message.
Posted By: Will

Re: The Unkown Truth About Petecost - 07/08/05 12:29 AM

Thats how people are going to learn about Christ is in the Bible.
God Bless,
Will
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church