Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site?

Posted By: Daryl

Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/20/02 05:34 AM

Does your local SDA Church have a web site? If so, please place the name of your local SDA church and the link to its web site here.
Posted By: Tom Wetmore

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/20/02 04:36 PM

Happy to do it!

http://www.spencervillesda.org/ -- Spencerville SDA Church in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Tom
Posted By: Larry Kirkpatrick

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/20/02 06:27 PM

Here's ours. We have audio from sermons online, text for sermons online, pictures from various church events, etcetera. If you are ever in the Loma Linda area for Sabbath, stop in and worship with us at the Mentone SDA Church. MentoneSDA.org.
Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/20/02 06:42 PM

Henderson Highway, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
http://www.hendersonhwysda.org/

Glad to share! If any of you are ever in Winnipeg, we are the largest church and very friendly! We would love to have you visit - just make sure you look for me (or let me know when you are coming and I can look for you)! [Smile]

We have two pastors, a head pastor and a youth pastor and our church is made up of three congregations, English, Korean and Spanish. The Korean church is the fastest growing and is looking to form their own company sometime soon.

We host a Pathfinder and Adventurer Club which meet on Wednesday evening, weekly Wednesday night Bible study, once a month Friday night Vittles and Vespers, AY programs on every second Sabbath, an adult choir, a (currently very small) youth choir and other programs.

Once a year we put on Christmas by Candlelight, a concert by local musicians on Christmas eve and the drama "His Last Days" on good Friday. This year the Pathfinders will be joining the Christmas concert by performing a cantata entitled "Hark, the Herald Angel".

We generally host an evangelistic event once a year, this year we hosted a youth weekend as well as Revelation Speaks Peace, which was translated by one of the Korean elders for our Korean members and guests. Next year we will be hosting a Spanish crusade.

Well, that's all I can think of right now! [Smile]

[ July 21, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Mrs Sarah Moss ]
Posted By: David Qualls

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/21/02 07:41 AM

http://www.tulsasda.org/ Tulsa, Oklahoma Seventh-day Adventist Church. Please join us if you are ever in Tulsa. Our website doesn't have much content at present; improvements coming shortly!
Posted By: Avalee

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/21/02 07:55 AM

Here is mine:

Sacramento Central Seventh-Day Adventist Church

http://www.saccentral.org/

You will find a link on the home page also to the Amazing Facts website. There is also a link to hear Doug Batchelor's story, "The Richest Caveman"

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/20/02 10:07 PM

I suppose I should also place the one on here for the Fredericton SDA Church which I need to update. [Smile]

http://www.tagnet.org/fton-sda
Posted By: Ron Henderson

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/22/02 10:42 PM

Hello there!

Saint John and Barnesville churches can be found on TAGnet.org under churches in Canada. The web page that I use is:

www.silverliningministry.com

Have fun viewing the articles and Bible studies.
Ron Henderson. [URL=http://www.silverliningministry.com] The Silver Lining; ronhende@nb.sympatico.ca
quote:

SOLA VIRTUS NOBILITAT.

[ November 22, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Ron Henderson ]
Posted By: Andrew Marttinen

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/22/02 11:00 PM

Both my churches used to have websites. The son of the previous pastor set them up. In those days, TAGNET let churches use their space for free so he just "played around" with the technology.

Now that they (TAGNET) charge 30 dollars American a year and all I seemed to get out of those sites were requests for $$$ from European students I let the contracts run out.

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/22/02 11:18 PM

Are you aware that your own Internet provider gives you free Internet space? Check it out as you could place it there.
Posted By: Andrea

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/24/02 04:09 AM

Meadowvale Seventh Day Adventist Church

Posted By: marcel

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/24/02 02:44 PM

Good day,

I'm Marcel de Groot of the Parow congregation. Like most South African congregation we are fairly small. The church is in a middle class neighbourhood of a town named after a German ship's captain that has existed since the late 19th century.

The church itself has been in use since 1967 and I attended it until 1976 when I went to Helderberg College. Two other congregations were formed by Parow members and other SDA's, both having grown to a bigger membership than Parow. They are the Tygerberg and Bracknefell (of which I was a founder member) congregations. After a number of years I returned to Parow in early 1999.

We are a friendly, relaxed congregation with a fairly even spread of age groups. The oldest member is a 92 year old lady who is still very active. The main language is Afrikaans and most members are white although there are a number of coloured members. We don't have any black members due to language differences.

We have a satelite dish (as do many of the South African churches)which is handy to keep us connected with the worldwide SDA communication network. There is no website up and running yet but there is talk about getting it going. I'll be sure to suggest that it be made available in English as well.

Although our church building is quite a modern design, it has a slightly shabby appearance as it needs some maintenance. Funds are always a problem as I suppose is the case in most countries.

I will post a web site address as soon as one is available.

Christian regards.

Marcel

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 11/24/02 04:39 PM

Welcome, Marcel, to Maritime SDA OnLine! [Smile]

Also, thank you for telling us about your local church. We look forward to your church eventually having a web site of its own.

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 07/13/03 11:19 PM

Does your church have a web site?
If yes, please post the link to your church here.
If no, then please tell us something about your church.

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 07/19/03 04:01 PM

Daryl here is the link to the church I attend..however....I must admtit whoever it is that keeps it up-to-date on the "Events" page does not do it all the time. Like today it is not correct at all..still in June.

Sacramento Seventh-day Adventist Church

I think that maybe the following two links are more active of the work of Sacramneto Church.

Bible Universe

Amazing Facts
Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 07/21/03 07:53 PM

Hi! Just had to update our churches web page as it went through a transition this past year. Make sure you give us a visit! [Smile]
Posted By: D R

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 12/13/03 07:25 AM

Hi there friends!

I am an active member of the Moncton, New Brunswick SDA Church. Our web site is www.7thday.net
We have had a Seventh day Adventist church in Moncton since 1892, where we met at the "Free Meeting House" (the actual building is a living museum today!) We hold a Sabbath meeting there on Heritage Sabbath every few years. (hopefully each year) The Moncton Heritage society donated the actual pulpit that was used in the Free Meeting house from 1892 and it is now on display at the back of our Salisbury Road church. Some Sabbaths we use it as the main pulpit.

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 12/13/03 05:10 PM

Hi Daniel,

Went to your church page and listened to a sermon...I heard you were on the nomitnating committee. That is always fun.

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 12/14/03 01:48 AM

Yes, I have been on the Nominating Committee of our church. It was one of the more interesting ones that I have been on.
Posted By: Davros

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 01/29/05 01:14 PM

Zanesville Seventh-day Adventist Church

http://www.zanesvillesda.org

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 01/29/05 02:59 PM

Dave your church has a very nice web page.

I noticed on the page with sermons you can download an Elder Lee Hoover and also a Dave Hoover. I assume you are the Dave Hoover. I am looking forward to downloading a sermon when I have the time.
Posted By: Davros

Re: Does Your SDA Church Have A Web Site? - 01/30/05 06:37 AM

Yes, I'm Dave [Big Grin] and Lee is my brother
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church