A new Pizza Recipe:

Posted By: Edward F Sutton

A new Pizza Recipe: - 12/02/01 12:36 PM

Please post your pizza recipes here. They can be whatever style pizza you want. If they include dairy cheese, folks can simply adapt the recipe as they wish it after copying & printing to a file or whatever.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Posted By: Edward F Sutton

Re: A new Pizza Recipe: - 12/02/01 01:00 PM

Pizza crusts - store bought or homemade .
Pizza sauce - " " " "
I used store bought then added extra Basil, Oregano, (Garlic, Onion powder), sea salt onto the crust before the sauce.

I cut up extra firm tofu into aprox 1-1/2 inch blocks. (one pound carton of WhiteWave brand, never used before & am impressed}.

I skillet fried tofu dark brown useing olive oil, plenty of (Kitchen Collection)Brand chicken rub seasoning liberally & sea salt to taste. I started it on medium heat & did not turn the tofu {after the initial mixing as the skillet warmed to mix the oil, salt, seasonings all over the tofu chunks).

I did not turn the tofu till one side was fairly dark brown. It tears up the tofu and does not carmelize it otherwise. Then turned-stirred- with a spoon just to jumble it up and medium - to dark brown most of the other sides of the chunks.

Once done, that was set aside.

a couple of bunches of green oinions were cut up & some homegrown frozen green bell pepper diced up & fried on high heat rapidly to partially cook, radically thaw & dehydrate; and I found by serindipity(happy accident) to be sweetened in the process & flavor improved.

I used what I had, more stuff on hand more stuff on pizza.

Rinse dishes & utensils - etc - while bakeing pizza. Pour juice.

Assemble extra seasonings then sauce on crusts, toppings & stuff on sauce, bake till crust browned as you like it, serve hot-warm. PRN. Say Grace, chew frantically, Rub tummy, grin a lot.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F Sutton (edited December 02, 2001).]

Posted By: Wendy F

Re: A new Pizza Recipe: - 12/11/01 09:24 AM

Hi Ed!

"and I found by serindipity(happy accident) to be sweetened in the process & flavor improved."

Called dextrinizing it. I learned that from Agatha Thrash. Love it. Improves nutrition as well.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Wendy Forsyth ]

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church