If I Could!

Posted By: liane

If I Could! - 10/22/07 08:25 PM

It is very hard to admit when one has been wrong or is doing wrong, yet this is a truth I needed to speak of.

If I could go back and encourage people to make the changes in their eating lifestyle more pointedly I would have done so.

Sad to say though I knew the rules and understood the principles of diet and exercise I was a poor example of such a person.

Today I am faced with the hard facts of my failure to do as God desired me to do and now am finding myself facing very hard decisions and making changes that I should have done years ago.

Right now along my abdominal aorta artery right under my kidney arteries is a space of 3 m.m. Where should be 13 m.m. there is not. This plaque that goes right up to my left kidney artery is also very narrow at the entrance of that kidney artery.

In the last six months I have take great turns in my lifestyle of eating and exercise. Not sure if it will be enough or that I will need to have surgery such as a stent or other procedures.

So far with medication my blood pressure is down where it should be and my weight and diabetes is coming down slowly. These things are not easy when one is older.

So if I can do any good to anyone here and that is to encourage all of you to get away from meat and dairy products and eat a more healthful and life rewarding lifestyle I emplore you all to do so now while you still can without having to face the very hard decisions that I am having to make.

Never put off to tomorrow what one can do today. Allow the Lord to bless your life in all aspects and give you the rich blessing of health and wellbeing.

I also request your prayers as I continue in these changes in my life and the blessings of doing God's will and following His principles for whatever time I have left on this earth.
Posted By: crater

Re: If I Could! - 10/23/07 09:11 AM

liane,

I am sorry that your health has take such a turn. Glad to here you have made some lifestyle changes in diet and exercise, but do include the other areas as well; Water, Sunlight, Temperance, Air, Rest, Trust.

There are some herbs such as hawthorne, garlic, and cayenne Pepper, that seem to be helpful in heart disease.

I will for your recovery.
Posted By: asygo

Re: If I Could! - 10/24/07 04:00 AM

We'll keep you in our prayers, Sis Liane.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: If I Could! - 08/02/09 07:37 PM

What Liane shared about her health issues eventually resulted in her death in July 2009, therefore, let us all take heed on what she posted here on October 22, 2007.
Posted By: Rosangela

Re: If I Could! - 08/03/09 08:31 PM

I'm so sorry to learn that she has passed away. And may God help us to walk in the light we have.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: If I Could! - 08/03/09 10:49 PM

I'll miss her. She sure loved her pets. I know they'll miss her too. I look forward to meeting her in heaven.
Posted By: crater

Re: If I Could! - 08/10/09 09:33 AM

Here is a link to Liane Holland's obit.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: If I Could! - 08/10/09 04:36 PM

To preserve the obituary information, I am quoting it here from the link that crater provided:
Quote:

Liane Esther Holland
1926-2009

A memorial service for Liane Esther Holland, presided over by Dan Walters, will be held at 2 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 2 at the Seventh Day Adventist Church, 730 Home St., Bishop. Internment will follow at the Bramlette Cemetery in Benton.
Born in Rhode Island on Jan. 24, 1944, Liane died at St. Mary’s Hospital, Reno, on July 22, 2009. She was 65.
Liane moved to Los Angeles in her late 20s where she primarily worked as a Medicare insurance biller for many years. She retired to the Owens Valley in 2004, where she made many friends, became active in her church and also worked for many other causes. She is deeply missed.
Liane is survied by her sister, Jessica Tella; uncle, Douglas Holland; and aunt and uncle, Laurie and Philip Oliver.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church