Tracing The History Of The Spirit Of Prophecy

Posted By: Anonymous

Tracing The History Of The Spirit Of Prophecy - 04/20/03 09:13 PM

It is stated in our doctrines that one of the identifying marks of God's Church is that they have what the Bible calls: "The Spirit Of Prophecy."

Did God's Church always have this in the past? Like in The Old Testament past?

I think so, but I would like to document, with Scripture references, ALL the examples of The Spirit Of Prophecy, from the past.

After we have done that, I want to intelligently draw the corresponding parallels with God's church today, meaning The New Testament, and then, Ellen G White, and then, to briefly sketch out the parallel implications for the future.

Will there be more Spirit Of Prophecy in the future?

Please, let us do this study in the stated order, to keep it organized. [Smile]
Posted By: Dora

Re: Tracing The History Of The Spirit Of Prophecy - 04/21/03 10:47 PM

David,
I have a list of prophets, and the texts to support them, but, the list is not complete.

I am going to venture out, though, and mention the first one I know was a prophet, although I am not saying this is the first...but, Jude14 says:"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints,....."
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tracing The History Of The Spirit Of Prophecy - 04/22/03 02:19 AM

A small beginning is a good beginning to me. [Smile]

I will be very interested to see your list.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church