Who Is This Ellen White?

Posted By: Daryl

Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/17/06 08:30 PM

Want some uplifting news about the writings of Ellen G White, especially in reference to her book Patriachs & Prophets?

Then click on the following link:

http://www.elfredleereligiousart.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=2
Posted By: Redfog

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/17/06 09:53 PM

One word: WOW

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/18/06 12:24 AM

That's what I said too!

It makes me wonder why there are people within the SDA church who have a problem with her writings.
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/18/06 02:46 AM

Whatever way God uses to bring people to the truth about Himself, to God be the glory.

As for the writings of EW, personally I have less of a problem with the acctual text than with how some people are treating them. Give honour where honour is due and itll be fine.

/Thomas

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/18/06 03:47 AM

As for the Bible, I accept the Bible as God's inspired Word, however, as some people are treating the writings of EGW, I am also concerned about how some people are treating the Bible, so there's no difference there.

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/19/06 11:30 PM

I hope this speaks to those who are questioning the writings of EGW as being inspired.
Posted By: Darius

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/20/06 07:04 PM

The issue is not whether EGW's was inspired or not. The sad fact that so many cannot see that inspiration is not a gift given to only a few. Every single human being has been inspired in different areas. Putting EGW on a pedastal above other humans is the problem. When we do what the Creator has not attempted to do we are guilty of blaspheming Him. Let us get our priorities straight.
Posted By: Darius

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/20/06 07:25 PM

I don't understand the "excitement" caused by this article. One would think that this rabbi came straight from heaven with a message.
I wonder if all his endorsements are to be highlighted or only this one. It is difficult to accept that we believe what we teach about the dead when we are so exercised to validate a dead woman.

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/21/06 03:28 AM

I was tempted to remove both of Darius' posts, but I decided to leave them there as a sad example of a person who for some reason is in need of the guidance and conviction of the Holy Spirit in relation to the person He has inspired, namely Ellen G White, and all those who have contributed to the inspired writings of the Bible, to which even the inspired writings of EGW, and any other inspired writings, if any, are tested by.

By the way, Darius will not be able to reply, as he can no longer participate in the Spirit of Prophecy forum of MSDAOL.
Posted By: Redfog

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/21/06 05:24 AM

Maybe he should be allowed to post here, it helps us see his true colors.

We're not putting Mrs. White on a pedestal, we're putting the Word of God, given through her on a pedestal, just as we do the Word of God given through Moses, Paul, John etc.

Redfog

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/21/06 07:21 PM

Though, the topic name does beg the question, what/whos on that pedistal? It gives an impression of someone/thing extraordinary and unless you read the article (possibly even after) it only points in one direction.

Admitedly this says more about the topic name (and in this particular case Daryl who wrote it) than it does about Ellen and/or her books.

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/21/06 07:43 PM

I don't know what you mean, Thomas.

Somebody shared this email in our local church last Sabbath, I had also received notification of this by email, I searched for the web version of it, I created the topic, and I posted the link here.

It spoke to me, therefore, I shared it with others here.

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/21/06 08:02 PM

Im just saying that if, IF, Ellen is put on a pedistal in this thread, its not her fault.
Im also interested, is this website story checked for accuracy? Just so we know its not a mere net rumor we are geting worked up about.
Posted By: John H.

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/21/06 09:22 PM

The story has the ring of truth to me. One of the most remarkable things I've read regarding the SOP. Thanks for sharing it, Daryl.

As for putting EGW on a pedestal, who's doing that? Nobody that I can see. It's her writings that I put on a pedestal, because they're directly inspired by the Creator of the universe. The Bible writings go on a pedestal that's higher still; but not the men who wrote it. "...we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

Re: Who Is This Ellen White? - 06/21/06 09:44 PM

Although I don't remember seeing it myself, I was told that this Rabbi was interviewed on 3ABN.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church