Why do Catholics pray to and worship Mary

Posted By: Rick H

Why do Catholics pray to and worship Mary - 10/04/14 01:54 PM

During a discussion the question was asked why Catholics pray to Mary, and we got a answer that we didn't quite expect.

The answer was that "Mary asked" for Catholics to pray to her, and when we asked for an explanation we got the following answer:

Marian apparition

"Say the Rosary every day, to bring peace to the world and the end of the war."
Posted By: Rick H

Re: Why do Catholics pray to and worship Mary - 10/04/14 02:01 PM

We were a bit stunned to say the least and it pretty much ended the discussion, but I have never gotten a more clear answer than that. Praying to Mary who is dead is no place found in scripture or sanctioned by the inspired Word or Christ, so this answer seems to be as close to why they do it than any other explanation. It reminded me of the following text:

2 Timothy 4:3King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Why they worship Mary you wont get a good answer, as they still hold that is just 'showing respect' but if one looks at how they 'adore' the idol of Mary and kneel, genuflect and burn candles before it, its not hard to see what they are doing.
Posted By: dedication

Re: Why do Catholics pray to and worship Mary - 10/05/14 08:09 AM

"Mary" is one of the "signs and wonders" the Bible warns against.

She appears to the crowds as a living, beautiful lady, surrounded by glorious light. She gives messages that seem very spiritual, often speaking against evil, and admonishing worship. Numerous healings and miracles are reported in connection with these appearances.

"Mary" is a supernatural reality that people believe is the real Mary. To say it is demons masquerading as Mary is met with unbelief and rebuke -- for how, they think, could a demon manifest such beauty, light, and give messages with calls to worship and pray to God (as well as to pray to her and consecrate oneself to her supposedly immaculate heart)?

"Mary" presents herself as the one reconciling the world to her Son.

And the present manifestations are only a beginning.

She has said:

Quote:
"Soon I will come, my children! Soon, I will be in your midst with a great light. I will enlighten the entire world. Many souls will cry because they did not listen to my call...I will pass above everyone in a cloud and everyone will see me. What will become of those who insulted me and made a laughing stock of me? ...I will come soon, my sons, to travel through the entire world. I will give a great sign in the sky for those who will still want to be saved. All those who have recourse to me, who have a look of repentance, this will be sufficient to save them

These "Mary" appearances are happening all over the world and not only in so called Christian countries. Millions of people flock to areas where she is know to appear. And it's not just Catholics, but other Christians as well as Muslims, Buddists etc.

I fully expect these Marian apparitions to play a huge leading role in uniting all religions under the papal head.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church