Is This What Mormons Actually Believe?

Posted By: Daryl

Is This What Mormons Actually Believe? - 09/19/15 01:07 AM

Does the following video actually presents what Mormons actually believe?

Mormonism Exposed: What the Missionaries Don't TellBy: SavedExMormon

Posted by Beacons of Light on Friday, September 18, 2015
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Is This What Mormons Actually Believe? - 09/19/15 08:32 AM

The area of Southern Alberta, where I live has almost no Seventh Day Adventists; however, it is saturated with Mormons. There are numerous opportunities, such as jobs, contracts, real estate etc. that are available only to LDS. My last pastor is a former Mormon, and I have studied with "door to door" Mormons several times. Some will accept tracts or Ellen White books, if you are willing to accept a Book of Mormon.

And, yes I'm afraid the video is exactly correct. Mormons believe everything mentioned! It sounds like a bad sci fi novel; but, it seems to have more in common with Buddhism: by achieving perfection and unity with the universe, one becomes god. Unfortunately, they have no faith in the Bible, preferring the Book of Mormon. This makes it almost impossible to witness to them. Of course, "I can do all things through Christ..." so, there is always Hope.

When my last Mormon door knocker called the New Testament "a bunch of garbage", I pointed out that Joseph Smith's teachings contradicted the Bible (Old Testament, which is the only part that they, supposedly, accept) and therefore, he was following a false prophet. At this point, his partner had to restrain him from becoming violent and I told them both to leave my property.

Although, the calmer of the two apologized as he left, they did not appear to be very fruitfull "Christians".

Posted By: dedication

Re: Is This What Mormons Actually Believe? - 09/19/15 08:33 PM

And the video ended with comments about "doing marriage ceremonies for the dead".

Why do they do "marriage ceremonies for the dead"?

They take the text that there is no marriage or giving in marriage in heaven, therefore they believe they must SEAL their marriages here on earth if they want to be married and populate their planets (over which they become gods) in the afterlife.

It is also because they believe its only through their "spiritual" husbands that women are allowed into the afterlife. A woman depends totally on a "husband" for her eternal wellbeing, as the husband calls his wives (and yes polygamy is part of their doctrine, though presently not practiced much due to the laws) but the husband is believed to receive the power to call forth his wives by their secret name to be with him in the afterlife so they can have lots of "spirit babies" to populate the planets belonging to the husband who has become a "god".

"While both men and women are given secret names during the marriage sealing ceremony, the wife is not permitted to know her husband's given name. However, she has to confide to him her secret name. The purpose for this is that only "he" has the power to summon the wife into heaven and this must be done by his calling her by her secret name. This further demonstrates the power given to the priesthood (men) of the Mormon Church. Since, according to Mormon doctrine, men will become gods, they are in control of their wives' salvation. Not only does this give them complete authority over the women, it negates the salvation of Jesus Christ which is all the Bible plainly tells us is needed to enter heaven.

In other words, a woman will not be allowed to enter the Celestial Kingdom/planet unless she has an initiated Mormon husband who calls her in by her secret name that only he knows. The husband has the power to call her forth and make her his "queen" in the after life. Therefore, according to this belief system, she cannot be saved by the grace of Jesus Christ; she will be saved by her Mormon husband and the Mormon religion.

But even more serious is their interpretation of what took place in the garden of Eden.

They believe Lucifer told them the truth
that Adam and Eve were right in disobeying God for it opened for them the door to become gods.
Ye shall be as "gods"....

Those green aprons that they wear in their temple marriage and other ceremonies are symbolic of the fig leaf garments Adam and Eve made to "cover their nakedness" --
In their drama ceremonies it is Lucifer that tells Adam and Eve to make these garments in preparation to meeting Elohim.

Why do the "initiates" continue to wear these green aprons in their services?
Posted By: Alchemy

Re: Is This What Mormons Actually Believe? - 09/21/15 06:29 AM

I do wish we were as dedicated to spreading the true Gospel as Mormons are about spreading their cult gospel.
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Is This What Mormons Actually Believe? - 09/21/15 10:38 AM

Salvation by works necessitates dedication and misplaced faith in those works.
It is to our shame that our works do not match our professed faith in God!
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church