Forum Rule #6 Amendment

Posted By: Daryl

Forum Rule #6 Amendment - 02/27/01 03:42 AM

The following is an amendment to Forum Rule #6 which takes affect immediately:

6 - Except for the Administrator and Moderators in the performance of their responsibilities, you must not make any negative communication by email or otherwise to any of the members of Maritime SDA OnLine as a result of any post made on Maritime SDA OnLine by any member. Failure to comply with this important rule will result in removal of all your privileges as a member of Maritime SDA OnLine.

Daryl

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Forum Rule #6 Amendment - 02/27/01 11:09 AM

Hi Daryl

I hope this is the place to ask a clarifying question about this rule #6 ammendment?

I think it is a really good rule to have, and I was thinking that it would be a good idea if we could define a little more specifically, what this rule means by "negative" communications/emails?

Probably, more than one or two of us have wondered from time to time what the MSDAOL policies are regarding how to protest a post that we are strongly opposed to. Is there a preferred way for the members to register complaints/protests about a post?

Thankyou.

------------------
"The desert will rejoice and bloom as the rose...it shall bloom abundantly!"
(Isa.35:1-2)

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Forum Rule #6 Amendment - 02/28/01 03:07 AM

Hi David,

That's a good question.

Let me digest that one for a few days, and then get back to you and everybody else here who may also be interested.

Daryl

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Forum Rule #6 Amendment - 02/28/01 05:25 PM

Maybe we could start by deciding what is proper/improper responses.
Even the moderators shoud be careful how they word an e-mail or answering post.
We can disagree without being disagreeable, so, when contacting someone about a questionable post, we should be able to do so without attacking the poster.
I have never seen anyone here do that, but have seen it on other forums.
Posted By: zyph

Re: Forum Rule #6 Amendment - 03/01/01 01:01 PM

Is it acceptable to express how you feel about certain things? Negative feelings, frustration, etc. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm afraid of being rejected, but I don't want to have to pretend or avoid honest feelings. I understand about not addressing these to or about a person.

Re: Forum Rule #6 Amendment - 03/01/01 05:12 PM

Hi Zyph,

You asked whether it is acceptable to express how you feel about certain things, negative feelings, frustration, etc.

It is OK to do so as long as it isn't intentionally being directed to a particular person, or to an identifiable person.

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited March 01, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited March 01, 2001).]

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church