Sometimes its a rollercoaster.......

Posted By: Anonymous

Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/27/00 04:54 AM

I was born a Seventh day Adventist, the daughter of an Adventist minister. Over the course of my childhood we moved numerous times as my father was in great demand around the country. We even served as missionaries in Brazil. I just wish I'd been old enough to enjoy it. Growing up a PK was everything that the stereotypes portray it to be. I have been down every road I shouldn't have traveled, and hurt my parents in many ways. I can only imagine the pain I caused my Father in Heaven. When I was 25 I married a man who later turned out to be an extremely angry, aggresive and violent man. He beat me through two pregnancies and one week after my second C-section with my youngest son, he through me down two flights of cement stairs and when I made it back up to make sure the babies were okay, he put my head into the wall. My 20 month old son was so terrified, he hid behind the television set in the corner. He could still remember that incident at four years old. At that time,I had no relationship with God whatsoever. No spiritual life, no study. But still He spoke to me and told me to leave or else my sons would grow up to be wife abusers as well. So with no real skills I ended up on welfare with a 2 year old and a six-week old baby. It was not an easy life. I spent the next two years in a haze of depression. One Sabbath, I felt strongly impressed to search out the local Adventist church. What I found there was such a sense of family and openness that I was completely overwhelmed. The minister was a terrific speaker, and after attending his Revelation seminar, I was moved to rededicate my life to the Lord. I won't say it has all been uphill since then, but with Jesus at my side, I can't go wrong. I am now remarried to the most wonderful man in the world who shares my desire and drive to work for the Lord. We have a daughter together, and as a family of five we have many adventures. Some good, some bad. But through it all we remain steady because Jesus is Lord of our family, and my husband is priest of our home. All things work together for good for them that serve the Lord and He truly has blessed us, and together we lift our eyes heavenward because our redemption draweth nigh!

Wendy
---------------
Maranatha!!!

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/27/00 06:48 AM

Amen, Wendy!

And yes, all things do work for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.

than to receive. (Acts 20:35)

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited December 26, 2000).]

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/28/00 07:17 AM

I just had to post here again to tell you that I am so glad to see that Satan didn't get the victory over you as a Preacher's Kid or PK for short.

I know of a PK who went to prison, who had been witnessing to him while he was still in prison. After he got out of prison they ended up getting married, however, he soon began abusing her physically to the point where she had to leave him.

I, therefore, understand and appreciate your testimony.

Keep looking up to Him for He will soon be coming to take us home.

Daryl

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/28/00 08:19 AM

Amen Daryl! Praise the Lord He will always give us the victory! He is coming soon.

(So do you want me for a moderator yet?)

Wendy
---------------
Maranatha!!!

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/28/00 11:19 PM

Praise The Lord Wendy!

Your testimony is inspiring. It is amazing how God can work in the midst of a firestorm in our own home. I can really relate! Your testimony brought to mind the glorious assurance in 3T 209:

"For every earnest prayer put up in faith for anything, answers will be returned. They may not come just as we have expected; but they will come. Not perhaps as we have desired; but at the very time when we most need them....If ye abide in Me, and My Words abide in you; ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."

The "spiritual warfare" that takes place in our own home, is perhaps the most acutely felt, and the most dangerous. But, God has promised: "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Heb.13:5). You are living proof!

------------------
Soul winning is soul loving.
see 1 Thes.5:14-15).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/29/00 04:48 PM

Wendy,
The best moderators [counselors] are those that have been there.

What you went through, and survived, gives you insights no one else has.
God bless and welcome to the family.

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/29/00 06:06 PM

My, my, David, have you ever changed.

Do you know you have a twin brother?

Daryl

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/30/00 01:34 AM

David,
Thank you for the encouragement! (btw, I went to bed early last night so I don't have that paper done yet.)

Gerry,
Thank you so much for that gracious welcome! I enjoy being a part of the family, which is of course a part of the bigger family....of God!!!

Daryl,
I don't know what the joke is.... but I like to see you smile.

Wendy
---------------
Maranatha!!!

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/30/00 02:37 AM

Wendy, the picture in David's post is not David, but Laurie Mosher. That's what Daryl was referring to.

------------------

Re: Sometimes its a rollercoaster....... - 12/30/00 02:41 AM

Well Linda, I did the same thing with your picture as well. So I get the joke!

God bless!
Wendy

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church