Thank You Larry Kirkpatrick

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Thank You Larry Kirkpatrick - 08/26/02 03:20 AM

I want to publically say thank you to Pastor Larry Kirkpatrick for the kindness he and his family showed my son this past weekend. Joel had taken a load to LA--but let me back up a minute.

Joel had been fearful of asking his employer for the Sabbath off, figuring that they would probably fire him, so when he went home he had cleaned his truck out, figuring he would have to turn it in and take a bus home. Last Monday he called his boss and told him he had become a Christian and needed to have from sundown Friday to sundown Sabbath off. His boss said that was fine, he could have it, that the company had been built on Christianity. Actually, his whole change in attitude has some of the other people he works with asking him questions. What an answer to prayer! But Joel was out without his usual supplies and equipment that he carries with him, and only minimal clothes. And they gave him a load to California. There was no way to go by home and get his things.

He had decided he was not going to attend a church in CA because of the many things going on out there. On Friday evening he called me several times telling me where he was, ask what time the sun set, etc. I looked up the Mentone church (Pastory Larry's church) and found that it was close to where Joel was at and assured him that it would be a good place to go to church. I found the phone numbers and gave them to him.

Joel called me on Sabbath evening and I learned that the Kirkpatricks had had Joel home for dinner and he spent much of the afternoon with them. In fact, while Joel was talking to me, Larry walked in and I spoke with him a few minutes.

Larry, I want to thank you and your wife, Pamela, and your children for taking Joel under your wing for the day and feeding him. I know what it takes to feed him!

He called me again to day asking about music that he could play in the truck. He was also interested in the Bible on CD, but I don't own that. The only CD he had that he could play was one by the Heralds. So I finally got brave enough to fire up the CD-RW and burn a few CDs he can listen to. I also discovered that I can download and turn all of the MP3 sermons from Mentone Church into audio CDs that can be played on the stereo. [Big Grin] The only thing I had to change was the format ending on the file name from .mpga to .mp3. My CD buring program did all the rest. When Joel comes by here this Thursday, I'll have several CDs ready for him including a number of sermons.

Thanks again Larry. I'm going to burn some of those sermons onto CDs for myself.

Oh, yes, if anyone else wants them, you can find them Mentone Church website.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Thank You Larry Kirkpatrick - 08/26/02 04:25 AM

Thank you, Linda, for posting this, and I also want to thank you, Pastor Larry, for taking Linda's son under your wing. [Smile]
Posted By: Avalee

Re: Thank You Larry Kirkpatrick - 08/27/02 06:30 AM

Amen and I second my thanks to Larry and family. This is what it is all about. [Smile]
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church