Thanksgiving Day in the USA!

Posted By: Daryl

Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 10/26/02 04:37 AM

Thanksgiving Day will soon be arriving in the USA>

Does anybody know what date it is in the USA?
Posted By: Restin

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 10/26/02 06:11 AM

November 28 this year. My favorite holiday. I try to have the traditional Thanksgiving Dinner several times a year, it's so yummy. But just not quite as extravagant. I would invite you to dinner, but I'm all the way down here in sunny Florida where it's 76 degrees now.

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 11/07/02 06:06 AM

Of course, this is several days later, but it is snowing here now and it is only just over 32 degrees here.

And you are making me hungry. [Smile]

If we ever get to Florida, we shall take you up on your invitation. [Big Grin]

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 11/27/02 04:35 AM

Well, [Thank You] Thanksgiving Day [Thank You] in the USA is just about here! [Smile]

How about you American citizens, and those Canadians, etc. who are presently living in the USA, are you doing anything special on your Thanksgiving Day holiday?
Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 11/27/02 06:31 AM

Speaking of snow--This is my fifth winter here and we have never had a white Christmas. It looks like nature is making up for it by giving us a white Thanksgiving! It started snowing today and we have a couple of inches on the ground. Since it's supposed to stay cold, it could very well stick around for the holiday. Oh well. . . . . . . . . . .

Over the river and through the woods
To Grandmother's house we go.
The horse knows the way to carry the sleig
Through the white and drifted snow

Over the river and through the woods,
Now grandmother's cap I spy!
Hurrah for the fun! Is the pudding done?
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie! [Tasty] (as remembered from grade school days)

[ November 26, 2002, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Linda S ]
Posted By: Dora

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 11/28/02 05:11 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda!
Did we go to the same school? For we had Thanksgiving pagents, and sang that very song! Of course, that was in KY, in a country school, and years before you were in school! LOL

But, I think the feeling of nostalgia is the same.

Dora
Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 11/28/02 06:08 AM

A Happy Thanksgiving to you Dora.

I grew up in West Virginia, a bonafide hillbilly. [Big Grin] Oh, and with 2 adult children, I'm definately not young. [Big Grin]

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 11/29/02 03:58 AM

I hope you are all having a Happy Thanksgiving Day in the USA! [Smile]
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 11/25/10 05:08 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Re: Thanksgiving Day in the USA! - 11/27/10 04:11 AM

Eight years later before this thread is revived again, but better later than never. smile

As we will have some visitors from the USA in church tomorrow, we are having another Thanksgiving Sabbath School program just for them. smile
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church