2003 Reflections, Praises, & Thanksqivings

Posted By: Daryl

2003 Reflections, Praises, & Thanksqivings - 12/28/03 12:34 AM

As the year 2003 draws to its end in about four days from now and the New Year 2004 then begins after that, and looking back over the twelve months of 2003, what happened to you and I, to the church, to the world, that you and I can reflect upon, give praises for, be thankful about?
Posted By: Will

Re: 2003 Reflections, Praises, & Thanksqivings - 12/28/03 01:32 AM

I give thanks to The Lord for calling me to do a work in our community. I am also thankful for getting to know and fellowship with other brothers and sisters that are from different parts of the globe on this forum.

The way things are going in the world it's a sure sign that the Lord is coming soon!! [Smile]
Most importantly and not least in importance is the love that God has shown me, and us all over the place. I am a wretch, a low-life, a sinner and one in need of a Savior! This Savior came and dwelt among men and became fully man, and was fully God at the same time. He also overcame sin as a man by trusting in His Father (Our Heavenly Father) which is why He is a faithful High Priest interceding with the Father on our behalf:
quote:

Hebrews 2:17
17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

He was made like us! He cried, He hungered, and was tempted in all points like we are today! So I know when I mess up because my head is in the sand, or whatever reason I can come to Him...We can all come to Him [Smile]
Oh what a Friend we have in Jesus.
quote:

Hebrews 4:15,16
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The miracle was the opportunity and gift of eternal life that was given to me not because of anything, but out of love. A love that is as infinite as the sky is deep, a love that will make the planets spin out of their orbit by a Word. No matter how much of a pain I have been or any error I have done unto someone else or to myself or believed in an error God has 'thrown me a rope' and pulled me out to draw me near to Him, and to show me the way EverLasting For this I praise His name!
quote:

Psalms 139:23,24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if [there be any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

God Bless you all,
Will
Posted By: Daryl

Re: 2003 Reflections, Praises, & Thanksqivings - 12/28/03 02:01 AM

Amen, Will! [Smile]

[Thank You] Thank you for sharing that with us. [Thank You]
Posted By: Ikan

Re: 2003 Reflections, Praises, & Thanksqivings - 12/28/03 02:23 AM

Amen Will! That was inspiring!
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church