God's Watchcare over me

Posted By: Avalee

God's Watchcare over me - 03/27/04 04:16 PM

Psa 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

On the way to work one day last week I was almost hit by a car that ran a stop sign. I served out of the way as he came around the corner right at me. Don't know how he missed me as there was not much room on this narrow back road for me to serve to. And there was two big semi trucks right behind me. It would not have been a very pretty sight if that car had not missed me and the semi's hitting us both.

I praise God for His watchcare over me all the time..and I am so thankful for our Angels who take care of his in times like this.
Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: God's Watchcare over me - 03/27/04 05:23 PM

Amen!!!!
Posted By: Daryl

Re: God's Watchcare over me - 03/28/04 02:00 AM

[Pray or Praying or Prayer] Amen! [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

[Thank You] Thank God for His guardian angels! [Thank You]
Posted By: Ikan

Re: God's Watchcare over me - 03/28/04 11:04 AM

Whoa! Glad the Lord took you in His Hand!
Posted By: Dora

Re: God's Watchcare over me - 03/28/04 08:04 PM

I, too, can praise Him for protection by angels, these are only two outstanding ones (to me.) Every October for eight years I have driven to MI to visit my children/grandchild for two weeks, and I go alone. It is a 540 mile drive, and there is about 30 miles of the drive that seems like 100, or it has in the past. It is from the Chicago exit around Gary and Hammond, IN, and even going around there in the hours of "lighter traffic" if there is such a thing, can be a nightmare..to me.

I always pray before leaving, of course, and all along the way. But, two years ago, I knelt and prayed, "Lord, you know how scared I am driving around that 'loop' with those monster trucks crowding me behind and on each side, and pushing me to drive 70-75 miles an hour or get run over. Now, Father, I am asking you to just send angels to keep them away from me as I drive that 30 miles, for I know You can!"

So, I started out, and when I got to this area I was concentrating on the driving, lanes, etc. and suddenly, it hit me. I looked around, not a vehicle beside me on my right, nor any on the left, looked again in the rear view mirror, nothing pushing me there. I just gasped! Although I had asked for that very thing, it was amazing, for never had I driven around there with such ease. I truly felt, (and believe) that I was like an island in a sea of vehicles, but, if my eyes could have been opened to see spiritually, I believe I would have seen angels surrounding my car. This continued for all of the 30-35 miles!

Last October, I asked for the same protection before leaving, and just "cruised" around there at a normal speed, no cars or trucks too close to me. I was relaxed and not at all fearful, knowing I was protected by the angels sent by God.

Truly, "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them." Psalm 34:7

In His Love,
Dora
Posted By: John H.

Re: God's Watchcare over me - 03/29/04 12:31 AM

Driving stories! Those are great.

We had a little event to happen last night on the way back from Charlotte, though not nearly as dramatic.

Toni M. and I were in my Blazer returning from the Southern Union Laymen's Congress on Religious Liberty. About 60 miles out of Charlotte, and still about 175 miles from home, the engine started running rough and the "Service Engine" light came on. Oh no.

I took an exit off I-85, pulled off on a side service road, and popped the hood. Plenty of oil, plenty of antifreeze. The engine seemed to be overheating, so I figured it must be a sticky thermostat. Though who really knew. What we did know was that we were 175 miles (282 km) from home, well after dark on a Saturday night.

We both said some prayers, I let the engine cool down, then started it back up and headed back for the interstate, trusting God to get us home somehow. I slowed it down and drove 55-60 mph (89-97 kph) the rest of the way, holding my breath and looking at the dashboard -- and the light didn't come back on. Smooth sailing.

When we were just coming into Greenville city limits, about three miles from home, the light came back on again. I pulled over, waited a little while, started up again, and we made it home. (Toni's car was parked here, where she had left it Friday morning.)

Will have to get the truck checked out tomorrow, but the Lord got us home!
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church