I'm thankful to God too!

Posted By: roxe

I'm thankful to God too! - 05/13/06 06:11 AM

Hello all,

It's been quite a while since I've been to this forum. The Lord has been showing me how much I have been controlled by our enemy since I've been born... and what a battle!!

All phooey broke loose when I started refusing to cooperate any longer in each area Jesus brought to my attention. You-know-who doesn't like it one bit when this happens! Many times I felt like I wouldn't live through the attacks, which were trying to discourage me and cause me to give up getting closer to Jesus.

And the worst ones were when I stopped allowing financial control. Whooee... I'm very surprised that I'm still alive and getting closer to being debt free!

Just this week, the Lord sold my RV for me... and now I don't have that payment going out each month!

I'm within $2000 of having over $8000 on a 27% APR being paid... and I've been able to transfer that amount over to another credit card with the next 6 months at 1.99% APR!

PRAISE THE LORD!

I'm also living with my son and wife rent free until I get out of debt, Lord willing, by this fall!!

PRAISE THE LORD!

My health is slowly getting stabilized.

PRAISE THE LORD!

Yes, our heavenly Father, our brother Jesus, and our best friend the Holy Spirit are so good, I can hardly wait to meet them in person!

Whenever the attacks get so bad, I just say outloud that I'm so glad that Revelation 20 is coming and there ain't nothing the enemies can do about it!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!

I'm experiencing HIS strength and victory in my life!

PRAISE THE LORD!

Happy Sabbath!

roxe
Posted By: Servant

Re: I'm thankful to God too! - 11/10/06 08:50 AM

I'm thankful to God for many things however two recent blessings on my husbands health make me even more aware of His Presence and watchcare;

Several months ago my husband was diagnosed with a chronic anemia. Repeat blood tests supported the original diagnosis. Gastrointestinal scope exam results, to rule in/out the presence of a bleed, were negative yet he remained with severe, depleting anemia.

He was directed to take iron supplements which he did sporadically at best. Because we both have demanding jobs and he is often out of town due to his job, our diet is not ideal, that being, we are vegetarian and strive to eat right, yet time constraints, unfamilar surroundings, and fatigue take their toll.

I requested a follow up blood test last week. Those results returned this week all within normal limits. I praise God.

The second recent blessing;

Several years ago he nearly lost the sight in one eye due to an accident with a elastic exercise device that hit him in the eye. After weeks of care including a 24/7 upright body position and a severe medication regime, God spared his eyesight.

He came home night before last complaining of 'tired eyes' and awoke yesterday morning with severe pain in his previously affected eye. Because he could not see a foreign object in his eye and attempts to flush his eyes while showering were unsuccessful, he went work hoping the pain would resolve. He had to leave work midday due to severe eye pain.

After he arrived home he telephoned me to notify me of his plan to go to the Emergency Department because he could not get an appointment until some time later. I met him at the Emergency Department where he was being triaged after little or no waiting (a large blessing). After triage and an initial exam, two small particles of grahite were removed from his eye (acquired from the job and windy conditions). His diagnosis; corneal abrasion (a painful, yet minor condition). Today he has almost completely recovered.

My initial reaction when I realized his affected eye pain was unresolved, was alarm and fear his earlier injury had reoccured, and he was at risk for sight loss. Yet thankfully, he is fine now.

The point of this long discourse is my gratitude for two recent and dramatic (to me) evidences of God's watchcare, and positive answer to our prayers. He'll answer your petitions too.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: I'm thankful to God too! - 11/10/06 06:33 PM

Servant,

Those definitely are specific things to be really thankful for!
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church