How God protects and keeps us from harm.

Posted By: Rick H

How God protects and keeps us from harm. - 03/29/08 03:51 PM

How God protects and keeps us from harm.

With all the news each day of devastating tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and fires hitting the news it seems that there are many things that are happening which can quickly destroy our homes or threathen our safety, and we know these events will become more prevalent and more devastating as we come closer to the last days before Christ comes. But we must be confident and put our trust and lives in God who protects and keeps us from harm.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/feb/06/brush-fire-affecting-visibilty-i-75-collier/

We have been hit hard in florida with severe drought and now fires, and since we are in the forest I prepared and dug fire breaks at the fences, cleared brush, set up irrigation and plans for turning on sprinklers and moving the animals to safety, etc.. But when it came it negated or went around all I had done.

One afternoon, my neighbors called my wife and told her the forest was in flames, and she called me to say a fire was sweeping to our farm and they were fighting it with whatever they could get their hands on. I left work and got there and the first thing, I prayed with her for God's protection and quickly set up the sprinklers and sprayed the roofs as the firefighters arrived and set up a perimeter. But it was so intense that it would was throwing huge flames and cinders around and behind them so all they could do was retreat. The electric company shut off the electricity so the firefighters wouldnt be hit by sagging wires as they came under the affects of the flames, so all my irrigation pumps and sprinklers were useless. They tried to hold the flames and heat away from the house but finally it became too intense and they had to pull back to the main road and the fire surged and my house disappeared behind the smoke. They went to my neighbors house to set up a new perimeter, but the fire went across the road leading to their house and cut them off from the main road. It was looking very dire, when heavy eguipment from forestry arrived, bulldozing through the woods and reached the firefighters and cut a fire line in front of the entrance to my neighbors house and saved it.

I went to mine and throught the smoke could see my house was still standing. The firefighters fought the fire and finally at dusk the winds died down and they let us back to our house. We could not sleep with all the infeno blazing all around but near midnight went inside to rest. My wife was awakened in the middle of the night and looked to see a bright glow in the back yard, half asleep she went to the back and openned the door to see all our bushes in flames almost reaching the roof. She woke me up and called the firefighters back, as I ran to keep it from igniting the roof......

The firefighters reach us in time and the next day the neighbors came and saw that not one bit of the house or garage, goat houses, barn had even a burn mark or had been singed and even though they dont all believe in God, they gave witness to his power........God is to be praised...

Psalm 41:2
The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.

I show everyone the extent the fire reached coming to the house so they can see Gods hand, one side of the goat pen has the plants and tree's completely burnt, the other side inside the fence of the pen, even if the same plant, is untouched. The straw under the goat houses never ignited, and the fire comes all the way to the front gates and stops, and to the rear where I fought it but I know something awoke my wife before it ignited the roof with its flames and endangering us so I would see the power of God protecting us, not just the firefighters and the forestry divisions hard work.

Re: How God protects and keeps us from harm. - 06/04/08 06:18 PM

Here is the latest 800 acre fire that swept through our neighborhood, but again God kept the members from harm even as the fire swept up to their front lawns and around them......

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/jun/01/golden-gate-estates-fire-contained/

Re: How God protects and keeps us from harm. - 06/05/08 12:44 AM

We called all the church members that were close to it and let them know as it was a fast moving fire and turned into a inferno within a short time, and one member in the middle of the fire which we couldnt get a hold off, had a broken leg so we were very worried. It cut off his street and burned the house behind him in the next street but he was able to get out quickly and was safe. We were very happy to see him when he showed up at church on Saturday morning.....

Posted By: vastergotland

Re: How God protects and keeps us from harm. - 06/05/08 06:00 AM

What help have you and your church extended to those of your neighbours who have had their houses damaged or destroyed by this fire? This is an opportunity for you to be the body of Christ for these people.
Posted By: crater

Re: How God protects and keeps us from harm. - 06/05/08 07:52 AM

800 acres and 3 homes burned

Wow, this just happened and the blaze wasn't 100 percent contained until on Sunday.

Thank God for the protection you received.

Did some of your land burn again this time?

I suppose it is still smokey or at least the smell of smoke still clings to the air.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church