Ezekiel's Temple

Posted By: dedication

Ezekiel's Temple - 04/07/14 07:07 AM

Ezekiel 40-45 gives great detail of a temple that has never yet been built. What does it mean?

Of this temple it is said:
“Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever. Ez. 43:7

The following verse introduce the vision of this temple.

Quote:
A New City, a New Temple

40:1 In the twenty-fifth year of our captivity, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after the city was captured, on the very same day the hand of the Lord was upon me; and He took me there. 2 In the visions of God He took me into the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain; on it toward the south was something like the structure of a city. 3 He took me there, and behold, there was a man whose appearance was like the appearance of bronze. He had a line of flax and a measuring rod in his hand, and he stood in the gateway.

4 And the man said to me, “Son of man, look with your eyes and hear with your ears, and fix your mind on everything I show you; for you were brought here so that I might show them to you. Declare to the house of Israel everything you see.” 5 Now there was a wall all around the outside of the temple.[a] In the man’s hand was a measuring rod six cubits long, each being a cubit and a handbreadth; and he measured the width of the wall structure, one rod; and the height, one rod.

Where have we seen a heavenly Being with a measuring rod before?

One place is in Rev. 11:1

But the biggest similarity is in Revelation 21

21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Posted By: dedication

Re: Ezekiel's Temple - 04/07/14 04:00 PM

In John chapter 14 we have a favorite verse --
Jesus says, "In my Father's house are many rooms...I go and prepare a place for you and if I go I will come again and receive you unto Myself that where I am there you may be also.

One thing we notice when we read through Ezekiel 40 to 46 is the countless rooms that are described.

Everywhere one sees these rooms. Rooms in the wall, rooms by the gates, rooms above the gates, rooms above the walls, everywhere there are rooms described, all the same size, with windows and posts with palm trees...
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: Ezekiel's Temple - 04/07/14 07:40 PM

Is it possible Ezekiel's temple wasn't built because the Jews failed as God's chosen people?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church