Is Jesus God?

Posted By: Daryl

Is Jesus God? - 09/20/13 02:51 PM

Check out the link below and share your thoughts here about the information contained in that link:

http://y-jesus.com/wwrj/3-is-jesus-god
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: Is Jesus God? - 09/21/13 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Daryl
Check out the link below and share your thoughts here about the information contained in that link:

http://y-jesus.com/wwrj/3-is-jesus-god

Originally Posted By: Heb.1:1-4
God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

And again ...

Originally Posted By: Heb. 1:8-9
But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions."

Re: Is Jesus God? - 09/21/13 03:53 AM

Are you using those Bible references to say that Jesus is God?
Posted By: asygo

Re: Is Jesus God? - 09/21/13 05:17 AM

Heb 1:8 seems pretty solid evidence.

Re: Is Jesus God? - 09/28/13 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: asygo
Heb 1:8 seems pretty solid evidence.

I agree with you, however, I was wondering if that was why James posted those references.

It is usually nice to post a comment about quoted references, which James didn't do.
Posted By: dedication

Re: Is Jesus God? - 09/28/13 06:35 AM

Who spoke to Moses from the burning bush?

Quote:
Exodus 3:4 And when the LORD (Jehovah) saw that he (Moses) turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
3:6 Moreover he said, I [am] the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exodus makes it plain that it was Jehovah God Who spoke to Moses and His name is "I AM".

Now look at Jesus words:

Quote:
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:

Here Jesus refers to the name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, and claimed it as
His own.

Jesus is God manifested.
It was He who talked to Moses from the burning bush.

Jesus said:
Quote:
John 1:18 No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

Yet we read in:
Quote:
Exodus 24:9 Then went up (on Mount Sinai) Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
24:10 And they saw the God of Israel: and [there was] under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in [his] clearness.

Who did they see?
I believe they saw Jesus (this was before He took on humanity)

Jesus is not God the Father, but He is one with the Father, and He is God!

Quote:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church