IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016)

Posted By: Elle

IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016) - 04/27/11 11:00 AM

IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end
Commentary: China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016

link

By Brett Arends, MarketWatch

Quote:
"BOSTON (MarketWatch) — The International Monetary Fund has just dropped a bombshell, and nobody noticed.

For the first time, the international organization has set a date for the moment when the “Age of America” will end and the U.S. economy will be overtaken by that of China.
And it’s a lot closer than you may think.

According to the latest IMF official forecasts, China’s economy will surpass that of America in real terms in 2016 — just five years from now.

Put that in your calendar.

It provides a painful context for the budget wrangling taking place in Washington right now. It raises enormous questions about what the international security system is going to look like in just a handful of years. And it casts a deepening cloud over both the U.S. dollar and the giant Treasury market, which have been propped up for decades by their privileged status as the liabilities of the world’s hegemonic power.

According to the IMF forecast, which was quietly posted on the Fund’s website just two weeks ago, whoever is elected U.S. president next year — Obama? Mitt Romney? Donald Trump? — will be the last to preside over the world’s largest economy.

Most people aren’t prepared for this. They aren’t even aware it’s that close. Listen to experts of various stripes, and they will tell you this moment is decades away. The most bearish will put the figure in the mid-2020s.

But they’re miscounting. They’re only comparing the gross domestic products of the two countries using current exchange rates.

That’s a largely meaningless comparison in real terms. Exchange rates change quickly. And China’s exchange rates are phony. China artificially undervalues its currency, the renminbi, through massive intervention in the markets.

The comparison that really matters
In addition to comparing the two countries based on exchange rates, the IMF analysis also looked to the true, real-terms picture of the economies using “purchasing power parities.” That compares what people earn and spend in real terms in their domestic economies.

Under PPP, the Chinese economy will expand from $11.2 trillion this year to $19 trillion in 2016. Meanwhile the size of the U.S. economy will rise from $15.2 trillion to $18.8 trillion. That would take America’s share of the world output down to 17.7%, the lowest in modern times. China’s would reach 18%, and rising.

Just 10 years ago, the U.S. economy was three times the size of China’s.

Naturally, all forecasts are fallible. Time and chance happen to them all. The actual date when China surpasses the U.S. might come even earlier than the IMF predicts, or somewhat later. If the great Chinese juggernaut blows a tire, as a growing number fear it might, it could even delay things by several years. But the outcome is scarcely in doubt.

This is more than a statistical story. It is the end of the Age of America. As a bond strategist in Europe told me two weeks ago, “We are witnessing the end of America’s economic hegemony.”

We have lived in a world dominated by the U.S. for so long that there is no longer anyone alive who remembers anything else. America overtook Great Britain as the world’s leading economic power in the 1890s and never looked back.

And both those countries live under very similar rules of constitutional government, respect for civil liberties and the rights of property. China has none of those. The Age of China will feel very different."

Could it be that Mystery Babylon the Great is falling? What do you think this means?
Posted By: Rick H

Re: IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016) - 04/27/11 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Elle
IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end
Commentary: China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016

link

By Brett Arends, MarketWatch

Quote:
"BOSTON (MarketWatch) — The International Monetary Fund has just dropped a bombshell, and nobody noticed.

For the first time, the international organization has set a date for the moment when the “Age of America” will end and the U.S. economy will be overtaken by that of China.
And it’s a lot closer than you may think.

According to the latest IMF official forecasts, China’s economy will surpass that of America in real terms in 2016 — just five years from now.

Put that in your calendar.

It provides a painful context for the budget wrangling taking place in Washington right now. It raises enormous questions about what the international security system is going to look like in just a handful of years. And it casts a deepening cloud over both the U.S. dollar and the giant Treasury market, which have been propped up for decades by their privileged status as the liabilities of the world’s hegemonic power.

According to the IMF forecast, which was quietly posted on the Fund’s website just two weeks ago, whoever is elected U.S. president next year — Obama? Mitt Romney? Donald Trump? — will be the last to preside over the world’s largest economy.

Most people aren’t prepared for this. They aren’t even aware it’s that close. Listen to experts of various stripes, and they will tell you this moment is decades away. The most bearish will put the figure in the mid-2020s.

But they’re miscounting. They’re only comparing the gross domestic products of the two countries using current exchange rates.

That’s a largely meaningless comparison in real terms. Exchange rates change quickly. And China’s exchange rates are phony. China artificially undervalues its currency, the renminbi, through massive intervention in the markets.

The comparison that really matters
In addition to comparing the two countries based on exchange rates, the IMF analysis also looked to the true, real-terms picture of the economies using “purchasing power parities.” That compares what people earn and spend in real terms in their domestic economies.

Under PPP, the Chinese economy will expand from $11.2 trillion this year to $19 trillion in 2016. Meanwhile the size of the U.S. economy will rise from $15.2 trillion to $18.8 trillion. That would take America’s share of the world output down to 17.7%, the lowest in modern times. China’s would reach 18%, and rising.

Just 10 years ago, the U.S. economy was three times the size of China’s.

Naturally, all forecasts are fallible. Time and chance happen to them all. The actual date when China surpasses the U.S. might come even earlier than the IMF predicts, or somewhat later. If the great Chinese juggernaut blows a tire, as a growing number fear it might, it could even delay things by several years. But the outcome is scarcely in doubt.

This is more than a statistical story. It is the end of the Age of America. As a bond strategist in Europe told me two weeks ago, “We are witnessing the end of America’s economic hegemony.”

We have lived in a world dominated by the U.S. for so long that there is no longer anyone alive who remembers anything else. America overtook Great Britain as the world’s leading economic power in the 1890s and never looked back.

And both those countries live under very similar rules of constitutional government, respect for civil liberties and the rights of property. China has none of those. The Age of China will feel very different."

Could it be that Mystery Babylon the Great is falling? What do you think this means?

The whole world depends on Americas economy which drives all others including China and fears its force of arms, which are unsurpassed, so it may take some time before that happens.

Re: IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016) - 04/30/11 05:03 PM

Hi Rick, Tx for your reply.

Originally Posted By: RickH
The whole world depends on Americas economy which drives all others including China and fears its force of arms, which are unsurpassed, so it may take some time before that happens.

Well, it may or it may be sooner than expected if more natural disasters happen like what recently happened to Japan. This is going to affect the US economy big time for Japan will need to cash in all their stocks invested in the US to rebuild their country. This will further plunge the US economy, and China's economy will further increase. Therefore the forecast of China surpassing the US in 2016 will be closer with just that incident.

Money is what makes the world go around and if the US economy loses its dominance, then it will lose its force of arms too. There is much more population in China than the USA, and China will be able to equip themselves with weapons also.

I think this is a major world event. I have personally been affected by the US economy going down for over 10 years; however, I always assumed that the US will always remain the strongest in the world thinking that all the other countries’ economy will share the same US’s downfall. But I didn’t know that China’s economy has been growing steadily.

To me, knowing that many develop countries relies on China’s manufacturing skills to supply them with goods, it doesn’t appear that China’s past continual growth is going to stop. I know the cost of production in China has just increase because of fuel cost and maybe it will become not as cost effective to deal with China for many companies with the rise in prices. So eventually the countries will have to start producing their own goods which in turn will help their own economy on the long run. However, it cost lots of money to set up a business. So it’s not going to be a fast shift nor be an option for many businesses that are already in debts.

So I’m more lenient to believe this projection of China’s economy surpassing the US as a reality, and I wouldn’t surprise me that it will be sooner than 2016.

This will have a major world impact. So I was looking for Bible prophecies, which would warn us of this event? To my knowledge there is no King of the East(China) versus King of the West(USA) prophecies. So all I could think is that the way the world has been functioning (money system) by which the US is the main driver might be in many ways MYSTERY BABYLON? Rev 18. I’m not saying that the US is Mystery Babylon but this whole money racket how it is organized presently and ws dominating the world. And possibly this, Mystery Babylon, is falling right before our eyes. Could it be what we are witnessing?
Posted By: Daryl

Re: IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016) - 05/16/11 11:11 PM

Also, could we end up with a one world currency before this happens?

Re: IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016) - 05/17/11 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Daryl F

Hi Daryl,

I know this is what we have all been expecting, but a one world currency isn't it highly dependable on a healthy Mystery Babylon empire? So these significant worldly event kind of makes me wonder if our expectation/interpretation is wrong.

If Mystery Babylon is this current worldly Bank System/political powers/Secret Societies mesh up together governing body that has been largely manipulating worldly events for some times now;

and if they are losing grip of the economy by an unforeseen hand(God) that they cannot recover regardless of all their attempts;

Therefore what is happening right now could be the falling of Mystery Babylon right before our eyes as related in Rev 18. China depends on a healthy Mystery Babylon also. So if Mystery Babylon falls then “the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more”. Rev 18:11

Here's another recent blow to Mystery Babylon with the head of the IMF(International Monetary Fund ) :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/16/dominique-strausskahn-fac_n_862340.html?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-w%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C213349

link
Originally Posted By: link
NEW YORK -- The head of the International Monetary Fund was examined for evidence that could incriminate him in the alleged sexual assault of a hotel maid, charges that stunned the global financial world and upended French presidential politics.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn, a married father of four whose reputation with women earned him the nickname "the great seducer," faced arraignment Monday on charges of attempted rape and criminal sexual contact in the alleged attack on a maid who went into his penthouse suite at a hotel near Times Square to clean it.

All these little blows that has been happening continually, for what? 10 years now, is just pilling up and having a major effect on the current world economy and political system.
Posted By: Rick H

Re: IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016) - 05/17/11 02:10 PM

Now we are looking down the real danger, in order to stabilize the price of oil and energy, the world has to agreed on one world currency and a few more surges like this last one and that will be a given........

Re: IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016) - 05/20/11 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Rick H

Now we are looking down the real danger, in order to stabilize the price of oil and energy, the world has to agreed on one world currency and a few more surges like this last one and that will be a given........

I don't know Rick and Daryl, to me it doesn't compute. I did see it when they(World Banks, Secret Societies, whoever up there who runs World's events) had the control over the money. For a one world empire to rule, doesn't it needs to have power in terms of having the control over money and the people? Having a major world economic crisis, they are losing their power(money) PLUS the faith of the people in them, therefore less ability to control the people.

Look at this article that says that the government "will begin to tap federal retiree programs to help fund operations after the government lost its ability Monday to borrow more money from the public".

link : http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/e...ry.html?hpid=z1

They have a pretty nice graph showing the national debt since 1980.

in 1980 the USA reached 1 Trillion dollars in debt,
in 1986.................2 Trillions....
in 1993.................4 Trillions.....
in 2002.................6 Trillions ........
in 2006.................8 Trillions.....
in 2008.................11 Trillions.....
in 2010.................13 Trillions......
in 2011.................14 Trilions......

With these numbers, it shows a plain lost of control especially starting 10 years ago.

Blessings!

Re: IMF bombshell: Age of America nears end(China’s economy will surpass the U.S. in 2016) - 09/27/11 10:40 PM

Well, it looks like America nor Europe is going to recover this one. Mystery Babylon(those controlling this world) is fallen. Here's BBC interviewing a Financial Trader who warns everyone that the whole stock market is crashing that in less than a year, everyones assets will be lost. He believe that Goldman Sachs will make money out of it and other people with a good plan can also. However, I don't believe that. I believe God has his finger on all of this and His purpose will be fulfill to judge Babylon. It's time to get out of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpg76VjTa58

No time to loose, get ready. Buy a little piece of land in the country and some seeds. Whatever else you have left as paper money, buy something that won't loose its value like silver. Silver has long been depress and its price will shoot to the moon.

Babylon was the head of Gold and it is the arms of silver(King of the East - Medo-Persia) that overthrew Babylon. China(King of the East) is wisely counseling its citizen to buy silver. It would be wise for us to do the same.

Mystery (Secret) Babylon is fallen - 10/04/11 07:18 PM

It looks the Anti Wall Street Protest is spreading Nationwide. It started on Sept 17th the day Operation Jericho blew the Trumpets and circle the twin cities. That very same day, another independant group in New York they set up camp to protest. As liberals they are standing against Faschism.

"A system of government that exercises a dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business leadership, together with a belligerent nationalism."

This is what happened when the international banks took over America through the Federal Reserve Bank in 1913. It is a world-wide economic system that has secretly taken over the political apparatus . We can call it Mystery (Secret) Babylon.

Typically Fascism government takes over business, however with Secret Babylon it is the other way around.

http://news.yahoo.com/anti-wall-street-protests-spread-nationwide-210839665.html

Protesters in St. Louis stood on a street corner a few blocks from the shimmering Gateway Arch, carrying signs that read, "How Did The Cat Get So Fat?," ''You're a Pawn in Their Game" and "We Want The Sacks Of Gold Goldman Sachs Stole From Us."

The statut of Secret Babylon is about to loose it's head of Gold. These are signs of the Times.

Re: Mystery (Secret) Babylon is fallen - 10/10/11 06:12 PM

I believe God has his finger on all of this and His purpose will be fulfill to judge Babylon. It's time to get out of her.

What Babylon are you referring to here; the world itself, the churches of the world, or both?

Re: Mystery (Secret) Babylon is fallen - 10/25/11 01:22 PM

I believe God has his finger on all of this and His purpose will be fulfill to judge Babylon. It's time to get out of her.

What Babylon are you referring to here; the world itself, the churches of the world, or both?

I'm talking about Mystery Babylon. According to world events and what's being unfolded, what I’m starting to understand is that Mystery Babylon is the 1% that has been controlling America and the world since 1913-14 under the Federal Reserve Act signed by President Wilson in February 1914 which is exactly 2,520 years from 607 BC(Babylon empire begin).

Time Cycles and Appointed Time of Mystery Babylon
It seems that Yah operates in time cycles and acts according to these in very specific appointed times. There are many time cycles by which the main one is the Jubilee cycle of 490. Another important time cycle is 7 times (7 x 360 = 2,520). Babylon became an empire when it conquered Nineveh in 607 B.C.

Daniel was shown a statue of empires. We know that all the empires has come through including the little horn empire. We put a lot of emphasis on the little horn empire(a religious empire) and it seems we end all prophesies with it, however, what I’m gathering, it might not be the last empire as Revelation talks about another -- Mystery Babylon.

Mystery Babylon & The 2 Beasts of Rev 13
Rev 13 shows the manifestation of two beasts. The religious empire -- the first beast that came up from the water -- could be the product of the 2,520 years time cycle which ends in 1914. However from 1914, the political power --the second beast from the earth -- Mystery Babylon was born that controled the whole world. It was a secret type of Babylon operated by the bankers that brought America and the world into financial bondage with the Federal Reserve Act.

Mystery Babylon & Wall Street Occupying the World
They have succeeded to put the world in bondage/debt by lending them(all countries) money from thin air. This is whom God is judging by bringing them down. Occupy Wall Street has now turned into "Occupy the World." The movement has spread to over 1000 cities across America and the world. It is cutting across virtually all party lines and ideologies, because most of the people in each party are finally concluded that the problem lies primarily in the big banks.

The Beast will eat the Flesh of the Harlot -- Mystery Babylon
The American Nazi Party:
http://conservativebyte.com/2011/10/american-nazi-party-endorses-occupy-wall-street%e2%80%98s-%e2%80%99courage%e2%80%98-tells-members-to-support-protests-and-fight-%e2%80%99judeo-capitalist-banksters%e2%80%99/

The Communist Party :
http://www.cpusa.org/solidarity-with-occupy-wall-street-teleconference-oct-11/

These main big parties and the others did serve Mystery Babylon however, like it is prophecies in Revelation 17:15,16, it appears that they are turning against the harlot and will eat her flesh. So maybe this is what we are presently all witnessing right now.

Re: Mystery (Secret) Babylon is fallen - 12/18/11 01:27 AM

New development has recently come to the surface. The secrets of the Mystery Babylon is being reveal.

Below is an interview with Benjamin Fulford in regard to the Trillion-dollar lawsuit filed on Nov. 23, 2011 that could end the Babylonian system as we know it. It is quite informative report. If you really want to understand the world-changing events happening right now, I highly recommend that you take the time to look at this information.

It involves the Dal Bosco theft of $134 billion worth of bonds a few years ago. This was only the tip of a very large iceberg. It is tied to the Asian royal families to recover the gold that they had loaned the Federal Reserve System back in the 1930's. The bonds (notes on the loan) came due in 1994, but the thieves at the Fed refused to pay back the loan.

The International Court of Justice ruled against the Fed in 1998. Only now is this coming to light in a US court of law.

Who is behind this overthrow of the Fed(Secret Bablylon)? They are "The Kings of the East"(Asia which is represented by 120 countries). Listen to the historical and intricate details that resulted in this current World Empire at the link below.

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/995-lawsuit-end-tyranny?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DavidWilcockBlog+%28David+Wilcock+Newsletter%29
link here

Re: Mystery (Secret) Babylon is fallen - 12/24/11 05:28 AM

Has anybody actually checked out the link that Elle provided as "link here" at the end of her post?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church