Family History e-Books

Posted By: Brent

Family History e-Books - 06/28/04 02:20 AM

Do you think anyone would be interested in reading e-books about the history of German-Russian Mennonite families who became Adventists? How about selling them on eBay for a penny?

I'm thinking of creating them and putting 'em online. I've already scanned them into my computer.

The original books don't show a copywrite date, and my ancestors who wrote and published them are long gone, so can I assume it's ok to make them available for download?

The e-book format I'll be using prevents copy-and-pasting and only allows printing.
Posted By: danielw

Re: Family History e-Books - 06/28/04 05:09 AM

If the books are free, i'll be glad to put them in the DMOZ (ODP) directory. That is the big one used by Google etc.

My ancestry is close to yours it sounds like, so am naturally interested in these books [Smile]
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Family History e-Books - 07/10/04 01:59 AM

Brent,

A lot of people must be going to your website as you are over your bandwidth quota.

Re: Family History e-Books - 07/11/04 04:26 AM

Right. Well that's why I just moved it to its new location, brentsplace.us. Instead of a free account with a 100MB/mo. bandwidth limit, I now have a paid account with a 1.5GB/mo. bandwidth limit.

I invite everyone to check out my site and use it as a witnessing tool.

Daniel, how is your ancestry close to mine? Thanks for your offer. I'll let you know as soon as I get my e-books online.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Family History e-Books - 07/12/04 12:18 AM

Brent,

Your http://brentsplace.us/ site isn't working either.
Posted By: Will

Re: Family History e-Books - 07/12/04 12:53 AM

The reason why http://brentsplace.us/ is not up is due to a move by PWebTech out of NAC to a new datacenter. I had to notify all of my clients of this issue as their sites were down and are at NAC dc in New Jersey, but my site and clients sites are up as of this afternoon PST , so perhaps the server his account is on is getting set up at the moment, and hopefully the ip address he is using will not change. I highly doubt it will because mine and my clients have not changed, but we will be moving to PEER-1 shortly. Anyways hopefully that is the case with Brent's site.

God Bless,
Will

Re: Family History e-Books - 07/14/04 08:50 PM

It is indeed. The server's online again and my site's up now. Have a look and tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is welcome.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church