If you had $50,000

Posted By: Restin

If you had $50,000 - 01/09/05 04:04 AM

What would you do if you suddenly had $50,000, with which to do whatever you thought best? Please don't move this to financial section because i can't post there.
Posted By: Wendy F

Re: If you had $50,000 - 01/09/05 05:04 AM

Honestly, I think I'd pay off half my mortgage at this point. It's been so hard making ends meet since Howard's accident. I'd like to be more noble...alas....
Posted By: D R

Re: If you had $50,000 - 01/11/05 10:32 PM

If I had $50,000 come my way (not by lottery of course) It would be very easy to see what I would do:

$20,000 to personal Bills (student Loan, Car...)

$10,000 to Christian Record Services/National Camps for the Blind (see www.crsblindservices.ca )I am the Provincial rep for CRS/NCB [Smile]

$5,000 savings

$5,000 local church project

$5,000 to ADRA (see www.adra.ca )

$5,000 to family

Does someone have $ to send my way??? [Smile]
Posted By: Wendy F

Re: If you had $50,000 - 01/12/05 11:35 AM

Daniel,

My mom used to work for Christian Record Braille years ago. She loved it there. I still remember going through the blind empathy course when I was about 14. Very "enlightening".
Posted By: Wensmith

Re: If you had $50,000 - 01/15/05 04:00 AM

hi Wendy - and all! My name is Wendy too - I used to go to school with Wendy. Anyway - I am new at this - but I think after Tithe, I'd have to give a chunk of the money to ADRA. I love the work they do. If I didn't have young kids - I'd by a ticket and go help with all the orphans. The best is to just ask God - he will let you know exactly what he wants.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: If you had $50,000 - 01/15/05 04:49 AM

The more Wendys the better. [Animated Laughter]
Posted By: debbie

Re: If you had $50,000 - 01/15/05 06:44 AM

If I had $50,000, I'd pay my tithes and offerings first--then I'd give some to Amazing Facts, ADRA and probably our local church.

With what is leftover (probably about $35,000) I'd probably put in savings for our grandchildren's education.

Re: If you had $50,000 - 01/15/05 06:37 PM

Reason I brought it up was that I have a chance to sell some of my land, but already live in the country and maybe don't need to relocate. I was going to remodel the house, but am having second thoughts with all the signs of the Time of Trouble upon us already.

I'm so much in awe at the thought of Jesus really and truly coming! I would pay tithe,of course, but I wonder how else to help and also provide for myself. I'm retired and disabled so would surely lose my SS when the gov makes us decide to take the Mark or be cut off.

Even when the Mark (I.D card?) is required, good ole' cash via the underground will get you a long way...for awhile maybe. I'm praying for God to guide me in such a decision, for how I could help His cause best and help myself and others that pass my way in the coming trouble. But am I jumping the gun?
Posted By: Windsor

Re: If you had $50,000 - 01/22/05 09:05 PM

quote:
Even when the Mark (I.D card?) is required, good ole' cash via the underground will get you a long way...for awhile maybe.
Assuming cash is still legal tender at the time.
Posted By: Windmill

Re: If you had $50,000 - 02/14/05 07:53 AM

Invest it, make more money off it, give the tithes to the church/a charity, then invest it again, then give tithe (and the cycle continues)

Re: If you had $50,000 - 02/19/05 11:41 PM

Windsor, it will be illegal to go around without the Mark, when that time comes.
Posted By: Davros

Re: If you had $50,000 - 04/05/05 06:46 AM

I would give my church some much needed help!
Posted By: roxe

Re: If you had $50,000 - 05/18/05 07:52 PM

Wow, this is one difficult question. Knowing that money will not do us any good during the time of trouble; and the angels will be taking care of our wants/needs; and looking at what is going on in the world around us;

well, to me it seems best to pay tithe, offerings, and give the rest to God - I'd contribute to Adventist World Radio, they are doing such a great work reaching people in closed countries.

Or do a modified fast and pray where it would be pleasing to God for you to put it.

Restin, let us know what happens; and in the mean time, I'll be praying for you in this decision.
Posted By: Redfog

Re: If you had $50,000 - 05/20/05 06:29 AM

If I were to suddenly get $50,000 I would no doubt spend it on myself, so therefore God will see that I will never get that kind of money [Smile]

Man does honesty ever hurt [Mad]

Redfog

Re: If you had $50,000 - 05/22/05 06:27 AM

So, maybe God would give that much to someone who would use it to help the "underground" when the resistors to the Mark don't have money, jobs, or I.D's to buy food. Good ole cash will buy lots of food on the "black market" in those days. What do you think?
Posted By: Redfog

Re: If you had $50,000 - 05/22/05 06:51 AM

Somehow I don't think cash will do us much good when we flee to the mountains. Fire starters? TP? Camouflage?

I suppose that all of us have a fantasy of finding a large amount of cash and what we would do with it. Of course we would all do altruistic things. Right?

This thread reminds me a humorous song of a couple years ago called "If I have a million dollars" by a group that goes by the initials BNL. In it they talk about what they would do if they had a million dollars.

Redfog
Posted By: Daryl

Re: If you had $50,000 - 07/24/06 07:50 PM

How about paying off any outstanding debts, such as a mortgage or whatever?
Posted By: Tom

Re: If you had $50,000 - 07/25/06 12:36 AM

Yes, mortgage for me.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church