Is Anyone running Macintosh?

Posted By: gordonb1

Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 07/12/06 06:23 AM

Looking for other Mac users to compare notes, improve function.
gordonb1@mac.com

Gordon
Posted By: LadyTenor

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 07/19/06 05:13 AM

My husband and I own a G5 running on Mac OS X. I also have a PC laptop. My husband uses the Mac most times and I am usually on the PC. I use the Mac to store pictures and music because it has 200+ gig on the hard drive.

I don't know much about Macs, but I am learning more and more as I go along...
Posted By: gordonb1

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 07/19/06 07:44 PM

Welcome to Maritime, Sister Dickson. I'm running the same Mac system, but you're the only Mac user to respond here, so far. Have you had any problems with your G5? My power supply burned out after a year, but was replaced free of charge.

If you have access to the Independent Ministries forum you'll see there is some controversy which may interest a legal mind from the point of view of slander/libel. Hope to hear from both you and your husband on MSDAOL.

Gordon
Posted By: LadyTenor

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 10/22/06 03:10 AM

Hi Bro. Gordon!

Haven't been on this site in a while. Glad to be back. I have never had any problems with my G5.

Must make a mental note to check out the "Independent Ministries" forum!!!

Have a great week!
--Talia
Posted By: crater

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 01/16/07 08:47 PM

We use mac's in our home. Back in the mid 90's we were trying to decided what type of computer to get. After carefull thought and consideration we went with the mac and have never regretted it. For one thing no virus problems ever!

We have come along way since that date. Now my spouse is the mac expert of the area and machelp is our business. I am fortunate that I have the help when I needed. Over the past few years we have seen people leaving pc's for macs.

We use G4's that have had lots of extra's added. Using os x tiger.
We don't buy new computers very often but get a machine when a client upgrades.
Also get other equipment that way. My spouse needs to be on top of everything and that means purchasing items that we wouldn't necessarily have the need for but need to know it. Whatever people are going to need help with that has some connection to computers; at some point we have to purchase, as there is only so much you can learn from reading.

Well, this may be more then you wanted to know; but we think that mac is the only way to go.
Posted By: noahswife

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 02/28/07 08:45 PM

A Mac user since the Mac 512 came out in the summer of 1984. I love Tiger but can hardly wait for Leopard and the ilife suite upgrades. It's the ilife for me.......

nw

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 03/01/07 05:02 AM

nw

Glad to hear you are a mac user too.

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 04/17/07 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: noahswife
A Mac user since the Mac 512 came out in the summer of 1984. I love Tiger but can hardly wait for Leopard and the ilife suite upgrades. It's the ilife for me.......

nw
Hi NW,
I suppose you saw last weeks announcement by Apple, which declared that Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard would be delayed until October?

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 06/22/07 08:45 AM

My husband is a facilitator of the mac group of a computer user club. He said there were several p.c. users attending today as well a some who had switched over to macs. One woman who switched and operates her business with the mac, said that Microsoft has never worked so well as it does on her mac.

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 10/25/07 08:39 AM

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is due out in a few days. My husband has been playing with the beta version for a few months now. He is recommending to his clients to wait a while before getting it to see what problems it may have. However, he already has clients being scheduled to have it installed, as it is their call.

Re: Is Anyone running Macintosh? - 10/29/07 08:04 PM

My husband did an instal of os 10.5 Leopard yesterday. He did it on an extra HD.

He has had a few emails from clients of problems with the instal.

He is going to do another today on a extra mac that he has. Looking for the problems so he will know what he may come upon with his clients.

Interesting in reading the blogs, that some people had a smooth instal in 1.5 hours and others took over 3 hours. Some had blue screen. Some are saying that a fresh install is the key.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church