The Fourth Empire of Daniel 2 Re-examined

Posted By: Charity

The Fourth Empire of Daniel 2 Re-examined - 02/07/16 05:42 PM

A couple days ago I ran across this interview on YouTube of Jonathon Cahn by Jimmy Bakker. For those with a limited amount of time, this is only a 15 minute clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOoEo-iWHM

Cahn assumes that most Christians accept the fact that Rome is the fourth empire of Daniel 2 and that the physical empire will be revived and become again an empire of despotic oppression just before the return of Christ. He makes the case that this is already happening physically – the nations of Eastern and Western Europe and the US are the legacy of Rome, the modern manifestation of it and that the two legs are the two branches, the political states of the west and the spiritual state of the Papacy. He doesn't see the link yet between the US and the lamb-like beast, but I have to say that our non-Adventist brothers and sisters are surpassing Adventists in their insights into prophecy. Cahn's observation that the two legs of iron represent the combined powers of church and state in the final manifestation of Rome is a valid and timely insight.
Posted By: Elle

Re: The Fourth Empire of Daniel 2 Re-examined - 02/07/16 08:18 PM

That is a very interesting view. Something worth considering and to chew on.

For sure their is 4 Empires in Daniel and 1 extension of the fourth one (that we know it is the RCC). Then John in Rev 13 see again the first extension(=RCC) and then an additional extension -- the beast coming from the earth.

So to summarize --there's 4 Empires, the last one being the Roman Empire that has 2 extensions that can also be viewed as the two legs of the statue. It is indeed quite interesting.

BTW. -- I might be going off topic... sorry. As I watch this video on youtube, I've noticed that Johnathan Cahn talks about the end of ??? on April 13th??? I quickly browsed 3 of these videos but it seems I didn't hear or they didn't say how he got to that date and what exactly he thinks will happen. Do you know?
Posted By: Charity

Re: The Fourth Empire of Daniel 2 Re-examined - 02/08/16 04:02 AM

Yes, re: April 13, I'm sorry I should have posted a warning. This site where the clip is posted is misrepresenting Cahn and I think the reason is that the channel master is trying to generate traffic to boost advertising revenue. There's been a surge of that recently on YouTube. The dishonest create a channel, select a well know authority, copy their video/presentation etc and the re-post it with the name along with a sensational title to attract viewers to boost advertising revenue.
Posted By: Alchemy

Re: The Fourth Empire of Daniel 2 Re-examined - 02/08/16 09:41 AM

Truth mixed with error. They need a much better explanation of Daniel.

Re: The Fourth Empire of Daniel 2 Re-examined - 02/09/16 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Yes, re: April 13, I'm sorry I should have posted a warning. This site where the clip is posted is misrepresenting Cahn and I think the reason is that the channel master is trying to generate traffic to boost advertising revenue. There's been a surge of that recently on YouTube. The dishonest create a channel, select a well know authority, copy their video/presentation etc and the re-post it with the name along with a sensational title to attract viewers to boost advertising revenue.

Tx for explaining. I did noticed a bunch of advertising at the end of those videos to boost Cahn selling his books. That does misrepresents Cahn greatly.

Re: The Fourth Empire of Daniel 2 Re-examined - 02/09/16 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Truth mixed with error. They need a much better explanation of Daniel.

What would be beneficial to the discussion is that you would qualify what you see as errors.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church